YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PiFace  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:57:58 AM(UTC)
PiFace

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hey guys! As I posted on a previous topic almost an year ago, I was planning to release an autocomplete plugin for the Atom text editor. And now it's done! In the end it was way simpler than my other project so I decided to finish this already.

I used ZeroBrane a lot in the past, but now I use Atom and it has nice plugins to work with Lua, so I really recommend it to work with YGOPro. You can download Atom here, then search for "lua" in Packages > Settings View > Open > Install > Install Packages. Some packages I like to use are "language-lua" and "autocomplete-lua".

Then, finally, search for "autocomplete-ygoproapi" or just "ygopro", probably my package will appear. Install it and voi la! Whenever you are in a Lua file, you get the autocomplete options for YGOPro!

Please check the README (in the last link) for a more complete explanation of the package, but here is something I would like to highlight:

Quote:

Method Calls:

If you type the name of a class followed by ., e.g. Card., you'll get all the available methods for the Card class.

However, if you want to call those methods from an object, which uses Lua syntatic sugar :, you have to name your variables according to the naming convention found in the game files: Card objects are identified by a c in the end of the name, Event objects by an e, and Group objects by a g. And all of them optionally might have numbers after this identifying letter.

So, for example, if you type e2: you get Effect methods, if you type tc: you get Card methods, and if you type eg10: you get Group methods.

I hope this feature will help us, cardmakers :D
PiFace  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2019 1:39:46 PM(UTC)
PiFace

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 14 post(s)
There was a little bug with autocomplete for static methods (Card.method, Debug.method, aux.method, etc), they were not showing up, but it's now fixed hehe