YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
37 Pages«<353637
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Forcy  
#721 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 1:36:21 PM(UTC)
Forcy

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 10/7/2014(UTC)
Posts: 8


I understand the difficulties of developing the IA, but we are talking about too many past months. And this silence that at first was justifiable, is now only very rude!
Dueler312  
#722 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 1:40:08 PM(UTC)
Dueler312

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 79
United States

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
LEts try to cool it here. It'll get done when it gets done! JUst wait for right now. Remember, there are a lot of changes that need to be done.
Silyon  
#723 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 1:40:08 PM(UTC)
Silyon

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 10/28/2016(UTC)
Posts: 6

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was going to steer clear of this thread, but this comment in particular triggers me.

Originally Posted by: barfour Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, people are mad in reddit.

You better finish it faster, because actually, there are no excuse for your delaying anymore, it's been 8 months.


"Better finish it faster" sounds an awful lot like a threat to me. First, what are you going to do? Yell at them? They've been dealing with that for weeks if not months, just look at the length of this thread and multiply that by support-center spam and private Emails. Second, how sad is it that you're mad enough to threaten anyone over a game, especially when other options exist if the devs of this one are too slow for you. Answer, very.

Links launched at the start of the year, along with major changes to the game as a whole in case you all arn't aware or have forgotten. That means alot of changes to underlying code, and alot of testing and bugfixing, and a complete overhaul of AI scripting, especially in the case of decks like Burning Abyss that spammed the Extra deck. While they're at that, possibly updating those decks to be more useable for the Link formats, which any experienced player can tell you takes alot of time playtesting as well.

Links have been out for 8 months. New sets release every 6 months or so. One set with Link monsters and Link archetypes has been released. This means that links are still in their infancy. There simply aren't that many, if any, link monsters that are at all good yet, except for archetype bosses. We're not missing much yet. Furthermore, you know they're not just sitting on their thumbs because new cards are still being released and updated as soon as they're announced, so long as they're not Link monsters and don't specifically reference them.

If three or four sets come and go without the major update launching, complete or not, then I'll start getting irked along with everyone else. Until then, though, we're not missing much. Links, so far, exist only to make the same old decks work with the new extra-deck summoning rules, and to showcase new archetypes. Said archetypes can still work here, or you can try them out on other platforms. Just chill and learn what patience is.
thanks 1 user thanked Silyon for this useful post.
barfour  
#724 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 2:13:47 PM(UTC)
barfour

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/23/2014(UTC)
Posts: 142

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Silyon Go to Quoted Post
I was going to steer clear of this thread, but this comment in particular triggers me.

Originally Posted by: barfour Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, people are mad in reddit.

You better finish it faster, because actually, there are no excuse for your delaying anymore, it's been 8 months.


"Better finish it faster" sounds an awful lot like a threat to me. First, what are you going to do? Yell at them? They've been dealing with that for weeks if not months, just look at the length of this thread and multiply that by support-center spam and private Emails. Second, how sad is it that you're mad enough to threaten anyone over a game, especially when other options exist if the devs of this one are too slow for you. Answer, very.

Links launched at the start of the year, along with major changes to the game as a whole in case you all arn't aware or have forgotten. That means alot of changes to underlying code, and alot of testing and bugfixing, and a complete overhaul of AI scripting, especially in the case of decks like Burning Abyss that spammed the Extra deck. While they're at that, possibly updating those decks to be more useable for the Link formats, which any experienced player can tell you takes alot of time playtesting as well.

Links have been out for 8 months. New sets release every 6 months or so. One set with Link monsters and Link archetypes has been released. This means that links are still in their infancy. There simply aren't that many, if any, link monsters that are at all good yet, except for archetype bosses. We're not missing much yet. Furthermore, you know they're not just sitting on their thumbs because new cards are still being released and updated as soon as they're announced, so long as they're not Link monsters and don't specifically reference them.

If three or four sets come and go without the major update launching, complete or not, then I'll start getting irked along with everyone else. Until then, though, we're not missing much. Links, so far, exist only to make the same old decks work with the new extra-deck summoning rules, and to showcase new archetypes. Said archetypes can still work here, or you can try them out on other platforms. Just chill and learn what patience is.


Listen, buddy, I don't need to talk with you, thinking about that alone makes me about to throw up, just look at rubbish and nonsense you just wrote, I don't even think I want to.

But you just noted something very funny, so I might say something, in case you don't know, there are like 5/6 sets/packs got released from VRAINS era.

Edited by user Friday, October 06, 2017 2:14:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybercatman  
#725 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 2:27:27 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 806

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 261 time(s) in 183 post(s)
Originally Posted by: barfour Go to Quoted Post
How you don't care with reddit?

They are like the biggest linked piece of players of YGOPRO there or something like that.

However, I'm gonna say that I stopped waiting for links for 2 months, and many people did that.

What I'm gonna say is that the biggest reason why people are mad at you is that you're like...I don't know, mocking users for no reason.

Seriously, you don't treat users any better here, any user comes and say hey what's up with links or something, the scripters mock him like he is nothing but piece of garbage, but the poor guy accepts that treating because he really likes your project but instead of treating him well and everything, you just treat him like nothing but garbage that doesn't matter if he left YGOPRO Percy, that's not how you make peace between players, you make peace by being nice and helpful to players, most of people are just mad because of this.


Im not mocking, Im just tired to keep repeating the same things again and again, and having people saying "you are doing nothing" when they obviously have NO info about what we are doing, or the current state of the update and similar things, they are just seeing "no update => they are doing nothing => they are lazy"

Do you really think that I like being there to answer anybody that come here just to says "hey where is the update??? release it NOW!!!!"?

Respect go both way

I don't mind answering question, if it was not answered again and again
for exemple, if someone ask me "Will skill be implemented", I would answer "I'm working on it but I have a problem with dealing with manual activating skills"

But why would I bother giving an respectful answer to someone that don't respect our work/bother doing a minimum of search himself? Im not speaking of looking at the whole topic, but when you have question with the answer just above...

Originally Posted by: barfour Go to Quoted Post

But you just noted something very funny, so I might say something, in case you don't know, there are like 5/6 sets/packs got released from VRAINS era

it is Funny, You are speaking of 5/6 set of card not released.... I think you need to check a bit more because, except the link/link related cards, ALL the cards are released, that mean the majority of the cards are there
and not being released don't mean that the scripts are not ready...


Originally Posted by: Forcy Go to Quoted Post

I understand the difficulties of developing the IA, but we are talking about too many past months. And this silence that at first was justifiable, is now only very rude!


Rude?
If we had info we would have given them, like we said and REPEATED
it is the fact that we keep repeating the same things again and again that bother us, when people ask the same thing again and again, without even bothering checking if the answer was given already...
thanks 1 user thanked cybercatman for this useful post.
Eerie Code  
#726 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 3:45:09 PM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/29/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,706
Italy

Thanks: 101 times
Was thanked: 637 time(s) in 433 post(s)
Originally Posted by: barfour Go to Quoted Post
Seriously, you don't treat users any better here, any user comes and say hey what's up with links or something, the scripters mock him like he is nothing but piece of garbage, but the poor guy accepts that treating because he really likes your project but instead of treating him well and everything, you just treat him like nothing but garbage that doesn't matter if he left YGOPRO Percy, that's not how you make peace between players, you make peace by being nice and helpful to players, most of people are just mad because of this.
The issue we have with that isn't the fact that they ask about Links: it's the fact that they ask questions that have already been answered multiple times. We've had that question asked and answered so many times in this thread that you can find the relevant answer in any page: they aren't ready yet, we don't give an ETA for when they'll be released. Any user who asks that question could find the answer in five seconds if they put the slightest amount of effort into it (and by that, I mean read the previous posts before writing), and yet they still ask. What makes us angry isn't the question itself, but the absolute lack of effort in looking for an answer beforehand: which is especially galling, since one of the main rules of this forum is "before posting about an issue, look to see if it has already been addressed"!
Also, "you just treat him like nothing but garbage that doesn't matter if he left YGOPRO Percy"? Aren't you generalizing a little? The only ones who got something even vaguely resembling that treatment are those who went into this already with a bad attitude, throwing tantrums about the lack of updates or questioning our competence. In which case, I think you can agree that is not the right way to behave on this forum!
barfour  
#727 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 4:24:43 PM(UTC)
barfour

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/23/2014(UTC)
Posts: 142

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Okay, I understand that you're working too hard for links and you got tired from answering people's links questions.

But seriously, you could fix that problem easily, I mean just talk with the developer of this forum and tell him to put a small pop-up message(Like Cookies's pop-up message) telling the user all the important information he needs to know about links, that's way you don't need to answer every user's basic question about links anymore.
Tharm  
#728 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 4:30:21 PM(UTC)
Tharm

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 10/12/2015(UTC)
Posts: 23

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You know what? 8 Months down the line and Links still aren't here, we're all tired of waiting, but more than that, I think the devs are tired of the abuse they get for all the effort they put in making something for us all for free. If I were them (Which I'm not), I'd honestly be considering just dropping the project to get away from all the abuse.

You should all be careful how you act, shouting at people doing something kind is the quickest way to stop them from doing it. You have 2 choices:
1) Accept that it's going to take some more time and stop the shouting and verbal abuse.
2) Keep shouting abuse at the devs and accept that you're legitimately making it take longer, and potentially making them want to stop the project.

As note for clarity, I'm not saying they're stopping, I'm not saying they've said they'll stop, I'm just saying that demanding it be done sooner either distracts them from getting it done sooner, or gets completely ignored because they're making sure it gets done sooner. You're not clever for doing it, you're not helping, you're just causing issues for everyone along with potential delays.
cybercatman  
#729 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 4:44:54 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 806

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 261 time(s) in 183 post(s)
Originally Posted by: barfour Go to Quoted Post
Okay, I understand that you're working too hard for links and you got tired from answering people's links questions.

But seriously, you could fix that problem easily, I mean just talk with the developer of this forum and tell him to put a small pop-up message(Like Cookies's pop-up message) telling the user all the important information he needs to know about links, that's way you don't need to answer every user's basic question about links anymore.


You know what? It was done on the discord, we still got flood of « where is Link » and similar
It is the user that don’t want to bother with searching even if the answer is under his nose
We got several posts with « post1 > post1 answer > post 2 that is EXACTLY the same as post1 »
And when I says that , it is not with a delay of a day or more or that they are in different pages
But within the same hour on the same page
Steeldarkeagel  
#730 Posted : Saturday, October 07, 2017 9:40:14 AM(UTC)
Steeldarkeagel

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 7,878

Thanks: 72 times
Was thanked: 1624 time(s) in 1253 post(s)
YGOPRO Percy Announcement

There is no ETA for YgoPro Percy Links.

We are trying our utmost to get this update out and working asap. But unfortunately we do not have full time employees which means we have to make our personal lives a priority so we still have a roof over our heads and food in our bellys. Trust me if I could switch to full time YgoPro and still have money to live I would jump at the chance, but this is not a reality.

We appreciate the people waiting patiently, those that understand it is not just a simple change the field and put in the link cards. There have been many many changes that need to be working first.

To those that are being rude or abusing others, this is not tolerated if I see more of this I will take action against those people. We are a community here and on Discord try and be nice to each other.

Thank you for you patience.

(Feel free to link to this post on the forums or in Discord when people ask)
thanks 11 users thanked Steeldarkeagel for this useful post.
barfour  
#731 Posted : Saturday, October 07, 2017 10:07:56 AM(UTC)
barfour

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/23/2014(UTC)
Posts: 142

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: barfour Go to Quoted Post
Okay, I understand that you're working too hard for links and you got tired from answering people's links questions.

But seriously, you could fix that problem easily, I mean just talk with the developer of this forum and tell him to put a small pop-up message(Like Cookies's pop-up message) telling the user all the important information he needs to know about links, that's way you don't need to answer every user's basic question about links anymore.


You know what? It was done on the discord, we still got flood of « where is Link » and similar
It is the user that don’t want to bother with searching even if the answer is under his nose
We got several posts with « post1 > post1 answer > post 2 that is EXACTLY the same as post1 »
And when I says that , it is not with a delay of a day or more or that they are in different pages
But within the same hour on the same page


If you did all this and no one listened, then I guess I was wrong, like you said, the problem in users, they don't even try to check some pages, seriously, if you made something like that in discord and failed then that means no hope for these users at all.

My faith in humanity is getting reduced lol.

However, good luck.

Oh before this, can you tell me why you don't put some ads here to gain money?

You know...short links to gain money...and I know, you will say "But this project is free, we don't want to use users for our personal uses" but think about it, these are just ads and links, they won't be anything bad to users, getting money means that will motivate you to continue working and getting rewards for your hard work and everyone is happy.
savantelite  
#732 Posted : Saturday, October 07, 2017 6:19:50 PM(UTC)
savantelite

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 7/26/2014(UTC)
Posts: 3

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Steeldarkeagel Go to Quoted Post
YGOPRO Percy Announcement

There is no ETA for YgoPro Percy Links.

We are trying our utmost to get this update out and working asap. But unfortunately we do not have full time employees which means we have to make our personal lives a priority so we still have a roof over our heads and food in our bellys. Trust me if I could switch to full time YgoPro and still have money to live I would jump at the chance, but this is not a reality.

We appreciate the people waiting patiently, those that understand it is not just a simple change the field and put in the link cards. There have been many many changes that need to be working first.

To those that are being rude or abusing others, this is not tolerated if I see more of this I will take action against those people. We are a community here and on Discord try and be nice to each other.

Thank you for you patience.

(Feel free to link to this post on the forums or in Discord when people ask)


Your version is why I got back into yugioh. Thank you so much for bringing yugioh to each platform. As a non-windows user, I have spent countless hours on the linux version and had many freinds start on your iphone/ipad version. I can understand how large of venture that is.

Thanks again for all of your work.
thanks 1 user thanked savantelite for this useful post.
nightly_dragon  
#733 Posted : Sunday, October 08, 2017 12:12:10 AM(UTC)
nightly_dragon

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 2/4/2016(UTC)
Posts: 3

Originally Posted by: barfour Go to Quoted Post


If you did all this and no one listened, then I guess I was wrong, like you said, the problem in users, they don't even try to check some pages, seriously, if you made something like that in discord and failed then that means no hope for these users at all.

My faith in humanity is getting reduced lol.

However, good luck.

Oh before this, can you tell me why you don't put some ads here to gain money?

You know...short links to gain money...and I know, you will say "But this project is free, we don't want to use users for our personal uses" but think about it, these are just ads and links, they won't be anything bad to users, getting money means that will motivate you to continue working and getting rewards for your hard work and everyone is happy.


They couldn't do that. It would be considered monetizing an IP, or intellectual property, which is exactly what got Dueling Network taken down. Doesn't matter what the reason is.

In more simpler terms, it would be considered stealing, since the platform is still yugioh and not their property. Its not as simple as just putting ads here. Plus, there are malicious ads out there, and having to deal with that is no bueno.

Donate to the programmers or devs if you really truly care for this.

As users, we should be donating instead. If every user could find a couple of dollars every month to donate to the devs(it doesn't even have to be $5, it could be $4 or even $3)it would add up and defray some costs. If not some then more then what they are probably receiving now, which is most likely nothing.

Edited by user Sunday, October 08, 2017 12:18:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sylpheez  
#734 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 1:14:13 AM(UTC)
Sylpheez

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 10/16/2017(UTC)
Posts: 1

So I'm not asking for ETA but are you guys still working on android/iOS version? I don't have the time to use PC so just wanted to make sure.
Ulyzes  
#735 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 1:25:49 AM(UTC)
Ulyzes

Rank: Member

Joined: 12/13/2013(UTC)
Posts: 12

Thanks: 3 times
Originally Posted by: nightly_dragon Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: barfour Go to Quoted Post


If you did all this and no one listened, then I guess I was wrong, like you said, the problem in users, they don't even try to check some pages, seriously, if you made something like that in discord and failed then that means no hope for these users at all.

My faith in humanity is getting reduced lol.

However, good luck.

Oh before this, can you tell me why you don't put some ads here to gain money?

You know...short links to gain money...and I know, you will say "But this project is free, we don't want to use users for our personal uses" but think about it, these are just ads and links, they won't be anything bad to users, getting money means that will motivate you to continue working and getting rewards for your hard work and everyone is happy.


They couldn't do that. It would be considered monetizing an IP, or intellectual property, which is exactly what got Dueling Network taken down. Doesn't matter what the reason is.

In more simpler terms, it would be considered stealing, since the platform is still yugioh and not their property. Its not as simple as just putting ads here. Plus, there are malicious ads out there, and having to deal with that is no bueno.

Donate to the programmers or devs if you really truly care for this.

As users, we should be donating instead. If every user could find a couple of dollars every month to donate to the devs(it doesn't even have to be $5, it could be $4 or even $3)it would add up and defray some costs. If not some then more then what they are probably receiving now, which is most likely nothing.



Im whit this guy, if all of the users donate 1 dollar per mont, the developers can have a little more of time to work at the updates

SuViSaK  
#736 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:02:47 AM(UTC)
SuViSaK

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 6/8/2017(UTC)
Posts: 3

Originally Posted by: Ulyzes Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nightly_dragon Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: barfour Go to Quoted Post


If you did all this and no one listened, then I guess I was wrong, like you said, the problem in users, they don't even try to check some pages, seriously, if you made something like that in discord and failed then that means no hope for these users at all.

My faith in humanity is getting reduced lol.

However, good luck.

Oh before this, can you tell me why you don't put some ads here to gain money?

You know...short links to gain money...and I know, you will say "But this project is free, we don't want to use users for our personal uses" but think about it, these are just ads and links, they won't be anything bad to users, getting money means that will motivate you to continue working and getting rewards for your hard work and everyone is happy.


They couldn't do that. It would be considered monetizing an IP, or intellectual property, which is exactly what got Dueling Network taken down. Doesn't matter what the reason is.

In more simpler terms, it would be considered stealing, since the platform is still yugioh and not their property. Its not as simple as just putting ads here. Plus, there are malicious ads out there, and having to deal with that is no bueno.

Donate to the programmers or devs if you really truly care for this.

As users, we should be donating instead. If every user could find a couple of dollars every month to donate to the devs(it doesn't even have to be $5, it could be $4 or even $3)it would add up and defray some costs. If not some then more then what they are probably receiving now, which is most likely nothing.



Im whit this guy, if all of the users donate 1 dollar per mont, the developers can have a little more of time to work at the updates



where can I donate? Ill donate.
Users browsing this topic
37 Pages«<353637
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error