YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
storm75x  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:34:43 AM(UTC)
storm75x

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 54 post(s)
For those with root:
Since I have seen a lot of people asking around how to do this, I decided to post a tutorial. This is how I customize my YGOPRO Android app.
  1. Go to /data/app/ using Root Explorer or some other file browsers.
  2. Copy co.ygopro.ygoproandroid-2.apk to your SD Card.
  3. Open co.ygopro.ygoproandroid-2.apk from your computer with WinRAR then go in to assets folder.
  4. Go download/make a skin that you normally use in PC version of YGOPRO and drop it in there.
  5. Replace the old co.ygopro.ygoproandroid-2.apk in /data/apps/ with the newly modified one.
  6. Enjoy!

For those without root:
Originally Posted by: mortadhaalaa Go to Quoted Post
You can edit the files withOUT the need of root.

First, install any app that extracts the apk without root. Like this app:
https://play.google.com/...=net.sylark.apkextractor
Open the app , press on ygopro, now you have the ygopro apk located in sdcard/ApkExtractor.

OR just download the apk from here:
https://db.tt/VRB8UhXY

Then, edit the apk.

Then go to sdcard/Android/obb and rename the ygopro data to any other name like: co.ygopro.ygoproandroidABC

Then uninstall the game from your device.
P.S: the data will NOT be deleted because we renamed it to a name different than the apk package name.

Install your edited apk then rename the data back to its original name "co.ygopro.ygoproandroid" without quotes.

Enjoy!

BTW: you can use apktool android version for editing the apk on your device (not pc) but it's a little bit advanced for a normal android user.
Link:
http://code.google.com/p/apktool/

NOTE:
If you want to permanently modify the APK then you have to sign it with this before replacing/installing: http://www.4shared.com/android/rIOfv0YR/zip_signer.html

Edited by user Saturday, May 31, 2014 7:13:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated Guide

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked storm75x for this useful post.
storm75x  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:18:38 AM(UTC)
storm75x

[RESERVED FOR FUTURE POSTS/UPDATES]

Edited by user Tuesday, June 03, 2014 12:15:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Reserved

UserPostedImage
KatsuoEsper  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 02, 2014 4:09:34 AM(UTC)
KatsuoEsper

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I myself am using a Nexus 7 tablet (the second one, made by ASUS), and followed all of the steps. However, after I put the .apk back into the directory (it's more or less the same, under sdcard/data/app) and tried to run it, it brings up the message "unfortunately, YGOPRO has stopped."

The only real thing I did differently was I used 7zip, which more or less does the same thing as Winrar, and a few of my pictures were a bit bigger than the ones already on there.

Fixed. My images actually were way too big, and that was more than likely the problem. I deleted and reinstalled the app off the playstore to get the original images and their sizes, and edited all of my images to fit their file formats and sizes. Regardless, I got it to run, and it looks much better now imo.

UserPostedImage

Here are some of the stuff I used.

UserPostedImage For chains and activations
UserPostedImage attacking
UserPostedImage background
UserPostedImage Sleeve
UserPostedImage Field. The transparent version just cuts out the image in the monster zones.

Edited by user Friday, May 02, 2014 4:59:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kevinflowers  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 04, 2014 8:07:47 PM(UTC)
kevinflowers

I think it would be best if could simply put de backgrounds/sleeves/images on a folder like de "Deck", what is in the present version of the game for Android.
I have a unrooted Nexus 4 and cant find that ygopro apk to modify :P

Edited by user Sunday, May 04, 2014 8:20:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KatsuoEsper  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 04, 2014 8:43:32 PM(UTC)
KatsuoEsper

It's fairly easy to root a nexus tbh, a quick look around Google/YouTube can instruct you on the finer points of doing so. I totally agree though that it should be easier, like we should be able to put our textures in a folder and the game itself could give us options to be able to swap out textures and whatnot.

A word of warning though; a few days after I changed my graphics, my nexus 7 stopped recognising ygopro as an installed program, and I ended up having to reinstall it, meaning I had to put all the custom textures back in to continue using them. I don't know if this is a recurring thing, so if anyone else encounters that, try reinstalling if all else fails.

Or, I guess you could copy the .apk on your phone, reinstall a new install, then replace the new install with the old one if you don't feel stuffing all the images back in. I dunno.
kevinflowers  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 04, 2014 9:07:59 PM(UTC)
kevinflowers

Originally Posted by: KatsuoEsper Go to Quoted Post
It's fairly easy to root a nexus tbh, a quick look around Google/YouTube can instruct you on the finer points of doing so. I totally agree though that it should be easier, like we should be able to put our textures in a folder and the game itself could give us options to be able to swap out textures and whatnot.

A word of warning though; a few days after I changed my graphics, my nexus 7 stopped recognising ygopro as an installed program, and I ended up having to reinstall it, meaning I had to put all the custom textures back in to continue using them. I don't know if this is a recurring thing, so if anyone else encounters that, try reinstalling if all else fails.

Or, I guess you could copy the .apk on your phone, reinstall a new install, then replace the new install with the old one if you don't feel stuffing all the images back in. I dunno.

I tried reinstalling the apk, but it dont replace de old one, so I must uninstall and reinstall, what I will not do. Then, i'm waiting for Percy to say if is possible to make things easier, if possible :p
PS: I have a Nexus 4 with KitKat, and since it is new (recently acquired) I dont plan rooting.
mortadhaalaa  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 2:40:50 PM(UTC)
mortadhaalaa

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Open the app , press on ygopro, now you have the ygopro apk located in sdcard/ApkExtractor.

Then, edit the apk.

Then go to sdcard/Android/obb and rename the ygopro data to any other name like: co.ygopro.ygoproandroidABC

P.S: the data will NOT be deleted because we renamed it to a name different than the apk package name.

Install your edited apk then rename the data back to its original name "co.ygopro.ygoproandroid" without quotes.

Enjoy!

BTW: you can use apktool android version for editing the apk on your device (not pc) but it's a little bit advanced for a normal android user.
Link:
thanks 3 users thanked mortadhaalaa for this useful post.
KatsuoEsper  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 8:29:53 PM(UTC)
KatsuoEsper

Then, edit the apk.

Enjoy!

Link:

This is a huge boon to those that don't feel like rooting their devices. Awesome work.

Anyways, the app got updated to add pendulum monsters, which means my totally awesome field and all the graphics I had were wrote over. Which is disappointing, but nothing a little paint.net can't fix.

EDIT: ohey did more customizing.

UserPostedImage What I ended up with.

UserPostedImage my bg now. I think it's a tad better than the other one.

UserPostedImage Took this from Devpro. Couldn't stand not having outlines on my numbers, so now it's super easy to read.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage I kept the old field this time, though I changed the scale arrows to grayscale and I brightened all the whites to make the borders and the little designs on the deck, field, extra deck and whatever zones pop out more. Added the galaxy swirl because it still looks super cool.

UserPostedImage Made it blue, and adjusted the brightness and whatnot to go along with the blue in the background.

UserPostedImage Unknown card. I didn't like seeing the colorless swirl or the white card, so hey kuriboh.

Edited by user Thursday, May 08, 2014 9:24:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Pretty pictures!

annoyingcalc  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 11:16:58 PM(UTC)
annoyingcalc

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The music did not work when I added it, I guess music hasn't been implemented.
KatsuoEsper  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 1:40:38 AM(UTC)
KatsuoEsper

Originally Posted by: annoyingcalc Go to Quoted Post

I myself haven't messed with the music yet, nor did I put any in. I do know for a fact that you can change the sound effects if you so wish, but for the time being, I think it is impossible a tad difficult to put in music. I'll try it when I get the chance.
thanks 1 user thanked KatsuoEsper for this useful post.
storm75x  
#11 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 9:09:45 AM(UTC)
storm75x

Then, edit the apk.

Enjoy!

Link:

Thank you for this useful post. I have added it to the original post. :)

Originally Posted by: annoyingcalc Go to Quoted Post

The music hasn't been included in the current version of YGOPRO Android yet, there are only sound effects in which you can modify them.
UserPostedImage
zeroni  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:00:58 PM(UTC)
zeroni

When I first tried to install the new apk it told me that the installation failed. Then I tried replacing some of the things that I changed with the original files from the apk, thinking that the difference in the size was the problem. No matter what I did to it I couldn't make it work. Can you please give me some advice? I've kept everything in the same format, the same dimensions, similar size, so there sholdn't be a difference (but that's just the theory). Btw, I use a samsung galaxy S4, if it's any use.

https://www.mediafire.com/?5xxqnv5gv3k7kb3

Edited by user Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:30:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HILBILLYBONE  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:23:23 PM(UTC)
HILBILLYBONE

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How do you "edit" the apk. Can so.eone dumb this down for meiI did the apktool app thing as instructed and have extractedthe apk. Butbbut asas far as making edits iI have no idea what you all are talking about.

I want a darker background is all the default one hurts my eyes after too long.

beelze01  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:40:03 PM(UTC)
beelze01

Originally Posted by: zeroni Go to Quoted Post
When I first tried to install the new apk it told me that the installation failed. Then I tried replacing some of the things that I changed with the original files from the apk, thinking that the difference in the size was the problem. No matter what I did to it I couldn't make it work. Can you please give me some advice? I've kept everything in the same format, the same dimensions, similar size, so there sholdn't be a difference (but that's just the theory). Btw, I use a samsung galaxy S4, if it's any use.

https://www.mediafire.com/?5xxqnv5gv3k7kb3

Got the same problem on samsung galaxy s3 :/, i tried editing with only the images that posted "KatsuoEsper" and still keeps saying installation failed.
HILBILLYBONE  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2014 4:42:58 AM(UTC)
HILBILLYBONE

Ok when I open the apktool app to edit nothing works. I can't change anything and no mater what option I tap theres an error

Also. When I tried editing the apk using apk editor app from Google play, Ican only edit things tthat are on the "install page" when you first run the apk. I can't edit the actual vales images or music of the game itself. What am I doing wrong?

If it helps I'm using a Verizon galaxy nexus. With current o.s. of android.
HILBILLYBONE  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:07:47 AM(UTC)
HILBILLYBONE

I give up I can't figure it out how to do it without root and without a PC II'lljust delete everything and redownload ygopro and play with the default app. Its not worth it anymore to me.
HILBILLYBONE  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 3:48:45 AM(UTC)
HILBILLYBONE

I'm still researching how to do this and I've still had no success. If anyone would kind enough to replay or pm me on this matter to help that would be awesome. Or you can email me @ hilbillybone@live.com
storm75x  
#18 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2014 7:11:01 AM(UTC)
storm75x

If you can't install the modified apk, use this: http://www.4shared.com/a...rIOfv0YR/zip_signer.html

You have to sign your APK first.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked storm75x for this useful post.
Cesc21  
#19 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2014 3:22:24 PM(UTC)
Cesc21

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I install the apk modified as follows:
1) install the official version of ygopro from google play and data.
2) go to sdcar /android /obb and copy the folder co.ygopro.ygoproandroid and its contents elsewhere outside the obb folder.
3) uninstall official app (when we uninstall the app the co.ygopro.ygoproandroid folder is deleted)
4) install the modified apk (not open)
5) go to sdcar/android/obb folder and paste into, the folder co.ygopro.ygoproandroid you copied with its contents
6) finally open the app normally and enjoy
HILBILLYBONE  
#20 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2014 6:48:48 PM(UTC)
HILBILLYBONE

Originally Posted by: storm75x Go to Quoted Post
If you can't install the modified apk, use this: http://www.4shared.com/a...rIOfv0YR/zip_signer.html

You have to sign your APK first.

That's just it I can'tmodify it lol I think I misunderstood this whole thing though. I was under the impression that this can be done WITHOUT ROOT AND WITHOUT A COMPUTER. Meaning the entire process could be done on the phone alone. Is this correct or is a computer needed @