YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GoggleHat  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:29:46 PM(UTC)
GoggleHat

United States

I'm not certain if this is a bug or something I'm not getting regarding link summon.

I was in a game against a Dark World deck, nothing on the field limited summoning and on my opponent's EP I activated the 2nd effect of Recoded Alive in my graveyard which resurrected my banished Excode Talker. I then normal summoned Widget Kid from my hand, didn't play his effect, and aimed to use Excode and Kid to link summon Transcode Talker which only requires 2+ Effect monsters and has a Link Number 3. It wouldn't let me summon anything that required effect monsters using Excode and Widget. It gave me the choice to play Link Monsters that needed only Cyberse monsters or link monsters that required no specific monsters (i.e. Firewall Dragon, Proxy Dragon, etc.) But not Transcode Talker, Decode Talker, or anything that needed effect monsters.

I'm not certain, but this seems like a glitch from where I'm standing. But I don't know if the problem is Excode, Widget, or Recoded Alive
doobo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:11:53 PM(UTC)
doobo

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Upload replay please
GoggleHat  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:33:34 PM(UTC)
GoggleHat

United States

Originally Posted by: doobo Go to Quoted Post
Upload replay please

Here's the other replay.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:59:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
2018-03-13 16-49-08.yrp (1kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
GoggleHat  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:58:25 PM(UTC)
GoggleHat

United States

Okay, here's a replay of the start of a game in which I managed to play Transcode, Excode, and Widget. Then I tried to play Decode Talker using both Excode and Widget Kid, but it wouldn't let me. Nor would it let me use Transcode and Widget Kid. In order to play it I had to use all three even though Decode only needs at least 2 if their link numbers equal or exceed Decode's. Right? Or does the total number need to equal the summoned link monster's number exactly even if with other link monsters?

Edited by user Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:16:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

hexanort  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:07:22 PM(UTC)
hexanort

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Link monster can only be treated as multiple materials for link summon EQUAL to their link rating, for example Excode is a LINK-3, so you can treat is as 3 monster, or as 1 monster for a link summon. AND you can only Link Summon by sending number of materials EQUAL to the link rating of the monster you would summon.

Transcode is a LINK-3, you need 3 materials worth of monster to summon it, nothing more nothing less, if you have Excode and 1 other monster, then your choice to link summon is a LINK-2 (using 1 monster+treating transcode as 1 monster), or a LINK-4 (using 1 monster+treating transcode as 3 materials).
thanks 1 user thanked hexanort for this useful post.