YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cagethelonewolf  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2017 1:32:05 AM(UTC)
cagethelonewolf

i love yugioh and a yugioh game online is awsome and its free the only bad part is every one is a cheep guy its so dumb all the players on there looked up there decks online and there the most op spawn 5 10 star monster on the filed at once and even if your build is just basically to mess the hole thing up so they give up it never works they all ways seem to have the cards that stop ur stuff from happening is there no just duelist kingdom all the new cards are just combo this and that and i dont like it or well i havent learned how they work becuase i refuse its all gibrish of stuff id have to look up to learn i dont even have that high rank and im being shoved with the high lv unfair setup last time i check yu gi oh show i didnt see kiba peguse bad guy sn4 sn 5 combined togther and slaping 5 monster at once on the filed by useing 70 cards like what you going to do now yugi you can only summon 1 monster at a time a good way to counter this is just pull down the cards amount you can have all not unfair decks has to do is sruive unil they waste all there cards and they lose but they wont work becuase most decks grab cards from graveyard so they never ever run out a cards in there hand so they wont lose
(my awsome plan to stop them was just use marshmallow becuase he cant die some revives so if they have the unfair no dont like that cards effect and guess what it dosnt say it but i also sends it to the graveyard becuase i wanna win by being unfair then use morphing jar anytime hes filped over it throws all cards on the feild in the graveyard and flips tru the deck till it finds ones lv 4 or lower so thats the best you think all there cards are over that lv or so you think anytime you pull it of it seems they just had a few of them for no reason at all and they all seemed to be at the top of the deck all cards in the deck that get fliped and was the one needed gets toss in the graveyard but becuase they can just grab anything from the grave yard so emptying there deck dose nothing you not able to summon any card to save you or protect you becuase the have the abiltys that just shut everything down def down magic clender down everything whats the point of haveing ranked if you can just pick the cards you want theres no skill in it op deck vs op deck whats the point you know excactil whats going to happen theres no slip ups theres no oh no i didnt see that theres no come backs just trying to do your op deck first so its just a game of use this move so you cant do that thing in ur deck even tho ur still going to be able to use it its like have the 2 world best chess players go at it they know everthing so theres no slip up they cant lose because theu know all the rules it gose down to who went first there :wall did you have fun reading that truth bomb but just rambleing

Edited by moderator Friday, January 06, 2017 10:36:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

andre060  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2017 3:42:17 AM(UTC)
andre060

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cagethelonewolf Go to Quoted Post
i love yugioh and a yugioh game online is awsome and its free the only bad part is every one is a cheep guy its so dumb all the players on there looked up there decks online and there the most op spawn 5 10 star monster on the filed at once and even if your build is just basically to mess the hole thing up so they give up it never works they all ways seem to have the cards that stop ur stuff from happening is there no just duelist kingdom all the new cards are just combo this and that and i dont like it or well i havent learned how they work becuase i refuse its all gibrish of stuff id have to look up to learn i dont even have that high rank and im being shoved with the high lv unfair setup last time i check yu gi oh show i didnt see kiba peguse bad guy sn4 sn 5 combined togther and slaping 5 monster at once on the filed by useing 70 cards like what you going to do now yugi you can only summon 1 monster at a time a good way to counter this is just pull down the cards amount you can have all not unfair decks has to do is sruive unil they waste all there cards and they lose but they wont work becuase most decks grab cards from graveyard so they never ever run out a cards in there hand so they wont lose
(my awsome plan to stop them was just use marshmallow becuase he cant die some revives so if they have the unfair no dont like that cards effect and guess what it dosnt say it but i also sends it to the graveyard becuase i wanna win by being unfair then use morphing jar anytime hes filped over it throws all cards on the feild in the graveyard and flips tru the deck till it finds ones lv 4 or lower so thats the best you think all there cards are over that lv or so you think anytime you pull it of it seems they just had a few of them for no reason at all and they all seemed to be at the top of the deck all cards in the deck that get fliped and was the one needed gets toss in the graveyard but becuase they can just grab anything from the grave yard so emptying there deck dose nothing you not able to summon any card to save you or protect you becuase the have the abiltys that just shut everything down def down magic clender down everything whats the point of haveing ranked if you can just pick the cards you want theres no skill in it op deck vs op deck whats the point you know excactil whats going to happen theres no slip ups theres no oh no i didnt see that theres no come backs just trying to do your op deck first so its just a game of use this move so you cant do that thing in ur deck even tho ur still going to be able to use it its like have the 2 world best chess players go at it they know everthing so theres no slip up they cant lose because theu know all the rules it gose down to who went first there :wall did you have fun reading that truth bomb but just rambleing

can you resume?

Edited by moderator Friday, January 06, 2017 10:36:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

poi
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked andre060 for this useful post.
Vesperas  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:25:06 PM(UTC)
Vesperas

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Top 10 Copypasta decks in ranked:

Eidolon
Winter Wings
Infernoids
Lawnmowing/Left-Arm variations
ABC
Frog
Pure Metalfoes
60x Synchro Turbo
Trains Shaddolls
Burn

Straight off the top of my head, in that order. Still destroyed all with Nerfed/Limitation decks.
Top 50, 1713 - Legit - TCG
Top 20, 1804 - Full Power Nekroz (Djinn) - TCG
Sun4Ever2  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 6:37:01 PM(UTC)
Sun4Ever2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Vesperas Go to Quoted Post
Top 10 Copypasta decks in ranked:

Eidolon
Winter Wings
Infernoids
Lawnmowing/Left-Arm variations
ABC
Frog
Pure Metalfoes
60x Synchro Turbo
Trains Shaddolls
Burn

Straight off the top of my head, in that order. Still destroyed all with Nerfed/Limitation decks.

u also forget to mention Hero Frogs in that list :P

testeure  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 4:57:49 AM(UTC)
testeure

tl;dr version:

You don't duel in yugioh anymore, you just watch your opponent summon 5 monster with 3000+ atk and half of them can negate spell traps and monster effect, all of that in 1 turn. You don't get to do anything. It's basically a coin toss.
hexanort  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 6:27:02 AM(UTC)
hexanort

Indonesia

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Originally Posted by: testeure Go to Quoted Post
tl;dr version:

You don't duel in yugioh anymore, you just watch your opponent summon 5 monster with 3000+ atk and half of them can negate spell traps and monster effect, all of that in 1 turn. You don't get to do anything. It's basically a coin toss.

Did we ever have a format when that's the not the case though? i've just played competitively around 8-9 years so please tell me if the older meta are not that because as far as i've seen from the format i've gone through : Disaster Dragon, Plant Synchro, Dark Worlds, Wind-Up Loop,Inzektor,Spellbook, Laval Quasar, Dragon Rulers, Shaddolls, PePe, Nekroz, Kozmo, Monarch, And now Zoodiac its always the same, coin toss decide most of the things
testeure  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 6:57:17 AM(UTC)
testeure

Originally Posted by: hexanort Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: testeure Go to Quoted Post
tl;dr version:

Did we ever have a format when that's the not the case though? i've just played competitively around 8-9 years so please tell me if the older meta are not that because as far as i've seen from the format i've gone through : Disaster Dragon, Plant Synchro, Dark Worlds, Wind-Up Loop,Inzektor,Spellbook, Laval Quasar, Dragon Rulers, Shaddolls, PePe, Nekroz, Kozmo, Monarch, And now Zoodiac its always the same, coin toss decide most of the things

He also talked about the original anime so he probably played pre-synchro era
AkiyoSSJ  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 10:07:32 AM(UTC)
AkiyoSSJ

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 34 post(s)
He means the old school type duel (DM and a bit of GX) where you used to work a lot to bring 4-5 monsters on the field and most of the duels were 15 minutes or more.
Both players had more advantages, a level 4 normal monster with like 1900 atk could've saved you at that time but now you need luck in every duel at some specific cards,combo even since the first turn if you want to do something and avoid OTK or being overwhelmed pretty early.
The new Android-iOS game Yugioh Duel Links is a good example of how the duels were before this meta mess.
Personally I would play anytime this game and its way to duel instead of this nowadays horrible and fun breaking competitive.

Edited by user Sunday, January 22, 2017 10:08:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

hexanort  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 1:37:54 PM(UTC)
hexanort

Indonesia

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AkiyoSSJ Go to Quoted Post
He means the old school type duel (DM and a bit of GX) where you used to work a lot to bring 4-5 monsters on the field and most of the duels were 15 minutes or more.
Both players had more advantages, a level 4 normal monster with like 1900 atk could've saved you at that time but now you need luck in every duel at some specific cards,combo even since the first turn if you want to do something and avoid OTK or being overwhelmed pretty early.
The new Android-iOS game Yugioh Duel Links is a good example of how the duels were before this meta mess.
Personally I would play anytime this game and its way to duel instead of this nowadays horrible and fun breaking competitive.

I dont think you're looking it from the right perspective, 1900 atk normal monster may looks fair by today's standard but years ago i'm pretty sure its just as powerful as today's rank 4

i just looked at past 2003-2004 world championship (pre synchro) and unsurprisingly, most of them are pretty much the same deck, just like today's meta, the competitive duel are always the same, also they have access too things like deliquent duo, forceful sentry, snatch steal...i dont think it the duel would last any longer than today's duel

also that's the first world championship ever, so if it doesnt count as old school i dont know what is

Edited by user Sunday, January 22, 2017 1:39:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AkiyoSSJ  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 7:32:13 PM(UTC)
AkiyoSSJ

Originally Posted by: hexanort Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AkiyoSSJ Go to Quoted Post

I dont think you're looking it from the right perspective, 1900 atk normal monster may looks fair by today's standard but years ago i'm pretty sure its just as powerful as today's rank 4

i just looked at past 2003-2004 world championship (pre synchro) and unsurprisingly, most of them are pretty much the same deck, just like today's meta, the competitive duel are always the same, also they have access too things like deliquent duo, forceful sentry, snatch steal...i dont think it the duel would last any longer than today's duel

also that's the first world championship ever, so if it doesnt count as old school i dont know what is

I'm not talking about the World Championship part of the competitive play, mostly the way it appears nowadays.
To be more specific, people who hates the meta/competitive style are mostly people who likes the "old school" type of duel that can be seen in the animes, not only the first DM anime.
Yes, well said is the old school from the anime, not from our real trading card game, this is what I mean by both players having advantage like you see in the anime their "epic" way to duel, most of the duels being longer than 10 minutes with lot of counter moves.
Also, I don't think that an 1900 atk normal monster is fair today, can be destroyed pretty easily by effects, even by the effects of monsters with lower atk and lower level.
I remember that a level 4 1900 atk normal monster was able to defend you for real in the past because of the attack, I won't say it was powerful but now with a lot of special summons of the monsters with destroy type effects in one turn it became nothing.

Edited by user Sunday, January 22, 2017 7:33:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Padraigo  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 1:47:30 AM(UTC)
Padraigo

Was thanked: 212 time(s) in 162 post(s)
The majority of the playerbase would disagree with you.

You could argue that the "good ol days" were better until the cows come home, but you aren't going to convince anyone, and neither could you do anything about it.

Adapt and learn to play. Simple as that. or just don't play at all.
UserPostedImage
agustinmegadeath96  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 2:17:02 AM(UTC)
agustinmegadeath96

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Padraigo Go to Quoted Post

You could argue that the "good ol days" were better until the cows come home, but you aren't going to convince anyone, and neither could you do anything about it.

RT
AkiyoSSJ  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 7:26:38 AM(UTC)
AkiyoSSJ

Originally Posted by: Padraigo Go to Quoted Post

I hope you know what means an opinion, I don't want to convince anyone, I just explained what Cagethelonewolf wanted to say.
Also, what I said doesn't mean that I don't play the game anymore, there is LAN mode where I can play with my friends in our own way.
Here people should understand that the YGO community is split in 2 parts and no one is forced to adapt at the mainstream part.

Edited by user Monday, January 23, 2017 7:30:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Emiliavance  
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2017 1:14:57 PM(UTC)
Emiliavance

Indonesia

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 103 post(s)
I love it when they resist make an account just to complain.

Also, as someone who never C+P online Decks to use in ygopro, I'm offended.
Link is the new Synchro, because it changes the definition of "Classic" in Yu-Gi-Oh!
Rendy04  
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2017 2:15:10 PM(UTC)
Rendy04

Indonesia

This kind of game evolution is the reason why I always host old school duel everytime I go online mode since back in the old days, I can't have a chance to play Duel Monster card game with real rules since little me back then didn't have decent understanding of Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG rules. Only in few months ago I've finally gotten to understand the basics. I know that Konami have to create new cards so that we will still have a reason to keep buying Duel Monster cards specifically to improve our deck even further. I looked some HERO decks from the internet and when I saw even ONE XYZ monster, I was beginning to think that this isn't how a HERO decks built and played like and if I use that similar kind of deck, I will not feel the FUN after I have won with that deck.

If you want to avoid those kind of special summon spammers, just do what I'm always doing. I assure you there are still some people who still interested in old school duels despite current meta.

Even with restriction for new mechanics, you would still have to worry about troll decks though.

Edited by user Thursday, February 09, 2017 2:19:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified