YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EmeraldKingDS  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 3:18:22 PM(UTC)
EmeraldKingDS

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/8/2017(UTC)
Posts: 34

I do not care what the wikia says, Obelisk's effects that destroy monsters and give it infinite atk are separate. In the anime only 1 or the other was used at a time. Also, along with the issues all the gods have, the game crashes if you us his effect during the opponent's battle phase. These are really big issues. Also in the new movie, Obelisk's effect was changed to simply inflicting damage equal to its atk and not destroying or giving it infinite atk. I watched the anime and movie so I know what it does. And not only should it only be negated by ivy bind castle for more than one turn, but should also only be negated by vanilla mode for 1 turn. Also, its effect that returns it back to the location it was special summoned should never be negated. It also says when referring to the returning effect "except the deck" so it should not return there if that was where it was special summoned from. The same of these thins goes for Ra as it shares these effects. A problem I have seen with Ra is that it lacks its "instant attack" ability to let it attack the turn it is special summoned regardless of card effects and rules. Cards like battle city and threatening roar still prevent it from attacking the turn it is special summoned.
Boss233  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 7:34:29 PM(UTC)
Boss233

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 4/5/2017(UTC)
Posts: 27

Thanks: 7 times
Just like you are complaining and asking them to make Obelisk's effect weaker so you can deal with it,i want them to make their actual anime effects...I agree with you when you say they have some issues,and i know they might be a little more overpowered than they are now,but simply me and most people want their more accurate effects despite the fact that we might end up facing them and then not be able to defeat them...I think other spells or traps should only affect them until the end phase,no matter if they negate the effects pernamently like ivy bind or such cards.Also i'm pretty sure other cards that ought to make them leave the field are not supposed to work as well,no matter if they are targeting or not..and those effects that are making other cards work only for one turn should never be negated too..They made anime gods much more op and a little inaccurate before but now some of those old effects should be stated in their card text just like before
larry126  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 1:39:07 AM(UTC)
larry126

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 9/13/2015(UTC)
Posts: 7
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is something I mentioned in Discord server but not in the forum Xp
So firstly, I should probably start with mentioning that the effect of anime gods are actually strictly following the manga effect to the higher consistency and originality.
The problems regards the unique effect of Obelisk and Slifer + the instant attack of Ra all have been noticed already and currently under fixing, they will soon be updated within 1 or 2 weeks for sure
However, whether the negation lasts 1 turn or permanently is still under discussion and hasn't come to a conclusion yet due to the lack of evidence anywhere.
Also, the immunity regards removal was noticed as well and currently under debates due to the fact that the manga only mentioned they cannot be destroyed by effect.
I wish these information would help ^_^ it would be much more appreciated if you provide evidence (from manga) in order to prove your points as so they are more convincing and likely to be accepted


Originally Posted by: EmeraldKingDS Go to Quoted Post
I do not care what the wikia says, Obelisk's effects that destroy monsters and give it infinite atk are separate. In the anime only 1 or the other was used at a time. Also, along with the issues all the gods have, the game crashes if you us his effect during the opponent's battle phase. These are really big issues. Also in the new movie, Obelisk's effect was changed to simply inflicting damage equal to its atk and not destroying or giving it infinite atk. I watched the anime and movie so I know what it does. And not only should it only be negated by ivy bind castle for more than one turn, but should also only be negated by vanilla mode for 1 turn. Also, its effect that returns it back to the location it was special summoned should never be negated. It also says when referring to the returning effect "except the deck" so it should not return there if that was where it was special summoned from. The same of these thins goes for Ra as it shares these effects. A problem I have seen with Ra is that it lacks its "instant attack" ability to let it attack the turn it is special summoned regardless of card effects and rules. Cards like battle city and threatening roar still prevent it from attacking the turn it is special summoned.


By the way, can you provide more detailed description or possibly a replay on in which situation Obelisk's infinitely Attack causes Crash in Ygopro since I haven't received any similar reports like this before. It could be a result of interaction with multiple effects.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 09, 2017 1:44:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Boss233  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 10:43:15 AM(UTC)
Boss233

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 4/5/2017(UTC)
Posts: 27

Thanks: 7 times
So you are saying that they are using manga effects instead of anime to avoid inaccuration or something like that right?I started reading manga yesterday so i'm on my way to check those effects anyway..And yeah,about Obelisk crashing the game,well it happens to me as well but for last 2 weeks i play with ai so i don't know if that happens against real players
Boss233  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 10:52:59 AM(UTC)
Boss233

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 4/5/2017(UTC)
Posts: 27

Thanks: 7 times
About Obelisk's effects,well if we are talking about anime,as far as i know,when Kaiba dueled Yugi,he said that Obelisk uses 2 monsters as sacrifices,then destroys everything "in its path" and inflicts 4000 points of damage..If you are wondering why wasn't Slifer destroyed by that effect,its probably because it can only be destroyed with Ra just like Obelisk,and Yugi then reduced the damage to 0 with Kuriboh..So i think it's effect lets you choose either these two effects together,or the effect where he destroys everything and gains infinite attack,or maybe it should have just one of these effects,in case that we are talking about manga,effect about infinite attack should prob stay,and if we talk about anime,then the first one i mentioned
larry126  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:55:11 AM(UTC)
larry126

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 9/13/2015(UTC)
Posts: 7
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Boss233 Go to Quoted Post
About Obelisk's effects,well if we are talking about anime,as far as i know,when Kaiba dueled Yugi,he said that Obelisk uses 2 monsters as sacrifices,then destroys everything "in its path" and inflicts 4000 points of damage..If you are wondering why wasn't Slifer destroyed by that effect,its probably because it can only be destroyed with Ra just like Obelisk,and Yugi then reduced the damage to 0 with Kuriboh..So i think it's effect lets you choose either these two effects together,or the effect where he destroys everything and gains infinite attack,or maybe it should have just one of these effects,in case that we are talking about manga,effect about infinite attack should prob stay,and if we talk about anime,then the first one i mentioned


As I have said, the udapted effect was decided. Obelisk will have 2 effects, one is rageiki + damage, the other one is infinity attack. Both has been shown in manga seperately.
darclly  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 10:42:56 PM(UTC)
darclly

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/15/2014(UTC)
Posts: 35

Thanks: 17 times
There are no player. Knows egyptians god cards then me m first one that was since 2004 years
EmeraldKingDS  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 3:04:57 PM(UTC)
EmeraldKingDS

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/8/2017(UTC)
Posts: 34

I know his effect didnt destroy and raise atk in the anime since in pyramid of light, in the simulation, when Kaiba raised his ultimate dragon to 9000 with megamorph and Yugi tributed 2 monsters to raise Obelisk to infinite atk, Ultimate Dragon was not destroyed and Kaiba used ultimate dragon to attack despite not having enough ATK. In the movie Dark Side Of Dimensions Obelisk tributes 2 monsters to inflict damage equal to its ATK, no destruction, no atk Gain, and the only protection shown was that its effects could not be negated and its ATK could not be lowered.
yuseilight  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 6:20:19 PM(UTC)
yuseilight

Rank: Member

Joined: 3/21/2016(UTC)
Posts: 43

Thanks: 17 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Obelisk has 2 main Effect.
During either player's turn;You can tribute 2 other monsters;and Choose 1 Effect
1- Destroy All monsters your opponent and inflict damage 4000 Life Points.If you use this effect;This card cannot attack this turn.
2-This card's Atk become Infinity until the End of Battle Phase

(Note:And If Gods special summon by Trap cards;They dont't go Graveyard in the End Phase)

Edited by user Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:35:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

larry126  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 7:21:51 PM(UTC)
larry126

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 9/13/2015(UTC)
Posts: 7
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: yuseilight Go to Quoted Post
Obelisk has 2 main Effect.
During either player's turn;You can tribute 2 other monsters;and Choose 1 Effect
1- Destroy All monsters your opponent and inflict damage 4000 Life Points.If you use this effect;This card cannot attack this turn.
2-This card's Atk become Infinity until the End Phase

(Note:And If Gods special summon by Monster/Trap cards;They dont't go Graveyard in the End Phase)


Firstly, Infinity ATK only during Battle Phase (suggested in Yugioh R), also it only lasts for the Special Attack that the effect flows into (due to the fact that Inifinite ATK is over before the end of turn against Ra).
Secondly, it is inflicting damage equal to its ATK (suggested by DSOD), and there is no prove it cannot attack the same turn.
Thirdly, `And If Gods special summon by Monster/Trap cards;They dont't go Graveyard in the End Phase` there is no prove for this in Manga, so as far as we are considering, it always goes back to wherever it comes from at the end of the turn.
Boss233  
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 6:46:24 PM(UTC)
Boss233

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 4/5/2017(UTC)
Posts: 27

Thanks: 7 times
Larry,i just noticed that Gods' and Wicked Gods' effect states:"Other card effects are only applied on this card for 1 turn(aka until the end phase).This effect cannot be negated".I wanna ask if it states that it cannot be negated,why cards like ivy bind still work after 1 turn?Is that just some mistake in cards' text or it is a bug that will be fixed?
Boss233  
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 6:51:21 PM(UTC)
Boss233

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 4/5/2017(UTC)
Posts: 27

Thanks: 7 times
Larry,i just noticed that Gods' and Wicked Gods' effect states:"Other card effects are only applied on this card for 1 turn(aka until the end phase).This effect cannot be negated".I wanna ask if it states that it cannot be negated,why cards like ivy bind still work after 1 turn?Is that just some mistake in cards' text or it is a bug that will be fixed?And please inform us when you fix those effects
yuseilight  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 5:55:36 PM(UTC)
yuseilight

Rank: Member

Joined: 3/21/2016(UTC)
Posts: 43

Thanks: 17 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: larry126 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: yuseilight Go to Quoted Post
Obelisk has 2 main Effect.
During either player's turn;You can tribute 2 other monsters;and Choose 1 Effect
1- Destroy All monsters your opponent and inflict damage 4000 Life Points.If you use this effect;This card cannot attack this turn.
2-This card's Atk become Infinity until the End Phase

(Note:And If Gods special summon by Monster/Trap cards;They dont't go Graveyard in the End Phase)


Firstly, Infinity ATK only during Battle Phase (suggested in Yugioh R), also it only lasts for the Special Attack that the effect flows into (due to the fact that Inifinite ATK is over before the end of turn against Ra).
Secondly, it is inflicting damage equal to its ATK (suggested by DSOD), and there is no prove it cannot attack the same turn.
Thirdly, `And If Gods special summon by Monster/Trap cards;They dont't go Graveyard in the End Phase` there is no prove for this in Manga, so as far as we are considering, it always goes back to wherever it comes from at the end of the turn.


No...They are Anime/Manga REFERANCES..You should watch Battle city and episode 221..Yami Special summon Slifer..
If Gods Special Summon by ONLY SPELL CARDS they go Graveyard in the End Phase

Edited by user Tuesday, August 22, 2017 5:58:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Septimoangel  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:37:07 PM(UTC)
Septimoangel

Rank: Member

Joined: 1/31/2014(UTC)
Posts: 40

Thanks: 8 times
Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 10 post(s)
To clarify SOME errors of the effects of the cards of Egyptian Gods can be directed to this page where they can clarify some of the doubts about the effect of the three Divine Beasts in TV Anime of Yugioh http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/God-Cards

Edited by user Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:52:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Septimoangel for this useful post.
yuseilight  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:34:53 PM(UTC)
yuseilight

Rank: Member

Joined: 3/21/2016(UTC)
Posts: 43

Thanks: 17 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Septimoangel Go to Quoted Post
To clarify SOME errors of the effects of the cards of Egyptian Gods can be directed to this page where they can clarify some of the doubts about the effect of the three Divine Beasts in TV Anime of Yugioh http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/God-Cards


Yes.

"
The effects of Monster and/or Spell Cards can only affect God Cards for one turn. This was first revealed by Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh! manga Duel 236 and anime episode 97.
e.g., if you use the Spell Card "Monster Reborn" (effect: Special Summon from either player's Graveyard 1 monster into your side of the field) to resurrect Ra, it will be sent back to the Graveyard at the end of the turn that you use "Monster Reborn"'.

If Gods Summon by trap card;Won't go Graveyard End Phase

Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error