YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
6 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 12:38:39 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 49 post(s)
I have created many custom archetypes covering a wide variety of themes. They all have short descriptions beside their titles and longer ones inside their spoilers, if any pique your interest. To be honest, my favorite ones are Witchcrafter, because of its high synergy and good design, Requipped because I love equip spells, and Necromantic & Seafarer, because of their uniqueness. Really I like them all, though. Be sure to check out my description of new card types before you play the Mechangel, Dinorider, and Legendary Wyrm archetypes, as they use summoning methods not in the TCG.

Archetypes I'm not particularly fond of:

Archetypes I like a lot:

Seafarer (Synchro/S&T Steal)

Seafarer Expansion

Witchcrafter (Pendulum/Xyz/Rank-Up)

Necromantic (Create-Your-Own-Monster Ritual Archetype)

Dinorider (Normal Monster/Pendulum/Negative Ritual)

Requipped (Equip Spell/Xyz)

Legendary Wyrm (Fusion/Reverse Pendulum)

Mystic Fauna (Low-level Synchro into Xyz)

Psybernated (Pendulum/Contact Fusion)

Glade (Flip/Xyz)

Glade Expansion:

Witchcrafter Expansion

Dragoscendent (Synchro into Xyz boss monsters)

Misc (random support for existing archetypes/cards designed to be used generically)

This download contains the best archetypes I've made (in terms of design, balance, gameplay, uniqueness, etc, in my opinion, of course). It contains Seafarers, Witchcrafters (minus the crossover support), Necromantics, Requipped, Legendary Wyrm, Mystic Fauna, Psyber, and Glade.

This download contains every pack (313 cards).

You can install all of these by simply extracting them into the "expansions" folder located in the main ygopro directory.

Edited by user Sunday, October 29, 2017 9:22:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added Dragoscendent archetype

thanks 8 users thanked Dr. Sexy M.D. for this useful post.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 05, 2016 6:26:05 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

United States

Continuation of first post (the post got too big :P):

Explanation of new card types:

Banlist (for all of my OP cards):

HQ card images can be downloaded here.

Set Codes in Use:

Card IDs in Use:

Fun facts:

Please let me know what you think of these archetypes (If they're fun to play, if they need to be rebalanced or have cards limited, or any other thoughts you have).

Known Bugs:

Deck Themes Completed:

Deck Themes To-Do:

Edited by user Sunday, October 29, 2017 10:18:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated things to reflect Dragoscendent cards

File Attachment(s):
Generic Negative Ritual Trap.lua (2kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
Generic Reverse Pendulum.lua (5kb) downloaded 23 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 2 users thanked Dr. Sexy M.D. for this useful post.
windikite  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 1:09:39 PM(UTC)
windikite

this all looks so good! Going to try out these and tell you what I think. Wish I could script, I'd love to put some ideas for charmers down as cards ;;
Kindrindra  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 11:17:08 AM(UTC)
Kindrindra

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 35 post(s)
For the Higher God archetype, have you tried using Gozen Match as a reference? EVENT_ADJUST is a Code that opens up so many hilarious possibilities! ^_^
Cards scripted: ...lost count
Cards released: 18
Cards illustrated: Double digits

Main Decks: D/D, Heraldic, Gusto on good days
thanks 1 user thanked Kindrindra for this useful post.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:00:02 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

United States

Originally Posted by: Kindrindra Go to Quoted Post
For the Higher God archetype, have you tried using Gozen Match as a reference? EVENT_ADJUST is a Code that opens up so many hilarious possibilities! ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into that and see if I can use it to fix the Higher God's code.

Update: Added Mechangel archetype and a little fun facts section.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2016 7:12:22 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

United States

Update: Added the cool new Seafarer archetype, which is based around taking your opponent's Spell and Trap cards and using them as your own. I also fixed the card text of the Combustion synchro monsters, because they previously didn't display the synchro requirements.

Edit: I did some major bugfixing on the Seafarers, but they should be good to go now (mostly). There's still a problem where the effects of cards that require you destroy a S/T card to use them don't go off (e.g. Alvina won't SS monster from grave), but this happens very rarely and I'm unsure as to why it happens.

Edited by user Friday, February 05, 2016 6:59:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ha_n  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2016 12:57:40 PM(UTC)
ha_n

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Oh nice creation. These archtype is awesome:laugh . I must login to thank for you:lol

Edited by user Friday, February 05, 2016 1:08:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 07, 2016 7:19:14 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

United States

Update: Added an expansion to the Seafarer archetype. I thought that they didn't have enough monsters, so the expansion adds several new ones. It also adds new Synchros, which eliminate for the deck's previous lack of ability to take out opponent's cards with their high attack and ability to destroy/banish opponent's cards. Several of the new Seafarers are able to Special Summon themselves from the hand, significantly increasing the deck's swarming ability. This expansion also added more cards that can steal opponent's S/T cards at no cost, allowing you to build your field to pay cost for your other effects. I did put some of the new cards on my makeshift limited list, though.
ha_n  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 2:23:02 AM(UTC)
ha_n

Amazing! But i think they are quite fast if no banlist. Some cards are good enough to become a staple card as Aetherial Girl Jona, Aetherial Arms,..
Higher God reminds me about Dragon Rulers but fortunately this archtype (although each card can add any deck) can't swarm. Seafarer and Aetherial Girl is the strongest in these archtype (i think because the expansion made they can auto-search and set up field too fast) I am really impressive about pendulum scale of Aetherial Girl. Can you guide way to make it ?.
ha_n  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 2:41:24 AM(UTC)
ha_n

Amazing! But i think they are quite fast if no banlist. Some cards are good enough to become a staple card as Aetherial Girl Jona, Aetherial Arms,..:Z
Higher God reminds me about Dragon Rulers but fortunately this archtype (although each card can add any deck:lol ) can't swarm. Seafarer and Aetherial Girl is the strongest in these archtype (i think because the expansion made they can auto-search and set up field too fast:) )
I am really impressive about pendulum scale of Aetherial Girl. Can you guide way to make it ?.:laugh

Edited by user Tuesday, February 09, 2016 2:51:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 7:45:30 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

United States

Originally Posted by: ha_n Go to Quoted Post
Amazing! But i think they are quite fast if no banlist. Some cards are good enough to become a staple card as Aetherial Girl Jona, Aetherial Arms,..:Z
Higher God reminds me about Dragon Rulers but fortunately this archtype (although each card can add any deck:lol ) can't swarm. Seafarer and Aetherial Girl is the strongest in these archtype (i think because the expansion made they can auto-search and set up field too fast:) )
I am really impressive about pendulum scale of Aetherial Girl. Can you guide way to make it ?.:laugh

Yeah, I know the expansions are broken. The whole point of the Aetherial Girl expansion was to add ludicrous support to the deck, so it makes them super broken. That's why I put most of the cards on there on the banlist. When I figure out how to make an actual banlist for the game I'll put a little download of that up, but for now I just have a little list of what I think should be hit to make the game more balanced in my main topic post. The Seafarer expansion I made because I thought they didn't have enough main deck monsters, but I haven't played around with the expansion too much, so I don't know which cards are sufficiently broken enough to be put on the banlist. I did put Bonnie and Jack on there, though, because Bonnie's SS effect is too easily spammable (I should probably do an errata where she is banished when she leaves the field if she uses her effect) and searching S/T cards is always broken IMO.

I don't think Aetherial Arms would become a staple card because it can only be equipped to "Aetherial Girl" monsters, but I suppose the banish effect is pretty good...

I was going for a Dragon Ruler-esque thing with the Higher Gods. They're powerful monsters that get returned to the hand during the End Phase.

Thanks for the feedback on all the cards, though. I'll definitely see about maybe putting some more of the seafarer cards on the banlist. Imo, though, the strongest card of them all (besides Plagius because he's just not fair in any respect) is Isadore, Combustion Phoenix. He's not on the banlist because he's kind of the core of that deck and I'd feel bad hitting him, but he's basically impossible to get rid of, and every time he comes back he destroys an opponent's card, so he's probably one of the most broken cards I've made.

About how I made the scales different: Michael Lawrence Dee talks about it in his tutorial, but the way the pendulum scales are decided is in the level value of a monster in the card database. When you go to make a card's level, usually you just put in the level, but for pendulum monsters it's different. For pendulum monsters, you put an 8-digit hexadecimal number. The number is formatted like so: 00 00 0000. The first two numbers are the left scale, the second two the right scale, and the final 4 the level. So, if I wanted to make a level 4 monster with scale 3-9, I would make it 03090004. Note that hex counts up to F, so scale 2-10 would be 020A0004 because A is equivalent to 10. Before you put this in the database, however, you must convert it to decimal. There are many calculators on the internet, but if you just put "03090004 hex to decimal" in Google it should solve it for you.

I have, however, discovered that having different scales is super broken because it makes the scales way too easy to set. The same values on both of the scales is one of the only things keeping pendulum decks relatively balanced right now. I did have an idea a while ago for a deck where the pendulum monsters have different scales, but the scales swap during your standby phase (effectively making it so that if one of your scales gets destroyed, you may have to wait a whole turn before you can set them again, lest you get stuck with perpetually having an unusable scale). Maybe I'll feature that idea in my next deck.
thanks 2 users thanked Dr. Sexy M.D. for this useful post.
ha_n  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 1:23:57 PM(UTC)
ha_n

Actually I use 3 of them.I will try others archtype later. Thank you :laugh
Kindrindra  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:31:26 AM(UTC)
Kindrindra

I finally got around to trying them out a little bit~

I tried Seafarer and Promethean, mostly. Seafarer is really cool, and nicely balanced! I like how it forces your opponent to think about what and when to use their S/T- It gains a lot of power against backrow-dependant decks, and loses a lot against decks which can afford to not play their backrow, but either way it's still fairly balanced. Well, although Blackbeard is a bit terrifying...

Promethean might be fairly broken. I never had to go into Go (teehee), or even the semi-limited Ichi- If you can make San and access the Field Spell, you've practically won (Read: Can you in any way summon Shock Troops). It's been a while since I've played an archetype with enough OTK and searching to easily run Reckless Greed, but this is one of them. There's pretty much no point in running any out-of-archetype Extra Deck cards; The in-house ones outclass them all (even Beatrice and her Fusion Husband sit in the Extra collecting dust). That's not to say the costs and effects aren't balanced! You start getting low on LP quite quickly! But there's no deck that can stand up to it long enough for it to be relevant, not even Kozmo. To put it into perspective, HERO pays 4000LP just for a Dark Law- This deck can easily win games without spending that much.

Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:50:19 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

United States

I finally got around to trying them out a little bit~

I tried Seafarer and Promethean, mostly. Seafarer is really cool, and nicely balanced! I like how it forces your opponent to think about what and when to use their S/T- It gains a lot of power against backrow-dependant decks, and loses a lot against decks which can afford to not play their backrow, but either way it's still fairly balanced. Well, although Blackbeard is a bit terrifying...

Promethean might be fairly broken. I never had to go into Go (teehee), or even the semi-limited Ichi- If you can make San and access the Field Spell, you've practically won (Read: Can you in any way summon Shock Troops). It's been a while since I've played an archetype with enough OTK and searching to easily run Reckless Greed, but this is one of them. There's pretty much no point in running any out-of-archetype Extra Deck cards; The in-house ones outclass them all (even Beatrice and her Fusion Husband sit in the Extra collecting dust). That's not to say the costs and effects aren't balanced! You start getting low on LP quite quickly! But there's no deck that can stand up to it long enough for it to be relevant, not even Kozmo. To put it into perspective, HERO pays 4000LP just for a Dark Law- This deck can easily win games without spending that much.

Yeah, the Seafarers are probably the most balanced archetype that I've made. If you don't use the expansion, Blackbeard's basically the only one with even moderate offensive capabilities, so he's intended to be terrifying ;)

If you use Promethean Battleship Go you can essentially negate the cost of their effects. I never really tested the power of the rank 6 monsters effectively because I rarely used them. I always prefer to use Promethean Armored Artillery to go into the rank 8s because I have more fun that way. I'll look into how powerful the rank 6s are and maybe put them on the pseudo-banlist. Prometean Justicar is pretty broken. I know it should be at limited or banned, but that's one of my favorite decks that I've made so it pains me to hit cards from it. The field spell should probably also be hit because it lets the Xyz monsters get to 3500+ Atk easily and the SS from hand effect is pretty powerful. I intended that effect to be used with Behemoth or Armored Artillery because they end combos, but if you use it on Justicar, Shock Troops, or Heavy Gunner I can see how it would be relatively over-powered. I usually don't like running too many out-of-archetype cards (esp. extra deck cards) because I think a lot of staple cards are kinda douchey (esp. because lots of them are pretty expensive like Cyber Infinity), so I tried to make the Promethean monsters good enough to where you won't really need to run anything like Honor Ark or Castel.

I'll probably update the banlist soon to make the Promethean deck more balanced (or at least make it so that you can't consistently win within two turns). I think it would be cool if Konami made an archetype like this (i.e. a multi-rank Xyz archetype that actually works) sometime soon. There aren't really any like that that don't revolve around Rank-Up-Magics, though you could make an interesting variant of the Promethean deck by running Rank-Up-Magic Astral Force and using that to rank up between tiers (e.g. rank 4 -> rank 6).

Anyway, thank you for your feedback!

Also, I noticed that Promethean Shock Troops' type in the card art didn't correspond with his type in-game, so I fixed the art and changed its cost from 400 to 500 life points to make it at least slightly less powerful.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:53:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kindrindra  
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 2:43:53 AM(UTC)
Kindrindra

Mmmm, mutli-Rank is probably one of my favorite concepts, and it's a shame the only one that comes to mind (Constellars) devolved into Pleiades spam.

I'll look forwards to seeing how it develops, and I'll try to test the others in the meantime (and destroy Kozmo with Promethean when I feel like venting)~ ^_^

Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 5:53:24 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

United States

Mmmm, mutli-Rank is probably one of my favorite concepts, and it's a shame the only one that comes to mind (Constellars) devolved into Pleiades spam.

I'll look forwards to seeing how it develops, and I'll try to test the others in the meantime (and destroy Kozmo with Promethean when I feel like venting)~ ^_^

Technically there are several Pendulum decks (namely Odd-Eyes/Magicians and D/D/D) that feature multiple ranks, but that's not really their main focus. Super Quantum is also a multi-rank Xyz deck, but they don't really Xyz Summon properly, relying more on their Field Spell to Xyz Summon by using 1 material. None of those feature the high focus on Xyz Summoning (properly) and use of level changing that characterizes the Promethean and Constellar decks, though.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#17 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 5:55:09 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

United States

Update: Added new pendulum archetype based around Rank-Up Xyz Summoning (though I haven't thoroughly tested it yet, so idk if any cards should be put on the banlist and/or if there are any glitches that I may have missed. On the glitch front I'm pretty sure little to none exist, so you should probably be good, but please report any if you find them).
Added an actual banlist file with instructions on how to install.
Updated Seafarer Bonnie so that she gets banished when she leaves the field after using her effect.

Edited by user Monday, February 22, 2016 6:01:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Dr. Sexy M.D. for this useful post.
Kindrindra  
#18 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 4:37:18 AM(UTC)
Kindrindra

>Rank-Down

YESSSSSSSS
I'll have to remember that SetCode for when I make my Rank-Down archetypes so they work together on the custom server~

The only bug I noticed was that Alexis returns an error if you have no cards in your Pendulum Zone.

I really like the archetype as a whole, my only real issue is that the scaleswapping doesn't seem to mean anything unless you only have one scale up, which generally won't be happening because #Rosebud. But that's a pretty minor issue at most, it's not like most pendulum archetypes worry about setting their scales too much, and the Pendulum Restriction is drawback enough. What I do feel to be a bigger issue is the amount of removal the archetype has- Lillica is already both non-destruction removal and a search, and hitting monsters makes OTKs all the easier, especially since it gives you another monster to use to that end right after. To put it into boring math, she's a +2 on a 2300/2500 body (net +1 when you consider the Xyz Summon), while the oft-complained about Castel is a +1 (or more accurately +0 with the Xyz Summon) on a 2000/1500 body. That said, I adore everything about how she's meant to be the perfect set up to Rank-Up chains: The ability to hide herself and then revive with materials for a Rank-Up's use, but not her own (unless you field Blair) in particular is deliciously designed.

The Field is also wonderfully designed, excellently serving as a source of consistency, as well as truly feeling like a Field Spell with how it impacts both sides (which also makes Admiration of the Thousands an interesting side option both for and against the deck).

On a PSCT note, Trigger effects without a condition or cost should probably be preceded with "You can activate this effect:", but it's not a critical concern. Also, you forgot to say that Lillica's effect targets! XD

Really, I think the main issue atm is that by fielding 4 Witchcrafter (not a difficult task, especially with the Igknight-esque members), you can go into both Rk4 Xyz, bounce a card and banish a card (and add another card to your hand- Alexis serves an excellent option for the OTK), then special summon 1 of Lillica's former materials and swing for 6600-7600 damage on your opponent's devastated field. If one of Lillica's materials was Yurine you can bounce an additional card, and if you added Alexis and have your scales set, or if Ukina was a material, it's an almost guaranteed OTK (and you won't even need 4 on the field at the start), but the former isn't really something you can depend on. If you have Witchcrafted Force (or Yurine or the Field), you get an extra banish too (and a little more ATK).

All in all, I really like the archetype, and I'm really impressed you managed to make RUM a reliable concept, avoiding the bricking issues the concept tends to bring with it, and my only issue is that as is it doesn't even need the RUM to devastate your opponent in one turn. I'm really fond of the playstyle you've achieved though, and I'll probably be maining the deck once the custom server is up. Also, sugoku kawaii desu. :3

thanks 1 user thanked Kindrindra for this useful post.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:33:24 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

United States

>Rank-Down

YESSSSSSSS
I'll have to remember that SetCode for when I make my Rank-Down archetypes so they work together on the custom server~

The only bug I noticed was that Alexis returns an error if you have no cards in your Pendulum Zone.

I really like the archetype as a whole, my only real issue is that the scaleswapping doesn't seem to mean anything unless you only have one scale up, which generally won't be happening because #Rosebud. But that's a pretty minor issue at most, it's not like most pendulum archetypes worry about setting their scales too much, and the Pendulum Restriction is drawback enough. What I do feel to be a bigger issue is the amount of removal the archetype has- Lillica is already both non-destruction removal and a search, and hitting monsters makes OTKs all the easier, especially since it gives you another monster to use to that end right after. To put it into boring math, she's a +2 on a 2300/2500 body (net +1 when you consider the Xyz Summon), while the oft-complained about Castel is a +1 (or more accurately +0 with the Xyz Summon) on a 2000/1500 body. That said, I adore everything about how she's meant to be the perfect set up to Rank-Up chains: The ability to hide herself and then revive with materials for a Rank-Up's use, but not her own (unless you field Blair) in particular is deliciously designed.

The Field is also wonderfully designed, excellently serving as a source of consistency, as well as truly feeling like a Field Spell with how it impacts both sides (which also makes Admiration of the Thousands an interesting side option both for and against the deck).

On a PSCT note, Trigger effects without a condition or cost should probably be preceded with "You can activate this effect:", but it's not a critical concern. Also, you forgot to say that Lillica's effect targets! XD

Really, I think the main issue atm is that by fielding 4 Witchcrafter (not a difficult task, especially with the Igknight-esque members), you can go into both Rk4 Xyz, bounce a card and banish a card (and add another card to your hand- Alexis serves an excellent option for the OTK), then special summon 1 of Lillica's former materials and swing for 6600-7600 damage on your opponent's devastated field. If one of Lillica's materials was Yurine you can bounce an additional card, and if you added Alexis and have your scales set, or if Ukina was a material, it's an almost guaranteed OTK (and you won't even need 4 on the field at the start), but the former isn't really something you can depend on. If you have Witchcrafted Force (or Yurine or the Field), you get an extra banish too (and a little more ATK).

All in all, I really like the archetype, and I'm really impressed you managed to make RUM a reliable concept, avoiding the bricking issues the concept tends to bring with it, and my only issue is that as is it doesn't even need the RUM to devastate your opponent in one turn. I'm really fond of the playstyle you've achieved though, and I'll probably be maining the deck once the custom server is up. Also, sugoku kawaii desu. :3

Yeah, I know, Lilica is OP. I was probably gonna make her a little less ridiculous at some point, but then Fire Emblem Fates came out, so I've been doing nothing except playing that for the past few weeks. I could just remove the search after you banish, I suppose. Either that or make the cost 3+ Xyz materials or change it so that it destroys instead of banishes or something. I tried to design her like Hazy Flame Basiltrice, but I wanted to give her an effect a little bit better than just "banish 1 monster." I suppose I probably should've just stuck with that, though. Also, the reason I didn't say it targets is because I actually ran out of room in the description. There's a character limit on how much text you can put in, and because she has like 5 effects based on the number of xyz materials you have plus a pendulum effect, I reached it. I figured that I could just put "Lilica's effect targets" as a ruling on the card or something :P

I figured Lilica might be a problem, but mainly because of her attacking directly clause. I actually thought that the biggest problem might have been Rosebud because after I posted these I realized that it's kinda OP that she can attack directly, since you can easily get 3 of her and swing for 3600, being that it's a pendulum deck. Every time I gave an Xyz monster the ability to attack directly I figured that it wasn't too bad, rationalizing it by remembering the days when Harpies were good and Harpie's Pet Phantasmal Dragon could easily swing for 6000 direct attack damage.

The changing scales isn't that big a problem, but it can be a serious pain sometimes. If you're *really* dumb and put down a scale while one is changed, then you're stuck in a loop where you can never pendulum summon ever again. It's pretty much avoidable with Rosebud and Tyra, though. Lisette exists to essentially eliminate this problem, however. She's also there to super screw over my earlier decks where the scales don't switch (e.g. Mechangel). Really the scale changing is only there because I have wanted a deck like that to exist for a while, so I said "I might as well make one."

Now that you mention it, though, there are a lot of cards in the deck that let you banish things. I'll probably change it so that Lilica just destroys. She was supposed to be really good on her own if you got all 5 materials, but one of her purposes was to get 5 Xyz materials, then rank up into other things so that you could get, say, Twiska with like 8 or 9 materials. I was happy that I was able to make the rank-up-magics sufficiently synergistic with the deck where they don't hold it back like what happens frequently in Raid Raptors. I also love Rank-Down-Magics. That's partly why I made RDM Inversive Fall generic, so you could use it in other decks if you so wished. If Raid Raptors had a RDM then Devil Eagle would actually be viable.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I'll play around with balancing them and then release a balance update sometime. I'll maybe also eventually start on a new archetype revolving around banishing your cards and returning banished cards to the deck, so that maybe someone will actually use that new Pot of Greed card.

Edit: Also, which of Alexis' effects results in an error if there are no cards in your Pendulum Zones? The SS from grave effect worked fine for me when there were no cards there and the SS from hand effect won't activate unless there are two cards in the Pendulum Zone. It could have been something else about the situation that resulted in the error...

Edited by user Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:57:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#20 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 1:32:54 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

United States

Update: I did some rebalancing on the Witchcrafters that will hopefully make them less OTK-conducive. Changes:
  • Witchcrafter Tyra and Rosebud - Pendulum effect changed from "'Witchcrafter' cards in your Pendulum Zones are unaffected by opponent's card effects." to "While this card's Blue and Red Pendulum Scales are the same as its original Blue and Red Pendulum Scales, 'Witchcrafter' cards in your Pendulum Zones are unaffected by opponent's card effects." This should make it so that it is easier for the enemy to make it so that you're stuck with one scale while they're switched. It will also make their effect much less necessary, leading (hopefully) to more usage of the other Witchcrafters in the Pendulum Zones.
  • Witchcrafter Lilica - Monster effect changed from "You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; banish 1 monster your opponent controls, then add 1 'Witchcrafter' monster from your Deck to your Hand." to "You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; target and destroy 1 monster your opponent controls, then add 1 'Witchcrafter' monster from your Deck to your Hand." Hopefully this will nerf her sufficiently enough to where she doesn't lead to OTKs as easily. This way her effect does not necessarily lead to clearing the field because in many decks it will cause a trigger effect to go off and/or be ineffective (like against Beelze).
  • Witchcrafter Yurine - Monster effect changed from "If this card is sent to the Graveyard or face-up Extra Deck, you can target 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls; return them to the Hand." to "If this card is sent to the Graveyard or face-up Extra Deck, you can target 1 Xyz monster you control and 1 card your opponent controls; return them to the Hand." This will significantly help deter OTKs because it will force you to get rid of one of your highest attack monsters in exchange for bouncing one of theirs, rather than just returning a S/T card and getting many attacks. This also undermines the ability to return one of your Pendulum Scales to the hand, the ability to do which would have been very useful.

I have also changed the card text of Witchcrafter Spooky Sanctuary to better reflect PSCT and fixed a bug with Witchcrafter Alchemical Experiment. I updated the Aetherial Girl archetype so that the card texts no longer say "'Aetherial Girl' monster" but rather just "'Aetherial' monster" as well. This will be important if I decide to make an archetype concept that I'm thinking about. I'll probably also update the banlist soon, because I realized that there's good reason for some of the cards that I took off to be on the anime banlist (e.g. Mirror Force and Obelisk [the anime versions of them are OP]).

Edited by user Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:20:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Dr. Sexy M.D. for this useful post.