YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
59 Pages«<4142434445>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Snarky  
#841 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 11:01:21 AM(UTC)
Snarky

Was thanked: 462 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CherryPauper Go to Quoted Post

I don't experience crashes in PvP, but with the AI, I crash 70% of the time. It might be coincidence, but the crashes for me occur when there's a chain of 2 or higher.

70% is a lot, if it happens that often, could you provide some more information? Which YGOPro and AI script version do you use? What system are you using it on? Could you record some duels on video or something? I did not experience many crashes related to a high chain link, my game crashes mostly, when I perform the very first action of a duel.

First results of our tests indicate, that restarting the client inbetween duels might help. Crashes seem to happen more frequently, if multiple duels are played in a row.

Edited by user Saturday, October 03, 2015 12:35:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dkates  
#842 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 3:22:24 PM(UTC)
dkates

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Yeah, I too have been experiencing a lot of crashes in AI mode. Often it'll be on the first move of the duel, but it'll happen randomly at other times. About the only thing that's even semi-consistent is that the timing strongly suggests that the AI script is not at fault.

As for the restarting in between duels, that actually suggests to me that the problem may have to do with something that should be happening at the end of a duel, but isn't. Values in memory that should be getting cleared but aren't, that kind of thing. Of course, I haven't taken any kind of look at the program's source code, and probably wouldn't understand much of it even if I did, so this is purely a guess based on observed behavior and a limited amount of general knowledge regarding programming.
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#843 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 4:35:41 PM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Was thanked: 1337 time(s) in 1077 post(s)
Just thought of something. If someone would give you a Decklist and it's full list/ checklist of strategies to implement it, would you accept it? Of course, the Deck has to be tested by someone else for consistency and if it's worth adding into the game.

Only a very few can script the AI even I can't find the time to learn to make an incredible AI_Deck. As of now, the only thing I've perfected/ good enough for "perfect" with the AI is checking for surrender and if the AI has this card on the field. Obviously, it's from plain scripting but I know it's not enough.
Now this is how I play:
Snarky  
#844 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 5:18:54 PM(UTC)
Snarky

Originally Posted by: Michael Lawrence Dee Go to Quoted Post
Just thought of something. If someone would give you a Decklist and it's full list/ checklist of strategies to implement it, would you accept it? Of course, the Deck has to be tested by someone else for consistency and if it's worth adding into the game.

The way to play the game is unfortunately only one part of the equasion. I t would certainly help, especially if these instructions are very specific and technical, but adding the actual script to the AI is at least just as much work, usually much more even. Most of the time, you will have to adapt while coding anyway, most things don't work exactly as planned, so you need to improvise on the way, test a lot etc etc...

So yes, including specific instructions on how to play and implement the deck do help, but they won't guarantee, that I will add the deck anytime soon.
Quote:

Only a very few can script the AI even I can't find the time to learn to make an incredible AI_Deck. As of now, the only thing I've perfected/ good enough for "perfect" with the AI is checking for surrender and if the AI has this card on the field. Obviously, it's from plain scripting but I know it's not enough.

Very true. It is very complex and time-consuming, and most people, that would be interested in adding their own AI script might be discouraged from doing so, just by the sheer amount of information you have to work with. Just look at the AI tutorial, even I get a feeling of "My god, who wants to read all this?"

On the other hand, you don't have to do a perfect deck right from the start. Thats one of the main reasons I added the option to let everything be handled by the default AI. Baby steps, make a deck first, see, how the AI handles it. Then start fixing cards, one at a time. AI targets its own card with a removal card? You add targeting logic for that card. It summons a monster, when it is not supposed to? Add summon logic. If the result still misplays here and there, thats fine. You can always come back and fix it later. And its not like the official decks play perfectly either. If you have problems with a specific issue, you can ask me for help.

Edited by user Saturday, October 03, 2015 5:20:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Snarky for this useful post.
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#845 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2015 7:21:40 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Originally Posted by: Snarky Go to Quoted Post

The way to play the game is unfortunately only one part of the equasion. I t would certainly help, especially if these instructions are very specific and technical, but adding the actual script to the AI is at least just as much work, usually much more even. Most of the time, you will have to adapt while coding anyway, most things don't work exactly as planned, so you need to improvise on the way, test a lot etc etc...

So yes, including specific instructions on how to play and implement the deck do help, but they won't guarantee, that I will add the deck anytime soon.
Quote:

Very true. It is very complex and time-consuming, and most people, that would be interested in adding their own AI script might be discouraged from doing so, just by the sheer amount of information you have to work with. Just look at the AI tutorial, even I get a feeling of "My god, who wants to read all this?"

On the other hand, you don't have to do a perfect deck right from the start. Thats one of the main reasons I added the option to let everything be handled by the default AI. Baby steps, make a deck first, see, how the AI handles it. Then start fixing cards, one at a time. AI targets its own card with a removal card? You add targeting logic for that card. It summons a monster, when it is not supposed to? Add summon logic. If the result still misplays here and there, thats fine. You can always come back and fix it later. And its not like the official decks play perfectly either. If you have problems with a specific issue, you can ask me for help.

Thanks. We needed this. When I get the time, I want to implement Number 88 FTK. At least to promote non-Exodia FTKs.
Then, we can get the first Anime AI non-FTK Deck. :thup :thup
Now this is how I play:
giga137  
#846 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2015 7:58:46 AM(UTC)
giga137

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Still on V0.31a
Maxx C and Ghost Ogre And Snow Rabbit are being chained to the AI's own effects
Snarky  
#847 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2015 10:28:54 AM(UTC)
Snarky

Originally Posted by: giga137 Go to Quoted Post
Still on V0.31a
Maxx C and Ghost Ogre And Snow Rabbit are being chained to the AI's own effects

Which decks did the AI use? Ghost Ogre is only scripted for the Magician deck, I don't think it works in other decks yet. Maxx "C" should be used properly, though.
giga137  
#848 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2015 2:16:15 PM(UTC)
giga137

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Well, AI_Wizard use Ghost Ogre that way. . .

AI_Harpie used Maxx C on her own Harpie Channeler

I'll be specific when reporting this bugs next time lol
Snarky  
#849 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2015 3:40:26 PM(UTC)
Snarky

Originally Posted by: giga137 Go to Quoted Post
Well, AI_Wizard use Ghost Ogre that way. . .

AI_Harpie used Maxx C on her own Harpie Channeler

I'll be specific when reporting this bugs next time lol

Harpies had an issue with correct player detection in a previous version. Try downloading the latest version and report back.
iJ  
#850 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2015 6:08:58 AM(UTC)
iJ

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
for some reason mega-monarch deck have just 19 cards in deck
Snarky  
#851 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2015 10:55:30 AM(UTC)
Snarky

Originally Posted by: iJ Go to Quoted Post
for some reason mega-monarch deck have just 19 cards in deck

Did you download the unofficial YGOPro update? It breaks Mega Monarchs, because most of their IDs got changed. Not just the deck, even if you reconstruct the decklist, the script won't work as well, because it is based on the IDs.

You will have to either disable the unofficial update, take out the Mega Monarch deck temporarily, or download the newest AI Update from this post.

€ might as well push it now:

New Experimental Version: v0.31b

Download

Warning: Requires the Unofficial YGOPro Update

Notable changes:

- updated AI_MegaMonarch decklist and script for the new official IDs
- increased priority for Libic in Burning Abyss, if there is a non-BA
monster on the field
- bugfixes, including Ragnazero, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, Gagaga Cowboy,
Book of Moon, Nekroz Gungnir, Norden

Edited by user Monday, October 05, 2015 11:52:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Doctor_Rabbit  
#852 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2015 5:08:36 PM(UTC)
Doctor_Rabbit

The AI equips Moon Mirror Shield to your monsters instead of its own. It does this consistently.

I'm using version 1.033.6 Percy.

Edited by user Monday, October 05, 2015 5:10:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Version

Snarky  
#853 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2015 5:37:27 PM(UTC)
Snarky

Refer to the FAQ. Moon Mirror Shield is not used in any official AI deck yet, so it is expected to be used incorrectly. Might change in the future.
Padraigo  
#854 Posted : Tuesday, October 06, 2015 7:34:27 PM(UTC)
Padraigo

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 169 post(s)
How optimised is the magician pendulum, because I've seen the AI place pendulum scales of 3 and 4 and similar frequently.
UserPostedImage
Snarky  
#855 Posted : Tuesday, October 06, 2015 8:34:46 PM(UTC)
Snarky

Originally Posted by: Padraigo Go to Quoted Post
How optimised is the magician pendulum, because I've seen the AI place pendulum scales of 3 and 4 and similar frequently.

It is not scripted by me, but it seems to play pretty well on my end. I didn't notice a huge amount of misplays. So far, I didn't have a situation, where it would use incompatible scales, except when it is about to use Insight Magician to get another scale.
Snarky  
#856 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2015 6:47:47 PM(UTC)
Snarky

New Experimental Version: v0.31c

Download

Notable changes:

- fixed constant error message spam for some users
- support for Chicken Game, Solemn Notice
- some changes to Burning Abyss deck
- AI now skips the rest of main phase 1, if it expects to be able to finish the game by attacking

Burning Abyss now has Beatrice, Pilgrim (to summon off Beatrice) and some other changed monsters in the extra deck. Also took out the Upstarts, added Solemn Notices, a single Barbar and Fiend Griefing, which seems to be pretty standard. The handling probably needs improvement, it frequently locks itself out of Fire Lake by going into Beatrice. Oh well.

The AI tends to waste a lot of cards and effects, if it could have attacked for game instead, making it vulnerable to negation cards, mass removal that needs a trigger (Torrential) and the like. I tried to address that, now it will skip activating most stuff in MP1, if it expects to be able to attack for game and just go straight to BP and attack. This should usually turn out well, but it might have some problems, it might be stuck doing nothing for a couple of turns, if it faces a scrap-iron scarecrow for example and could easily deal with it by just summoning a 2nd monster or something. We will see, how this turns out, I changed the status to semi-stable because of this mostly.

thanks 2 users thanked Snarky for this useful post.
salvadorc17  
#857 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2015 8:37:10 PM(UTC)
salvadorc17

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 98 post(s)
Quote:
New Experimental Version: v0.31c

Download

Good work, Why experimental, it still contain bugs??

Can i also request you Utopia deck for AI??
Snarky  
#858 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2015 9:01:32 PM(UTC)
Snarky

Originally Posted by: salvadorc17 Go to Quoted Post

Good work, Why experimental, it still contain bugs??

I would be very surprised, if it didn't.

The main phase cancel bit could potentially cause some trouble, and the Burning Abyss cards are not all that easy to handle as well. I did not notice any major issues so far, but I can only test so much on my own.

Quote:

You can, but no guarantees.

sigabang  
#859 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2015 12:02:05 AM(UTC)
sigabang

Hello..iam newbie , how to set AI vs AI , id like to set the deck and enjoy they killing each other.to knows whos deck the best one. Hehehe ( I am not kidding) :)
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#860 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2015 12:09:50 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Originally Posted by: salvadorc17 Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Snarky Go to Quoted Post

Dude, make one yourself in text form and send your idea to Snarky.

EDIT: Sorry for the misinterpretation, I thought "How to duel the AI" situation again.

Edited by user Monday, October 19, 2015 12:22:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Mistake

Now this is how I play: