Overlord Duck
2015-11-04T06:11:44Z
Quote:


I don't :D



That's strange. I mean, I looked into the ai>decks files and indeed there is no Lightsworn file, however the AI seems to handle Judgement Dragon and Lightray Diablos perfectly fine (and I know those are not in the Chaos Dragon deck). Is that handled somewhere in the main AI file?
Anyway, attached is the AI_Lightsworn deck I have if you want it.
File Attachment(s):
AI_Lightsworn.ydk (1kb) downloaded 15 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
RaiZZZ19
2015-11-04T09:09:53Z
Originally Posted by: Snarky 


Originally Posted by: RaiZZZ19 

@Overlord Duck: AI_Wizard cannot identify the stats of monsters in defense position. I use Superheavy and Ai always attacks them even if they have bigger def than the attack of the attacking monsters.


Only the Magician deck? Thats strange, Magicians use the standard attack logic like any other deck, as far as I am aware.
Quote:


Also I would like to request a AI_D/D/D


I am currently playing around with a D/D deck myself, but I can tell you, this will be a pain in the *** to code for the AI. Way too many options. Not that I won't try it ever, but I'll definitely have other stuff to do first.



Well if that is Standard logic does the ai knows Superheavies. Coz yeah thats what happened 2 OEPD and some other magicians attacked my Benkei.

Also I had a play vs Fire Fist..I normal summon Shs Magnet then special summon Shs Swordsman via Magnet the equipped Magnet with Soulbreaker Armor lessening the Def of Magnet but still battle indestructible then Swordsman triggers effect making all of them attacking to 0 AtK. Ai is thinking Magnet can be defeated by battle and ignoring Swordsman. Also they ignore a Flutist in my graveyard.

For Ai_Heraldic..and again I'm using Shs..and that play again where I had a Shs monster equipped with
Souklbreaker Armor or Soulshine Claw. And he summoned a Giant Red Hand so I dragged it out without activating anything. Ai logic is to not activate anything with NO.C106 or setting which he should do coz it does nothing to negate its effect. He will only activate cards or set if I activated an effect during his turn. What happened is his hand size is more than 6 so he must discard at the End Phase. And he discard a Breakthrough Skill which he could had set.

Jamster26
2015-11-04T09:58:20Z
Hey Snarky,

I was dueling against the AI Blackwing deck. The AI summoned that whirlwind Blackwing (forgot the name), I activated fiendish chain to target it and then rather hilariously, the AI activated it's own fiendish chain on it.
YGOPRO Tournament Groups:
Evolve Group 
Facebook Group 
Snarky
  • Snarky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-11-04T10:01:36Z
Originally Posted by: Overlord Duck 


That's strange. I mean, I looked into the ai>decks files and indeed there is no Lightsworn file, however the AI seems to handle Judgement Dragon and Lightray Diablos perfectly fine (and I know those are not in the Chaos Dragon deck). Is that handled somewhere in the main AI file?
Anyway, attached is the AI_Lightsworn deck I have if you want it.


Some of them are handled in the main AI files, Sebrian did include them at some point. The deck files were a system I introduced later on for organizational purposes, before that everything was handled in the base files.

Judgment Dragon I implemented myself, I think, since he is a very iconic card and not hard to implement for the most part. Diabolos kinda works out without having to script him, all his effects work just fine with the "summon+activate everything if possible" approach. His effect can only target your opponent's cards, and its usually not too bad to summon him right away, once his condition is met.

Originally Posted by: RaiZZZ19 


Well if that is Standard logic does the ai knows Superheavies. Coz yeah thats what happened 2 OEPD and some other magicians attacked my Benkei.


The AI doesn't use any specific logic for handling shs so far, but it shouldn't just attack into monsters wwith a high DEF anyways.
Quote:


Also I had a play vs Fire Fist..I normal summon Shs Magnet then special summon Shs Swordsman via Magnet the equipped Magnet with Soulbreaker Armor lessening the Def of Magnet but still battle indestructible then Swordsman triggers effect making all of them attacking to 0 AtK. Ai is thinking Magnet can be defeated by battle and ignoring Swordsman. Also they ignore a Flutist in my graveyard.


These interactions are problematic to handle in a generic scenario, I'll try to improve on that.
Quote:


For Ai_Heraldic..and again I'm using Shs..and that play again where I had a Shs monster equipped with
Souklbreaker Armor or Soulshine Claw. And he summoned a Giant Red Hand so I dragged it out without activating anything. Ai logic is to not activate anything with NO.C106 or setting which he should do coz it does nothing to negate its effect. He will only activate cards or set if I activated an effect during his turn. What happened is his hand size is more than 6 so he must discard at the End Phase. And he discard a Breakthrough Skill which he could had set.


The "don't do anything" approach is a quick and simple kind of thing. Maybe I can improve on that, but I might need to change a lot of stuff to do so. I guess, making the AI set cards shouldn't be too hard, though, especially to avoid discards.


Loekman3
2015-11-08T03:06:26Z
Hey Snarky, are you considering creating an AI for a PePe (Performapal and Pals) deck.
Snarky
  • Snarky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-11-08T07:26:03Z
Originally Posted by: Loekman3 

Hey Snarky, are you considering creating an AI for a PePe (Performapal and Pals) deck.



I thought about it, but that might be a challenge. These guys just can do too much stuff. I might try it, but no idea, how that will turn out.
Snarky
  • Snarky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-11-08T09:05:25Z
New Experimental Version: v0.32c

Download 

Notable changes:

- updated most AI decks to match the November 2015 TCG banlist
- added new support to some of these decks
- bugfixes



Alright, I finally updated a bunch of decks to match the banlist. Just in time before it goes live, I guess. A few exceptions:

- Shaddolls and Nekroz are not updated yet since they require major overhauls.
- Character decks might not match the banlist, but they won't be changed for nostalgic reasons.
- I did not change user-made decks not managed by me, including:

  • AI_Cth
  • AI_Express
  • AI_Spellbook
  • AI_Wizard
  • AI_X-Saber

For most decks, I followed the suggestions from this thread, meaning I mostly took out the Excitons and some other rarely used XYZ to add Utopia the Lightning. Improved on his useage as well, might not be perfect yet, but the AI should use him more regularly. Some decks received new support as well.

Notable changes besides replacing Exciton Knight include:

- Boxers: Added Kagetokage and King of the Feral Imps to replace RotA
- Blackwings: Added Raikiri the Sudden Shower. Might not be handled 100% correctly yet.
- BA: Added 2 Painful Escape and a 3rd Farfa. Might change to Fiendish Rhino in the future, not sure
- Chaos Dragon: Added Lightsworn Minerva
- Constellar: Added 2nd Thrasher + Siat (might not be used correctly yet)
- Heraldic: Only replaced the Exciton so far, no major changes to the decklist yet
- Mega Monarch: Replaces 1 RotA with One for One
- Noble Knight: Replaced RotA and Solemn Advice with Solemn Notices
- Qliphort: Added Wavering Eyes
- Satellarknight: Added Satellarknight Unukalhai

Because of the high number of changed decks, this update has all the official AI decks, not just the changed ones. So any local changes you made to your decks will be overwritten, and you might need to move/delete decks you don't want to have in the random selection again.

As always, feel free to edit the decks on your end.

No major improvements to Kozmos or HEROes, even though they still require them

Also, I added the previously mentioned Lightsworn deck to the optional decks . I might improve on it a little in the future and add it to the official decks.

.
kenpazaraki
2015-11-08T09:36:53Z
I have a couple of questions about the decklists.
1) AI_Heraldic has Dark Hole instead of Raigeki. Unless the reason is to trigger N18's effect, Raigeki seems to be a better choice.
2) A lot of decks still use Breakthrough Skill instead of Notice. I understand why in decks that mill, but anywhere else Notice would probably be a better choice (since it's used in AI_BurningAbyss I assume that changing it manually won't cause a problem, right?)

On a different note, are there new decks you are planning to release at some point in the future or will you focus on fixing the current ones?
Snarky
  • Snarky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-11-08T09:54:41Z
Originally Posted by: kenpazaraki 


1) AI_Heraldic has Dark Hole instead of Raigeki. Unless the reason is to trigger N18's effect, Raigeki seems to be a better choice.


As mentioned in the post, Heraldics will receive a major overhaul anyway, for now I just made them legal for the banlist. Feel free to replace it with Raigeki on your end.
Quote:


2) A lot of decks still use Breakthrough Skill instead of Notice. I understand why in decks that mill, but anywhere else Notice would probably be a better choice (since it's used in AI_BurningAbyss I assume that changing it manually won't cause a problem, right?)


Sure, go ahead. Notice should be used properly in all decks, most generic staple S/T support can be swapped freely between decks as you see fit. I didn't want to just splash 3 Notices in everything, even though that would probably represent the usage of the card :)
Quote:


On a different note, are there new decks you are planning to release at some point in the future or will you focus on fixing the current ones?


I literally just released 2 new decks in Kozmos and Masked HEROes. They are not handled very well yet and definitely require some more attention. Also, as mentioned, Heraldic Beasts are due for a decklist update, and I need to figure out something for Shaddolls and Nekroz. And I originally planned on making 2 HERO variants, the other one being more fusion oriented, I need to work on that as well.

So no, probably no new decks for a while, besides maybe Fusion HEROes.
neftalimich
2015-11-08T18:18:44Z
In my opinion, I guess that we all know that the list of november, was not to balance the game, was to destroy the current "meta", so I thing Nekroz, Shaddoll and "Qli" must remains in his best version, to remember them as they was.

Also be nice to have the two versions. 🙂
iJ
  • iJ
  • Member
2015-11-09T07:19:44Z
what i think is you should keep progress for deck that are in current meta, and old deck keep original version when they was good, gona be less work to code each time new banlist.
Snarky
  • Snarky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-11-09T07:55:37Z
Originally Posted by: neftalimich 

...so I thing Nekroz, Shaddoll and "Qli" must remains in his best version, to remember them as they was.



Originally Posted by: iJ 

what i think is you should keep progress for deck that are in current meta, and old deck keep original version when they was good, gona be less work to code each time new banlist.



I could do that, but there are many people out there, who dislike playing against decks not matching the current banlist, myself included. It might be more work for me to update the decklists to match the current banlist, but I want to do it anyway. For significant changes like this, I will make sure to make the old decks available still in the archive of old decks , which holds a lot of deck versions before significant changes were made to the decklists.

I won't add all the decks I updated now, since most changes only replaced Exciton Knight, which hardly seems significant enough to keep the old version around. But Shaddolls, Nekroz, and eventually Heraldic Beasts will certainly be added to the archive after their respective decklist updates. So if you prefer to play against the old versions, you will be able to do so. In some cases, the deck might play out differently than before, I cannot prevent that entirely. But I'll try to keep backwards compatibility for the most part.
francot514
2015-11-11T00:22:56Z
Snarky, have you ever thought about create random deck with different skill for the AI, this can be achieved with the script code you shared me about ai-special.lua, i can give you some tips, if you want..
Snarky
  • Snarky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-11-11T07:31:13Z
Do you mean decks entirely made of random cards? That doesn't seem all that great. What exactly do you have in mind?
Mihedere
2015-11-11T09:53:36Z
Thanks for the update Snarky , but oh no.. why doesn't cheatingai draw 1 additional card as well as gain 1000 anymore? Gosh, I loved that feature about the cheatingai.

https://gyazo.com/3b568a086daa0a2572f302a48ce32901 
Snarky
  • Snarky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-11-11T10:14:41Z
It does not? That is a bug.

Download the attached ai file to fix that issue.
File Attachment(s):
ai-cheating.lua (1kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.

Mihedere
2015-11-11T11:51:27Z
Thanks for the fix, Snarky!
francot514
2015-11-11T19:23:12Z
Originally Posted by: Snarky 

Do you mean decks entirely made of random cards? That doesn't seem all that great. What exactly do you have in mind?



Yes, why not, could be based from a deck already created, but after be modified by selecting AI difficult level, like a message, where you choose hardcore or not, and based on that some new cards generated..


Snarky
  • Snarky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-11-12T14:16:36Z
Originally Posted by: francot514 


Yes, why not, could be based from a deck already created, but after be modified by selecting AI difficult level, like a message, where you choose hardcore or not, and based on that some new cards generated..



I can see this potentially being useful in the long run, but only, if it functions within the rules a normal player would follow. And considering that, implementing a difficulty system with random cards sounds very hard to do. I don't want harder difficulties just generating cards out of thin air.

If something like this were to be implemented, we could make the AI replace certain cards in the deck with other random ones, like randomizing the trap lineup for each match or something, that could work. Or add some variation to the monster lineup. However, thats more a fun gimmick without any significant gameplay improvement, and it would take a lot of work and testing to get it right. Feel free to work on something like that, I have other matters to attend to first.

---

Speaking of which, I am currently working on improving the handling for matchup-dependant cards like Abyss Dweller or Constellarknight Diamond. My current approach will be checking for the deck by the public cards currently known to the AI. That means cards in hand, face-up on the field, in grave, banished and any overlays. For now, it will just assume the deck to be a certain archetype/attribute, if it detects 2 or more cards of that archetype/ 4 or more of that attribute. I made the attribute check more strict, since multi-attribute archetypes are a thing, or you might just tech 2 Battle Faders and the AI might think, thats reason enough to drop Diamond.

For Dweller, for example, the AI checks, if the player is playing a grave-reliant archetype like BA, Shaddoll, Dark World, Mermail, Atlantean. If that is the case, Dweller may be summoned, if some other conditions are fulfilled as well.

Similar for Diamond, it will check for archetypes, like BA, Shaddoll and Lightsworn and also attribute in general.

Do note, that this has quite some problems, like:

- I cannot check cards, that were searched or revealed, and I don't want the AI to cheat and check the deck, face-downs and hand. So for now, the cards have to hit a public area, and they have to be face-up.
- assumption might be wrong, if you only tech 2 cards of an archetype for example, or if you hit all your darks first, for a multi-attribute archetype
- detection doesn't carry over for games 2&3 of a match

This will probably make the next experimental version. I'll try this out for a bit, if it turns out to work well enough, it can be expanded upon. Maybe some day, the AI might actually be able to sidedeck properly 🙂
ninja
2015-11-12T15:49:13Z
The names of the decks should be an identifier.

For Example: AI_Nekroz for AI_NekrozTCG or AI_NekrozOCG. AI_Constellar for AI_ConstellarTCG or AI_ConstellarOCG. etc, etc.

This causes the deck respects the banlist.
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic