YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
51 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eerie Code  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:43:46 AM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

Was thanked: 676 time(s) in 446 post(s)
Hello everyone! Now that the forums have a brand new section for reporting bugs in the beta cards, all we need is a place where we can discuss them: for that, on kenpazaraki's request, I've created this thread. Here we can discuss about all cards currently in prerelease, both those currently online, those still unuploaded and possible future releases. Just two small rules before we start:

1. Discussion only. This thread is only for discussing the cards: if you have bugs to report or questions about the rulings, you should post them in the aforementioned section (since I'm more likely to notice them there anyway).
  2. Be polite. Kind of a no-brainer, but yeah: let's keep the discussions polite, okay? ;)
Aside from that, everything goes: feel free to discuss to your heart's content! Have fun! :laugh

Edited by moderator Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:55:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Stuck

Rodarolla  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 4:40:05 PM(UTC)
Rodarolla

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks as always Eerie, I really liked that part of the beta cards thread. Hopefully new cards'll come soon so we can see more life in here.
Padraigo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 4:43:40 PM(UTC)
Padraigo

Was thanked: 229 time(s) in 172 post(s)
So this is to discuss them as cards themselves?
UserPostedImage
Eerie Code  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 5:30:07 PM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

Originally Posted by: Padraigo Go to Quoted Post
Yes, you can discuss pretty much everything about the cards in prerelease that doesn't concern bugs: your opinions on the revealed cards, possible tactics or future expansions, everything goes. That also includes your ideas on possible cards in future sets, though I'd recommend keeping eventual spoilers from the anime within spoiler tags, for the sake of those who haven't seen the episodes or the previews yet.
Originally Posted by: Rodarolla Go to Quoted Post
Thanks as always Eerie, I really liked that part of the beta cards thread. Hopefully new cards'll come soon so we can see more life in here.
You're welcome! And yes, I really hope something new comes out soon. If I recall correctly, a magazine with some scans should come out at the start of the month, so maybe that will have something new? Let's face it, by now they should be able to announce something new!
LolsterXD97  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 5:40:16 PM(UTC)
LolsterXD97

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 127 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Eerie Code Go to Quoted Post
Yes, you can discuss pretty much everything about the cards in prerelease that doesn't concern bugs: your opinions on the revealed cards, possible tactics or future expansions, everything goes. That also includes your ideas on possible cards in future sets, though I'd recommend keeping eventual spoilers from the anime within spoiler tags, for the sake of those who haven't seen the episodes or the previews yet.
Originally Posted by: Rodarolla Go to Quoted Post
You're welcome! And yes, I really hope something new comes out soon. If I recall correctly, a magazine with some scans should come out at the start of the month, so maybe that will have something new? Let's face it, by now they should be able to announce something new!

Thanks to the most recent episode of Arc-V, there might be various things which would bring back to life this thread:
Padraigo  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 5:46:57 PM(UTC)
Padraigo

Dark Illusion might have Dark Magician support too considering the name and timing of release with the movie.

I also want the new Ancient Gear cards playable too.
UserPostedImage
Eerie Code  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 5:58:56 PM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

At the moment, those are my predictions for the upcoming cards:
  • Unless they change things now that we've reached Series 10, I agree with Padraigo, the new vintage support is most likely going to be related to "Dark Magician". I'm hoping it will be more geared towards "Magician of Black Chaos", though: with an upcoming Booster Pack with 45 cards for the movie, they have all the space for the original DM and DMG in there, while MoBC is still undersupported.
  • If we get a Fusion Booster to complete the trio, I think the most likely archetypes would be "Predator Plant" (the first archetype has always been from one of the Yus) and "Ancient Gear" (between the hounds, "Chaos Giant" and all the traps, there's more than enough stuff). I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of monsters for both archetypes, they had the same problem with Yuto's cards and they simply made some original ones.
  • "Beastborg"s might end up being included in that booster, like the "Goyo"s in HSRD: the "Ancient Gear" can be the Machine materials, and with the "Lunalight"s being recently released it would work as cross-promotion with SHVI. They'd need some serious nerfing, though, the way they are now makes the "Amorphage"s look mild!
  • "Starve Venom Fusion Dragon" is definitely going to be the cover card for "The Dark Illusion": there's no way one of the Dimension Dragons will be excluded from a cover.

As for my hopes, I hope the anime support will finally include the "Abyss Actor"s: they are DARK monsters, releasing them now would fit with the set name. Unfortunately, we can only wait for that...

Edited by user Sunday, January 31, 2016 6:00:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Padraigo  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 6:08:33 PM(UTC)
Padraigo

Abyss Actors need some proper screen time (no pun intended).

Sawatari hasn't done much since the tournament in Standard. I know he is a joke character but I'm hoping he gets atleast one more epic duel using his Abyss Actors.
UserPostedImage
Eerie Code  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 6:19:10 PM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

Sawatari hasn't done much since the tournament in Standard. I know he is a joke character but I'm hoping he gets atleast one more epic duel using his Abyss Actors.
To be fair, Serena didn't have much more screen time than Sawatari (or variety in her moves, for that matter): most of the Lunalight support came out a little more than a month before the set release. Given that the set should come out in May, if I recall correctly, we should have at least 12 episodes before the release: that's more than enough time for Sawatari to do something.

EDIT: My mistake, it's stated to be released on April 9th. That leaves 8 episodes before release, with admittedly lowers the chances for Abyss Actors, but at the same time, with only two months before release, they have to start announcing something soon.

Edited by user Sunday, January 31, 2016 6:48:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FTON  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 10:44:08 PM(UTC)
FTON

Was thanked: 340 time(s) in 291 post(s)

Maybe, they often portray Shingo as the "loser" but, i hope he gets a great duel that makes him look like a real Lancer. :thup

I'm looking forward to have Abyss Actors in the game =V
ebert  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 11:53:47 PM(UTC)
ebert

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Ancient Gear or Beastborg cards perhaps come out with Collectors Pack: Duelist of Radiance Version

Edited by user Sunday, January 31, 2016 11:55:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"A card! A card! My kingdom for a card!" - cit. from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of the Roses
kenpazaraki  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:39:12 PM(UTC)
kenpazaraki

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 43 post(s)
To be honest, at this point anything that's not a bloody reprint would be welcomed. I mean, between Dark Illusion, the Movie Pack and other stuff we should see over 100 new cards in the next 3 months.
LolsterXD97  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:49:40 PM(UTC)
LolsterXD97

Originally Posted by: kenpazaraki Go to Quoted Post
To be honest, at this point anything that's not a bloody reprint would be welcomed. I mean, between Dark Illusion, the Movie Pack and other stuff we should see over 100 new cards in the next 3 months.

Well, we have like 2 new promos in the line waiting to have their effects revelealed possibily in the next Twitter reveal or in the next V-Jump (Clear Kuriboh and Dragon Knight of Creation):
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

And something tells me that this week's Twitter reveal will be another bloody reprint, but from the Gold Pack 2016 since the Structure Deck will be out by the time. Starve Venom Fusion Dragon would fit more in an official V-Jump announcement rather than a simple Twitter reveal.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 02, 2016 8:02:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Eerie Code  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 8:32:04 PM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

Originally Posted by: LolsterXD97 Go to Quoted Post

Well, we have like 2 new promos in the line waiting to have their effects revelealed possibily in the next Twitter reveal or in the next V-Jump (Clear Kuriboh and Dragon Knight of Creation):
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

And something tells me that this week's Twitter reveal will be another bloody reprint, but from the Gold Pack 2016 since the Structure Deck will be out by the time. Starve Venom Fusion Dragon would fit more in an official V-Jump announcement rather than a simple Twitter reveal.
At least, according to the Wikia, both the movie pack and Duelist of Radiance come out in May: if they keep the release date for "The Dark Illusion" in April, that means we won't have to go through another period like this. And I honestly don't care about the medium, as long as something comes out: I know all kind of conventional logic would dictate SVFD will be announced after Sunday's episode, but at this point my hopes are ridiculously low...
LolsterXD97  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 8:34:49 PM(UTC)
LolsterXD97

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

At least, according to the Wikia, both the movie pack and Duelist of Radiance come out in May: if they keep the release date for "The Dark Illusion" in April, that means we won't have to go through another period like this. And I honestly don't care about the medium, as long as something comes out: I know all kind of conventional logic would dictate SVFD will be announced after Sunday's episode, but at this point my hopes are ridiculously low...

Yeah, I would like SVFD to get announced this Sunday, but The Dark Illusion hasn't been announced officialy in the V-Jump yet, so my hopes for that are low (but they can show its Anime Text at the next Jushuku unless they pull a C107).
Eerie Code  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 8:38:20 PM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Yeah, I would like SVFD to get announced this Sunday, but The Dark Illusion hasn't been announced officialy in the V-Jump yet, so my hopes for that are low (but they can show its Anime Text at the next Jushuku unless they pull a C107).
I suppose worst case scenario I could script the anime version: at the moment all I can script are the custom cards I submitted in the Organization Forum one month ago, so it'd be at least something fresh. Still, would we need an announcement on VJump? Wasn't "Duelist of Radiance" announced on Twitter?
LolsterXD97  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 8:42:51 PM(UTC)
LolsterXD97

Is like the DSOD Movie Pack which got leaked before but got announced officially in the Januray V-Jump, the same with this.
thanks 1 user thanked LolsterXD97 for this useful post.
Eerie Code  
#18 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2016 9:23:44 AM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

https://twitter.com/YuGi...tatus/695537159709683712

FINALLY! I cannot believe it took them so long to show something new, I really can't. I can't read Japanese, so we'll have to wait for the Organization to translate it, but from what little I understand this card is meant to be used in the Felgrand Deck, and will be released on February 20th.

EDIT: The Wikia has a rough translation. Its first effect makes "Ruins of the Great Divine Dragon" a lot more practical, and its third effect is no slouch either. Overall I can see how this card would be useful in the Felgrand Deck.

Edited by user Friday, February 05, 2016 9:36:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Eerie Code for this useful post.
Padraigo  
#19 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2016 9:44:04 AM(UTC)
Padraigo

Things have been so slow in the Yugioh world lately. The only thing exciting is the Anime. But it does sound like next few months will be pretty big.
UserPostedImage
Eerie Code  
#20 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2016 9:57:43 AM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

Things have been so slow in the Yugioh world lately. The only thing exciting is the Anime. But it does sound like next few months will be pretty big.
Right now the only certain thing to look forward to is VJump in two weeks (and I really hope they don't do the same thing they did in January!). The next episode of the anime is certainly promising, but I really hope they won't pull some tricks.