I think we can all agree that the full effects of the God Cards can be ambiguous or contradictory. Whenever I use the anime God Cards in real life duels with friends, I try to stick as close as possible to the way they were depicted by the author. I'll list some of my thoughts:
1. I might be in the minority by I believe Ra should only be able to use Point-to-Point Transfer and Egyptian God Phoenix when special summoned. In the original manga and anime, Kaiba translates the Hieratic Text on the card, and it had a line that read something like "God shall revive from earth, by offering the ritual of revival and one's own life, one shall be united with God, and all enemies shall repose on earth". Now I would assume any form of special summon would work in this case. Nowadays, most anime Ra's claim Ra can use Point-to-Point and Phoenix mode at any time during the duel. However, this only occured during the Ceremonial Battle and an episode in GX, both of which were not in the manga and were not what the author intended.
2. I believe Instant Attack allowed you to attack all monsters the opponent controls once each if special summoned, AND allowed you to attack directly if able to. Not sure if the game mechanics allow this though. Hopefully, it will, as that was really the best part: to tear down your opponents defensive wall and finish with a final attack!
3. About certain cards affecting Ra. In the anime, Ragnarok was the only card able to destroy it. It appears he also would have been affected by Obelisk's Soul Energy Max ability, and was saved at the last second by a spell card. I think this should be ignored because in the manga, Obelisk's special ability didn't work simply because Ra is highest in the hierarchy among the God's. Another card that apparently would have worked on Ra is Vengeful Bog Spirit. Both Malik and Yami Malik knew that even if Yami Malik special summoned Ra, he wouldn't be able to attack due to Vengeful Bog Spirit. It was only because of Instant Attack that he bypassed it. This leads me to believe that cards like Vengeful Bog Spirit, Swords of Revealing Light, etc WOULD work on a Normal Summoned Ra, but only for 1 turn.
4. I forget about this one but about tributing monsters to increase Ra's ATK, in the anime it was only to increase the ATK. Also, another ability that was only achieved when special summoned.
5. I actually think Obelisk has more confusing abilities. In the anime he had the ability to destroy all monsters your opponent controls, but I forget if that was separate from his ATK and DEF becoming infinite. I know they were technically two different abilities that could be activated at any time during the duel.
6. Again about Instant Attack, the way its described in the anime and wikia (that it cannot be prevented from attacking under any circumstances) implies it would indeed work on the first turn or your opponents turn. Seems like something that cannot be achieved in this game mechanics. http://images3.wikia.noc...-Anime-DM-Hieroglyph.png
I think that looks awesome. Also, you should rename Point-to-Point Transfer to One Turn Kill, and rename Egyptian God Phoenix to God Phoenix. Simply because those were what they were originally called in the Japanese anime and manga. One Turn Kill sounds way better 🙂