YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Laxusrichy  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 2:57:43 PM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hello community that takes care of maintaining and updating YgoPro. Probably you already know of the new type of invocation that is to come, the "Link Summon", you certainly intend to implement this in YgoPro. However, the rules will change abruptly in the card game, and it will no longer be possible to summon monsters from the extra deck in normal monster zone unless you have a monster Link in the extra monster zone. And that part I thought very bad in the change of rules, because many decks will be harmed because of this, but unfortunately this will be in the future of the meta game. However, I would like you to implement the option of "playing with old rules" for those who want to have fun playing in the traditional card game. Using the Links monsters of course, but being able to summon extra monsters also in the normal monster zone and also to have pendulum zones in the usual places. What do you intend to do about it? I would like to have this clarified doubt.

(Note: I am Brazilian, if there is anything wrong with my English, it is the translator's fault)

(Note2: I'm posting again this here because I do not know if I made this post in the right place before, and I need to make sure someone of update and maintenance from the Ygopro see this post).

Edited by user Friday, February 17, 2017 4:22:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

derply  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 4:32:34 PM(UTC)
derply

if they do this at all, they should be a ruleset for everything, not just for this

otherwise its just stupid, i want to play without extra deck so what, nobody implemnts that ruleset
Emiliavance  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 4:43:14 PM(UTC)
Emiliavance

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 103 post(s)
Originally Posted by: derply Go to Quoted Post
if they do this at all, they should be a ruleset for everything, not just for this

otherwise its just stupid, i want to play without extra deck so what, nobody implemnts that ruleset

I both agree and disagree with you.

Agreed point:
If they'd apply rulesets as requested by the OP, then they should apply other rulesets too. However, in that case, only implement rules that actually had once been applied into the game (e.g. "First Turn Draw", "Field Replacement Destruction"), since they're official, just no longer applied.

Disagreed point:
Extra Deck has always been a part of the game (then the "Fusion Deck", during Pre-Synchro era). OP requested a Pre-Link mode is understandable since the ruleset was once official. Playset without Extra Deck was never official, so it's not comparable to OP's request.

Also, I'm talking from a neutral point of view. I want YGOPRO to follow the most recent change to the card game rules (in particular, the OCG should be prioritized), but I'm just saying that what you said regarding the ruleset you wanted to be implemented was a different matter than OP's request.

Edited by user Friday, February 17, 2017 5:04:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Link is the new Synchro, because it changes the definition of "Classic" in Yu-Gi-Oh!
thanks 1 user thanked Emiliavance for this useful post.
Laxusrichy  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 5:33:00 PM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Originally Posted by: derply Go to Quoted Post

What happens is that not everyone wants to play without extra deck (in fact the overwhelming majority plays with full extra deck). So I think there will still be people who will prefer playing with today's rules, but at the same time they want to use the link monsters, because in my opinion they are really cool. But what I am suggesting is that if an update comes, the maintenance and update staff of Ygopro will make available the option to choose the way you want to play the card game. Because there are several ways that people choose to have fun with the card game. For example, when I and a friend of mine want to just have fun with the original cards from the Crow deck vs. the deck only from Jack's original cards, we can not, as we have to have a monster link on their extra deck, but Jack and Crow do not has. (This is just an example).
thanks 1 user thanked Laxusrichy for this useful post.
Steeldarkeagel  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 5:35:56 PM(UTC)
Steeldarkeagel

Was thanked: 1609 time(s) in 1249 post(s)
We will be discussing it and taking all feedback on board.
thanks 3 users thanked Steeldarkeagel for this useful post.
Laxusrichy  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 5:35:59 PM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Originally Posted by: Emiliavance Go to Quoted Post

Agreed point:
If they'd apply rulesets as requested by the OP, then they should apply other rulesets too. However, in that case, only implement rules that actually had once been applied into the game (e.g. "First Turn Draw", "Field Replacement Destruction"), since they're official, just no longer applied.

That's what I'm talking about, having an option for people who want to duel differently.
Laxusrichy  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 5:39:59 PM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Originally Posted by: Steeldarkeagel Go to Quoted Post
We will be discussing it and taking all feedback on board.

Many thanks for the attention, I loved the new link monsters, I really want to duel with them, but I still want to continue with the current rules:)
ooiu  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 6:35:34 PM(UTC)
ooiu

If you do happen to make a separate mode for before and after the new ruleset, is there any possibility for the old one to still include the Extra Deck zone, so you can make use of link monsters and their effects still, as if you just added link monsters alot of the effects involving link monsters wouldn't be usable, for instance with Decoder Talker since both of it's links link to zones below it, it would never be able to link to a monster.

Another suggestion is to have the link monsters just link with monsters adjacent to them when playing with the old rules, though I'd imagine that'd be really hard, if not impossible, to program.

Even if you didn't add either of these things, I'd really like link monsters to be playable with the old rule set, these are just suggestions for how you could make the link mechanic work well if you do.

Edited by user Friday, February 17, 2017 6:36:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Amberm8  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 6:42:24 PM(UTC)
Amberm8

no, that isnt a legacy server at all.

do you think people play goat format with newer cards?
kenpazaraki  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 6:49:50 PM(UTC)
kenpazaraki

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Being able to play both ways would probably be the best case scenario. A lot of decks that are widely popular will become totally unplayable, and without the option to play using the old rules will probably turn a lot of people away from the game.

Also, I'm curious about how long will the new rules require to be implemented. I was already around when Pendulum Summon was introduced, but I don't remember how long it took for Ygopro to implement the new mechanic.

Edited by user Friday, February 17, 2017 6:50:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kenpazaraki for this useful post.
Emiliavance  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 7:20:19 PM(UTC)
Emiliavance

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 103 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kenpazaraki Go to Quoted Post
... Also, I'm curious about how long will the new rules require to be implemented. I was already around when Pendulum Summon was introduced, but I don't remember how long it took for Ygopro to implement the new mechanic.

If I remembered correctly, it doesn't take really long for Pendulums to be implemented back then. (It was the update when Shadoll was only Midrash and Fusion, right? XD)

Although, going by how the new stuff plays (Pointers, Shared "in-between" field, the LINK stat...), I think it would take a whole lot longer for the new rules to be implemented this time.

Edited by user Friday, February 17, 2017 7:21:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Link is the new Synchro, because it changes the definition of "Classic" in Yu-Gi-Oh!
kenpazaraki  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 7:29:40 PM(UTC)
kenpazaraki

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Emiliavance Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kenpazaraki Go to Quoted Post
... Also, I'm curious about how long will the new rules require to be implemented. I was already around when Pendulum Summon was introduced, but I don't remember how long it took for Ygopro to implement the new mechanic.

If I remembered correctly, it doesn't take really long for Pendulums to be implemented back then. (It was the update when Shadoll was only Midrash and Fusion, right? XD)

Although, going by how the new stuff plays (Pointers, Shared "in-between" field, the LINK stat...), I think it would take a whole lot longer for the new rules to be implemented this time.

I agree. The new rules don't seem more difficult to implement than what was needed to add Pendulums, but they changed a lot of them, so I guess it'll take a while.
Laxusrichy  
#13 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 8:42:31 PM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Originally Posted by: ooiu Go to Quoted Post
If you do happen to make a separate mode for before and after the new ruleset, is there any possibility for the old one to still include the Extra Deck zone, so you can make use of link monsters and their effects still, as if you just added link monsters alot of the effects involving link monsters wouldn't be usable, for instance with Decoder Talker since both of it's links link to zones below it, it would never be able to link to a monster.

Another suggestion is to have the link monsters just link with monsters adjacent to them when playing with the old rules, though I'd imagine that'd be really hard, if not impossible, to program.

Even if you didn't add either of these things, I'd really like link monsters to be playable with the old rule set, these are just suggestions for how you could make the link mechanic work well if you do.

It can also be done in the following way with the current rules: To have the extra monster zone available, but only link monsters could be invoked initially, but after a monster link was invoked, players could only summon monsters in areas where " Arrows "would be pointing, and the other player could summon any other monster from the extra deck in the other extra monster zone.
Something of the kind could be implemented in a future update so that we can have fun with the current rules and at the same time use the links monsters.
pag2508  
#14 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 9:39:07 PM(UTC)
pag2508

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Laxusrichy Go to Quoted Post

It can also be done in the following way with the current rules: To have the extra monster zone available, but only link monsters could be invoked initially, but after a monster link was invoked, players could only summon monsters in areas where " Arrows "would be pointing, and the other player could summon any other monster from the extra deck in the other extra monster zone.
Something of the kind could be implemented in a future update so that we can have fun with the current rules and at the same time use the links monsters.

I think it will be best if it is like this you can summon any type of extra deck monster in the main monster zone except link monsters and if you link summon a monster first you have to put it in the extra monster zone and then you can link summon a monster in the main monster zone at which the link markers are pointing also you can summon an extra deck monster in the extra monster zone that way the extra deck isn't restricted and you can use link monster but you arent forced to use them.
Loluthinks  
#15 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 9:58:25 PM(UTC)
Loluthinks

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
well like this, meta decks will stop to exist at least in the way they currently are, any deck will have same oportunities, why?, because now new decks will not be about all of nothing, if you dont have meta you cant win, this big change was the best they could do on this game, now will be about skill, not just card spamming, is the end for kid rats

Edited by user Friday, February 17, 2017 10:08:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Laxusrichy  
#16 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 10:11:11 PM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Originally Posted by: Loluthinks Go to Quoted Post
well like this, meta decks will stop to exist at least in the way they currently are, any deck will have same oportunities, why?, because now new decks will not be about all of nothing, if you dont have meta you cant win, this big change was the best they could do on this game, now will be about skill, not just card spamming, is the end for kid rats

I understand that Konami did this by thinking of nerfing the current meta. This is nescessario, but I want to have the option to have fun with the current rules as well. I'm just trying to suggest this so that the people who update YgoPro when they implement this new mechanic, can also make it available with the old rules for who wants to play with the rules that still exists today.
Loluthinks  
#17 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 10:26:42 PM(UTC)
Loluthinks

Originally Posted by: Loluthinks Go to Quoted Post

I understand that Konami did this by thinking of nerfing the current meta. This is nescessario, but I want to have the option to have fun with the current rules as well. I'm just trying to suggest this so that the people who update YgoPro when they implement this new mechanic, can also make it available with the old rules for who wants to play with the rules that still exists today.

i agree with it, because right now there is still the option to play with the old rules where you could draw on first turn, what i dont agree is with the people who want this not be implemented at all because they dont want to adapt the new era, those people are really loosers, life is about changes, sometimes we dont want them, but we need to accept, is part of all and we cant do anything about it.
thanks 1 user thanked Loluthinks for this useful post.
Deiman  
#18 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2017 11:22:41 PM(UTC)
Deiman

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i just wonder how much game rule changes need to be made for the game to become a completely different thing from what it was adding new mehanics is one thing but completley changing the rules is disturbing for me etlis
Loluthinks  
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 2:15:55 AM(UTC)
Loluthinks

Originally Posted by: Deiman Go to Quoted Post
i just wonder how much game rule changes need to be made for the game to become a completely different thing from what it was adding new mehanics is one thing but completley changing the rules is disturbing for me etlis

its still the same game, only the way of summon changes, thats all
Romkin  
#20 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 2:52:12 AM(UTC)
Romkin

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Don't forget you can place any Extra Deck Monsters in the Initial Extra Deck Monster Zone not just Link.