YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
47 Pages«<4243444546>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eerie Code  
#861 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 10:43:07 AM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

Was thanked: 620 time(s) in 430 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RaiZZZ19 Go to Quoted Post

Quote:
If people are too lazy to write a archtype name in the search/read the card text what can we do?
It would require ton of research and a cdb devoted only to that, and I'm not speaking of the work behind make it work with the game and to keep it up to date

I did not say include it in the search.. only in the info in the left.. and I know I'm lazy too so I know where you're coming from but I did not say its priority or it should be done in one swoop.. I don't know whose in charge of the cdb but if ever he have time he can update those cards new and old, little by little.
Honestly, I'd still say it's not worth it: we'd have to overhaul the entire structure of the databases for something that in the end would be purely cosmetic, it'd be a lot of work with basically no benefits. Not to mention that you could easily find cards that support a certain archetype simply by searching for that archetype in the search bar, so there's also no practical use for that. Overall, no, it's really not worth it...
cybercatman  
#862 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 10:54:47 AM(UTC)
cybercatman

Was thanked: 243 time(s) in 190 post(s)

Quote:
If people are too lazy to write a archtype name in the search/read the card text what can we do?
It would require ton of research and a cdb devoted only to that, and I'm not speaking of the work behind make it work with the game and to keep it up to date

I did not say include it in the search.. only in the info in the left.. and I know I'm lazy too so I know where you're coming from but I did not say its priority or it should be done in one swoop.. I don't know whose in charge of the cdb but if ever he have time he can update those cards new and old, little by little.

even in the right, it is a bit useless since you can just read the text and get what the card support...

also, the info cannot be in the cdb, since if you check the cdb data using SQLite, there is no data collumn to check for the "what this card support"
the archtype are already info of the card itself, and it work only for the archtype that have no conflict with anime original archtype (exemple: "White" or "Red")
Adding that "support list" mean creating a completly new database (or changing completly the way the existing one is made), making the game work with it, having someone checking all the existing cards 1 by 1 ( to create that database data), that mean (at the moment), 8830 official cards, and more than 13800 if you count the "not official" ones

The "archtype name" was added only because the main core added that feature along a dropbox to select the archtype in the zone where we have the "show anime card" checkbox AND the data were already existing
RaiZZZ19  
#863 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 1:21:21 PM(UTC)
RaiZZZ19

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Okay I get it.. So the main core have it because it mainly uses a dropbox that includes list of archtypes but Ygopro

Percy dont use it and instead have the show anime cards. So meaning the inclusion of the Special Summon is also

part of the main core..but I don't see also a use for it mainly because there's a filter for that and having those in the

info using the default window cuts the text.. That one I agree is not needed and not really a part of the card stats.

Can these [Special Summon] be hidden too or disabled? like hiding the replacing of archtype dropbox with show

anime cards.
cybercatman  
#864 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 3:09:11 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Okay I get it.. So the main core have it because it mainly uses a dropbox that includes list of archtypes but Ygopro

Percy dont use it and instead have the show anime cards. So meaning the inclusion of the Special Summon is also

part of the main core..but I don't see also a use for it mainly because there's a filter for that and having those in the

info using the default window cuts the text.. That one I agree is not needed and not really a part of the card stats.

Can these [Special Summon] be hidden too or disabled? like hiding the replacing of archtype dropbox with show

anime cards.

you know that "Special summon" is a OFFICIAL card type?
:wall
RaiZZZ19  
#865 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 3:29:40 PM(UTC)
RaiZZZ19

Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post

anime cards.

you know that "Special summon" is a OFFICIAL card type?
:wall

I know its official but it should not be in the left where the stats are the card is.. Can you see a Special Summon in a real card? Like ex.

Chaos Sorcerer

[Spellcaster/Effect] real card stat -> [Spellcaster|Effect|Special Summon] not even a real stat

It's not in the stats in a real card but in the effect text only :wall

Edited by user Thursday, November 23, 2017 3:35:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybercatman  
#866 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 3:40:03 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

I know its official but it should not be in the left where the stats are the card is.. Can you see a Special Summon in a real card? Like ex.

Chaos Sorcerer

[Spellcaster/Effect] real card stat -> [Spellcaster|Effect|Special Summon] not even a real stat

I guess you don't know what the "Special summon" type is...
give a look at http://yugioh.wikia.com/...i/Special_Summon_Monster

It don't appear in older proxies because It appeared clearly on cards starting ArcV era
It is like the "Effect" that don't appear on old Union monsters
RaiZZZ19  
#867 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 4:14:55 PM(UTC)
RaiZZZ19

Chaos Sorcerer

It don't appear in older proxies because It appeared clearly on cards starting ArcV era

Well I hardly noticed that when watching Arc-V but it says on the page that its only used in japan and korea as of

yet.. and aren't we using Tcg text? I don't know what to say anymore but at least fix the cutting of text on default

window.
andre060  
#868 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 4:25:03 PM(UTC)
andre060

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 73 post(s)

Chaos Sorcerer

Well I hardly noticed that when watching Arc-V but it says on the page that its only used in japan and korea as of

yet.. and aren't we using Tcg text? I don't know what to say anymore but at least fix the cutting of text on default

window.

you do notice it type and not card text?
let remove effect from old union they xP

poi
Eerie Code  
#869 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 4:29:42 PM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

window.
There's a difference between using an official translation and omitting an important aspect of the card. [Special Summon] is still a card type, so it should still be used: as andré said, that'd be like removing the Effect type from not-reprinted Unions just because it wasn't explicitly written on their proxy.
RaiZZZ19  
#870 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 4:50:31 PM(UTC)
RaiZZZ19

Originally Posted by: Eerie Code Go to Quoted Post

window.
There's a difference between using an official translation and omitting an important aspect of the card. [Special Summon] is still a card type, so it should still be used: as andré said, that'd be like removing the Effect type from not-reprinted Unions just because it wasn't explicitly written on their proxy.

I did not say I still disagree now did I? but I did say just fix the cutting of text when some cards have long stats that
using default window cuts the text like blue-eyes toon dragon.
marik  
#871 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 11:49:57 PM(UTC)
marik

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Rampaging Rhynos' errata text seems deleted from fixmisc/cdb

I already update it here
Sun4Ever2  
#872 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 9:48:22 AM(UTC)
Sun4Ever2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
is the new Steelswarm link monster going to be added or there is a problem with that card
Eerie Code  
#873 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 12:50:16 PM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

Originally Posted by: Sun4Ever2 Go to Quoted Post
is the new Steelswarm link monster going to be added or there is a problem with that card
There's an issue with the first effect, the one that restricts Extra Deck summons to a certain zone: the effect we added for "GUY Dance" can't restrict the limitations to specific monsters at the moment. We'll need a core update before it can be added.
Sun4Ever2  
#874 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 4:11:59 PM(UTC)
Sun4Ever2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There's an issue with the first effect, the one that restricts Extra Deck summons to a certain zone: the effect we added for "GUY Dance" can't restrict the limitations to specific monsters at the moment. We'll need a core update before it can be added.

so In less words we need to wait for the next update in order for add this card right?
Eerie Code  
#875 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 9:10:21 PM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

so In less words we need to wait for the next update in order for add this card right?
Precisely.
doobo  
#876 Posted : Friday, December 01, 2017 10:56:19 AM(UTC)
doobo

Israel

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
you say next core you mean non beta version ?
marik  
#877 Posted : Monday, December 04, 2017 11:42:39 AM(UTC)
marik

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Eerie Code  
#878 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 9:18:13 PM(UTC)
Eerie Code

Italy

Hello everyone! I've uploaded a bunch of the new cards from VJump: as previously stated, "Formud Skipper" won't be uploadable until the next update, but there shouldn't be issues with the other cards. For now, I've uploaded the following cards:
  • Number 5: Doom Chimera Dragon
  • Topologic Tulisbaena
  • Forceaurage the Elemental Lord
  • pretty much all "Trickstar" cards
The other cards will be added in the next few days: as usual, be patient, and we'll try to make all cards avaiable as soon as we can. For now, hae fun with what you have!
thanks 1 user thanked Eerie Code for this useful post.
CHmonte  
#879 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 6:42:40 PM(UTC)
CHmonte

What happend to the other spirit pendulum? the karate one, i want to try them in Mythical Beasts:S
razorfancy  
#880 Posted : Saturday, February 03, 2018 11:26:36 AM(UTC)
razorfancy

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello everyone! I've uploaded a bunch of the new cards from VJump: as previously stated, "Formud Skipper" won't be uploadable until the next update, but there shouldn't be issues with the other cards. For now, I've uploaded the following cards:
  • Number 5: Doom Chimera Dragon
  • Topologic Tulisbaena
  • Forceaurage the Elemental Lord
  • pretty much all "Trickstar" cards
The other cards will be added in the next few days: as usual, be patient, and we'll try to make all cards avaiable as soon as we can. For now, hae fun with what you have!

Can you please update the TCG Banlist?

Going into effect on Feb 5, 2018.

NEWLY FORBIDDEN
Blackwing – Gofu the Vague Shadow
Dandylion
Double Iris Magician
Level Eater
Maxx “C”
Performapal Skullcrobat Joker

NEWLY LIMITED
Apoqliphort Towers
Grinder Golem