This thread serves as a list of issues with the latest AI script I am aware of. It will also have information, if those issues can be fixed at all, and if they were addressed in an experimental version or something. This includes bugs, error messages and obvious misplays with the official AI decks. Make sure to check the FAQ
Each issue has a status attached to it:
Will not be fixed - The issue will not be fixed anytime soon. Reason might be, that a feature is currently not scriptable or would require updates to the YGOPro core.
Under investigation - The issue is known, but I don't know, how to fix it yet. If this issue happened to you, feel free to provide any information you can to help me.
Will be fixed - I found the issue and know, how to resolve it. It still exists in the current version, but it will most likely be gone in the next one
Fixed in version xy - The issue is fixed in a more recent version of the AI script. The issues described here usually are present in the stable AI version, if a more recent experimental version already fixed it, this status will mention that.
The following issues exist in AI version 0.90 beta, AI script version 0.33 stable. Some of them are fixed in the latest Experimental version
.No Replays in AI Mode
Under investigation.Frequent crashes
There might be a way after all!
Under investigation.Attack logic issues
The AI games tend to crash more frequently lately. First results indicate, that the crashes happen mostly, if you play a couple of duels in a row. Restarting the client inbetween duels prevents crashes most of the time, apparently.
Under investigation.AI cannot be decked out
A couple of issues here, like:
- using monsters with very low ATK to attack into face-down defense position monsters
- ignoring effects of Catastor, Armades and similar monsters
- not attacking with cards first, that cannot attack directly to make use of their attacks first
fixed in v0.33aAI decks & the banlist
The AI does not lose, if it has no cards in the deck. It simply won't draw any more cards instead and keep playing. Will be fixed in the next AI script version
Will be fixed (Shaddoll + Nekroz)
Most AI decks match the February 2015 Adjusted TCG banlist, with a few exceptions:
- Shaddolls and Nekroz: Those decklists need a major overhaul, I will need some more time to do that
- Character decks: Some of these use banned cards, however they won't be changed for nostalgic reasons.
- User-made decks: These decks are not managed by me, so I won't edit them. This includes:
- AI_CTH (if you have it)
Yes, I dislike the edit message enough to include white text here to seperate it a little :P
This section contains minor or very situational bugs and misplays
- positioning logic in general, when to summon monsters, when to set
- Lyla vs Skill Prisoner loop
- BA proper Calcab usage, Fire Lake issues
- Harpie (and other decks) player recognition, chaining Maxx "C" etc against itself
- Re-Qliate wasting
- Maiden with eyes of blue error messages
- Number 18 attempting to destroy face-down cards
Will be fixed:
- cards in AI decks, that are not handled correctly: Dust Tornado
- Moon Mirror Shield interaction
Edited by user
| Reason: Not specified