YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Laxusrichy  
#21 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 4:08:02 AM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Brazil

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Romkin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Laxusrichy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ooiu Go to Quoted Post
If you do happen to make a separate mode for before and after the new ruleset, is there any possibility for the old one to still include the Extra Deck zone, so you can make use of link monsters and their effects still, as if you just added link monsters alot of the effects involving link monsters wouldn't be usable, for instance with Decoder Talker since both of it's links link to zones below it, it would never be able to link to a monster.

Another suggestion is to have the link monsters just link with monsters adjacent to them when playing with the old rules, though I'd imagine that'd be really hard, if not impossible, to program.

Even if you didn't add either of these things, I'd really like link monsters to be playable with the old rule set, these are just suggestions for how you could make the link mechanic work well if you do.

It can also be done in the following way with the current rules: To have the extra monster zone available, but only link monsters could be invoked initially, but after a monster link was invoked, players could only summon monsters in areas where " Arrows "would be pointing, and the other player could summon any other monster from the extra deck in the other extra monster zone.
Something of the kind could be implemented in a future update so that we can have fun with the current rules and at the same time use the links monsters.

Don't forget you can place any Extra Deck Monsters in the Initial Extra Deck Monster Zone not just Link.

So in that case, the extra monster zone at the start for both players could only be invoking link monsters. But since one of the players invoked a monster link in the extra monster zone, the other would gain the right to summon any kind of extra deck monster in the extra monster zone, but as long as at least one extra monster zone is filled by an extra deck monster (Which would usually be a monster link), both players will not be able to summon monsters from the extra deck in the area of normal monsters, with an exception in the areas of monsters that are pointed with the "arrows" of link monsters. I do not know stayed was too confused, but that's the suggestion I have.
:S :S :S

Edited by user Saturday, February 18, 2017 4:16:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Emiliavance  
#22 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:08:48 AM(UTC)
Emiliavance

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 103 post(s)
To clarify, I hope this clears up some confusion:

1. Monster Zone is split to Main Monster Zone (5) and Extra Monster Zone (1)*

2. Extra Deck-only monsters (in this case, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Link)** that are Summoned with their respective methods from the Extra Deck must first be placed into the Extra Monster Zone. If they're moved to other places other than back to the Extra Deck, then they can be placed in the Main Monster Zone. (e.g. A regularly Synchro Summoned monster must first go to the Extra Monster Zone, but a revived Fusion Monster goes to the Main Monster Zone.)

3. When a Link Monster is placed on the field, it opens up ("links") the Extra Monster Zone to a place pointed by its arrow(s), enabling a player to place an Extra Deck monster there. This also include the opponent, so if your opponent's Link monster's arrow points at one of your Main Monster Zone slots, you can Summon an Extra Deck monster to that location.

4. Placing another Link monster to an already established Link enables a player to expand their Extra Monster Zone network. This is more of a tips than anything, but still worth mentioning.

*As long as no card occupies any Extra Monster Zone, it is considered a "No Man's Land", it belongs to neither "your side of the field" nor "your opponent's field" until someone Summoned an Extra Deck monster there. In that case, that player owns the slot where they placed that monster, while the other player instantly owned the 1 free slot. Think of it like "Capture a Flag" situation, but once you captured a flag, your opponent gets the other flag.

**Pendulum Monsters are considered Main Deck Monsters. As far as I'm concerned, Pendulum Summoning from the Extra Deck places the Summoned monster(s) straight to the Main Monster Zone.

Edited by user Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:14:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Link is the new Synchro, because it changes the definition of "Classic" in Yu-Gi-Oh!
thanks 1 user thanked Emiliavance for this useful post.
Laxusrichy  
#23 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:57:36 AM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Brazil

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Emiliavance Go to Quoted Post
To clarify, I hope this clears up some confusion:

1. Monster Zone is split to Main Monster Zone (5) and Extra Monster Zone (1)*

2. Extra Deck-only monsters (in this case, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Link)** that are Summoned with their respective methods from the Extra Deck must first be placed into the Extra Monster Zone. If they're moved to other places other than back to the Extra Deck, then they can be placed in the Main Monster Zone. (e.g. A regularly Synchro Summoned monster must first go to the Extra Monster Zone, but a revived Fusion Monster goes to the Main Monster Zone.)

3. When a Link Monster is placed on the field, it opens up ("links") the Extra Monster Zone to a place pointed by its arrow(s), enabling a player to place an Extra Deck monster there. This also include the opponent, so if your opponent's Link monster's arrow points at one of your Main Monster Zone slots, you can Summon an Extra Deck monster to that location.

4. Placing another Link monster to an already established Link enables a player to expand their Extra Monster Zone network. This is more of a tips than anything, but still worth mentioning.

*As long as no card occupies any Extra Monster Zone, it is considered a "No Man's Land", it belongs to neither "your side of the field" nor "your opponent's field" until someone Summoned an Extra Deck monster there. In that case, that player owns the slot where they placed that monster, while the other player instantly owned the 1 free slot. Think of it like "Capture a Flag" situation, but once you captured a flag, your opponent gets the other flag.

**Pendulum Monsters are considered Main Deck Monsters. As far as I'm concerned, Pendulum Summoning from the Extra Deck places the Summoned monster(s) straight to the Main Monster Zone.

I already understood those rules.
I'm talking about how link monsters will work in the current rules. (Today's)

(Note: if it was not for me the message, disregard)

Steeldarkeagel  
#24 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 8:34:46 AM(UTC)
Steeldarkeagel

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1624 time(s) in 1253 post(s)
To keep the forums tidy, for the time being please use this post for Link Summon chat.

https://www.ygopro.co/Fo...w-Mechanic---LINK-Summon
thanks 1 user thanked Steeldarkeagel for this useful post.