YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bull3tM0nk3y  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:26:36 PM(UTC)
Bull3tM0nk3y

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/21/2013(UTC)
Posts: 44

Title. Along with any other version of YGOPro. Just wondering.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Steeldarkeagel  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:29:49 PM(UTC)
Steeldarkeagel

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 5,574
United Kingdom

Thanks: 67 times
Was thanked: 963 time(s) in 776 post(s)
No each game uses different servers and card databases.
Bull3tM0nk3y  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:31:56 PM(UTC)
Bull3tM0nk3y

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/21/2013(UTC)
Posts: 44

Damn! Oh well. Well, there goes with playing azneyes and GlaticGod.
UserPostedImage
Steeldarkeagel  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:32:49 PM(UTC)
Steeldarkeagel

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 5,574
United Kingdom

Thanks: 67 times
Was thanked: 963 time(s) in 776 post(s)
I have no idea who they are but if you want to play with friends just all download the same version or all the version if you really want to. :P
Bull3tM0nk3y  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:08:09 AM(UTC)
Bull3tM0nk3y

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/21/2013(UTC)
Posts: 44

They're Yugioh commentators that play with their fans.

Okay, now:

What's the difference between YGOPRO and DEVPro?
UserPostedImage
laserbeam  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:36:04 AM(UTC)
laserbeam

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/16/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,039

Thanks: 174 times
Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bull3tM0nk3y Go to Quoted Post

Okay, now:

What's the difference between YGOPRO and DEVPro?


I'll answer this. (i am quite biased)

This is what Devpro does not have that YGOpro Percy does have

Fullscreen function
Sounds
Background music
Attenuator
Custom Skins
Field Spell Card Backgrounds
Advanced Card search engine
"Surrender"-Button from the first Turn available
forced Card activation respectively cancel with the left and right mouse button
AI Bots

http://www.ygo-forum.de/...Thread&threadID=3231

YGOpro and Devpro have different cardbases so one might have different cards than the other and vice versa
Devpro has its own launcher while YGOpro pretty much runs the base game.

Devpro has this thing where you can use your real life money to get virtual Devpro money to spend on various things. A majority Ygopro does not have/Can do for free

Devpro also has merchandise so you can spend your money on their shirts and stuff. Devpro really gets people to use their money for various things so they can use to probably do stuff like pay their bills, because honestly, YGOpro has everything Devpro has and more and you don't even pay a single penny for it.

Percival18 (the admin) has not even mentioned once to have someone donate money to him to help keep servers up, etc.

In my opinion, YGOpro has a way better community than Devpro. It is more of a close community if you ask me.

Edited by user Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:37:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
flowoftime  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 5:38:17 AM(UTC)
flowoftime

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/17/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,140
Indonesia

Thanks: 166 times
Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Originally Posted by: laserbeam Go to Quoted Post
I'll answer this. (i am quite biased)

This is what Devpro does not have that YGOpro Percy does have

Fullscreen function
Sounds
Background music
Attenuator
Custom Skins
Field Spell Card Backgrounds
Advanced Card search engine
"Surrender"-Button from the first Turn available
forced Card activation respectively cancel with the left and right mouse button
AI Bots

http://www.ygo-forum.de/...Thread&threadID=3231

YGOpro and Devpro have different cardbases so one might have different cards than the other and vice versa
Devpro has its own launcher while YGOpro pretty much runs the base game.

Devpro has this thing where you can use your real life money to get virtual Devpro money to spend on various things. A majority Ygopro does not have/Can do for free

Devpro also has merchandise so you can spend your money on their shirts and stuff. Devpro really gets people to use their money for various things so they can use to probably do stuff like pay their bills, because honestly, YGOpro has everything Devpro has and more and you don't even pay a single penny for it.

Percival18 (the admin) has not even mentioned once to have someone donate money to him to help keep servers up, etc.

In my opinion, YGOpro has a way better community than Devpro. It is more of a close community if you ask me.


:O Devpro has a larger communities and fanbases compare to us... that's for sure. :whist

but Percy indeed never ask us to donate. :thup :clap

he must be rich. :P

and both DN and Devpro is more updated compare to us... :doh
Sebrian  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 8:13:15 AM(UTC)
Sebrian

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/10/2013(UTC)
Posts: 435

Thanks: 26 times
Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Actually percy asked us to donate, but it was quite some time ago, and i can't find it now.
laserbeam  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 8:16:35 AM(UTC)
laserbeam

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/16/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,039

Thanks: 174 times
Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sebrian Go to Quoted Post
Actually percy asked us to donate, but it was quite some time ago, and i can't find it now.


Well, i have not noticed it so it must have slipped past me :P
He has not asked us since then.
UserPostedImage
seabottom  
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 9:39:48 AM(UTC)
seabottom

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/24/2013(UTC)
Posts: 236

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
You can use the Devpro launcher alongside the ygopro game. That was what I did at first. However, you do encounter various minor problems.

I miss the more sleek interface that devpro has and also the chat and ability to add friends and have private conversations. If only ygopro would integrate this it would be perfect!
UserPostedImage
Steeldarkeagel  
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 9:59:53 AM(UTC)
Steeldarkeagel

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 5,574
United Kingdom

Thanks: 67 times
Was thanked: 963 time(s) in 776 post(s)
We have a more active and closer community than DevPro.

They have a bigger community. But from the number of forum users we are catching up.

Both games have around the same number of real cards.

DevPro has a much larger team while YgoPro only has Percy working on the game. (With the A.I done by users on the forum(Ytterbite and Serbian), and Checkmate maintaining the linux server)

In the end it is just preference.

Me personally I see DevPro as a corporate business and YgoPro as a mans passion to make the game.
duelistdude  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 4:37:40 AM(UTC)
duelistdude

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/28/2013(UTC)
Posts: 57

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: laserbeam Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bull3tM0nk3y Go to Quoted Post

Okay, now:

What's the difference between YGOPRO and DEVPro?


I'll answer this. (i am quite biased)

This is what Devpro does not have that YGOpro Percy does have

Fullscreen function
Sounds
Background music
Attenuator
Custom Skins
Field Spell Card Backgrounds
Advanced Card search engine
"Surrender"-Button from the first Turn available
forced Card activation respectively cancel with the left and right mouse button
AI Bots

http://www.ygo-forum.de/...Thread&threadID=3231

YGOpro and Devpro have different cardbases so one might have different cards than the other and vice versa
Devpro has its own launcher while YGOpro pretty much runs the base game.

Devpro has this thing where you can use your real life money to get virtual Devpro money to spend on various things. A majority Ygopro does not have/Can do for free

Devpro also has merchandise so you can spend your money on their shirts and stuff. Devpro really gets people to use their money for various things so they can use to probably do stuff like pay their bills, because honestly, YGOpro has everything Devpro has and more and you don't even pay a single penny for it.

Percival18 (the admin) has not even mentioned once to have someone donate money to him to help keep servers up, etc.

In my opinion, YGOpro has a way better community than Devpro. It is more of a close community if you ask me.


Before I start, I want to let you know that I'm playing both version so I want to try to be unbiased.

To me Ygopro is like the original game, Devpro is the "DLC" that fullfill what ygopro is lacking such as

-Dedicated chat system that allow users to chat,private message, add other users as friend, see who is online and who is offline, similar to an MMO chat system.

-I seen ygopro in-game chat, it a mess. Devpro have a channel system that allow users to create their own chat room with multitude of chat command.

-Easier interface and customize screen. I think this is the biggest draw. You can customize background music, card sleeve, copy deck list , skin, etc at the click of a button. (And yes, Devpro got sound, background music, skin, field spell background, search engine etc back almost 24 hour after the separation with percy)
-Weekly tournament that reward virtual devpro money so you don't have to pay real life money
-Devpro WCS that reward devpro t-shirt, booster pack
These thing get their players involved and I really love that.

Devpro required you to register in order to play, which is the only reason why I download ygopro as well so I can play anonymously when I wish.
Ygopro offer offline AI mode which is another reason i have ygopro, that thing is genius and I must thanks percy for his work.

You mention that devpro ask for donation. I see nothing wrong with that. Devpro have grow too big (almost 3k+ players online at peak), they reward you perk for donating such as changing your username color, make a team, reset stat, etc. The money is being used to pay for server/software cost.

When ygopro grow bigger, percy can't just pay out of his pocket (unless he really want to). Again, nothing wrong with asking for donation. I feel like he need plan out a reward system similar to DN and devpro in order to give people more incentive to donate however.

I wish both ygopro and devpro just merge together and combine players but that just a dream of mine. We support to be stealing dueling network players, not trying to kill each other.

Edited by user Friday, August 16, 2013 4:39:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AccessDenied  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:09:22 AM(UTC)
AccessDenied

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/3/2012(UTC)
Posts: 89

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)
DevPro isn't corporate, that is more the way Dawn is structured. The reason for the registration is strictly so we can control the chat rooms things could degrade to the behavior of DN if we didn't. And DevPro could get into some legal trouble if we didn't. Sorry for the corporate feel :-/. Also DevPro has AI.

I honestly in my heart want an at least server level merger of the systems much like the Gnutella servers and torrent networks. Right now we have sort of a Digmon online thing going.

a full merger would require all fh5 and mycard over in devpro's chat, then emailing percy and checkmate cliff notes due to their hecktic scheduling. Some of the developers on various projects would have to work out some personal issues and a host of other interpersonal issues between everyone. It would honestly have to just be a goal of all 5 projects.

But we are all in contact ^_^ we help each other out all the time. maybe if an skype to google ++ plugin was made? then we could all conference easy!


I think this should be a goal, and I feel maybe in 3 years it will finally happen.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:14:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

checkmate  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 9:09:27 AM(UTC)
checkmate

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,035

Thanks: 38 times
Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 221 post(s)
the checkmate server is compatible with ALL ygopro flavors.
The percy's client is one of the compatible ones.
To enter the linux server from a client other than percy's you have to:
go to lan mode,
enter ip: 173.224.211.158
port 21001

Full details about how to connect to the checkmate server are here:
http://ygopro.it/web/mod...p=showtutorial&pid=3
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
AccessDenied  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 12:25:36 PM(UTC)
AccessDenied

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/3/2012(UTC)
Posts: 89

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: checkmate Go to Quoted Post
the checkmate server is compatible with ALL ygopro flavors.
The percy's client is one of the compatible ones.
To enter the linux server from a client other than percy's you have to:
go to lan mode,
enter ip: 173.224.211.158
port 21001

Full details about how to connect to the checkmate server are here:
http://ygopro.it/web/mod...p=showtutorial&pid=3


The server to client card db will still be different.
checkmate  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 12:43:28 PM(UTC)
checkmate

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,035

Thanks: 38 times
Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 221 post(s)
buttys said that the card dbs contain the same data for the part concerning the legal cards.

also, I'm already having users from different clients and so far there haven't been any problems.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
AccessDenied  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6:25:10 PM(UTC)
AccessDenied

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/3/2012(UTC)
Posts: 89

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: checkmate Go to Quoted Post
buttys said that the card dbs contain the same data for the part concerning the legal cards.

also, I'm already having users from different clients and so far there haven't been any problems.



hmn, with percies permission I'd like to alert the users to that.
Six  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:23:46 PM(UTC)
Six

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/28/2013(UTC)
Posts: 53
Brazil

What is the best Ai mode? DevPro or Ygpro?
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error