YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Orinyathxa  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2020 3:22:33 PM(UTC)
Orinyathxa

Time to time, I script some of my custom card ideas into YGOPro, just for fun. Here is the effect of the last card I’ve been working on.

“Choose 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck; Tribute 1 monster you control with the same Type and that is an appropriate Fusion Material for that Fusion Monster, and if you do, Special Summon it.”

Which means, in short, you can perform a ‘Fusion Summon’ using only 1 of the needed materials as long as both the Fusion Monster and the Fusion Material are the same type.

Here is an example. Let’s say you want to summon El Shaddoll Construct with this card. You have to tribute 1 monster you control and first; the monster must be the same type as Construct(which is Fairy) and second; it must be an appropriate Fusion Material for Construct (which are light monsters and Shaddol monsters). So the monster you are going to tribute must be an either Fairy-Type Shaddoll monster (which doesn’t exist for now) or a Light Fairy-Type monster. It might seem complicated but it’s actually pretty simple when you get the concept.

There are other restrictions I added in sake of balance but I won’t go through them to keep the problem simple. So, I started coding and got the “same type” restriction right. But I’m stuck at the “must be a appropriate fusion material” restriction. All the fusion functions that are coded in YGOPro takes all required fusion materials into account. But my card needs only 1 of the required materials. I checked script of The Eye of Timaeus which has the clossest efect to my card’s. Unlike other legendary dragon spells, it actually checks if the targeted monster can be used as material for the fusion monster you are about to summon. But it does the check by simply checking if the code of the material is listed as material in fusion monster, since Timaeus requires the NAME of the monster to be listed as material. But my card is supposed to accept all Light Fairy-Type monsters as material for construct, for example. So code checking won’t do it.
I’ve spent days but I just couldn’t find a way to check if AT LEAST 1 of the materials of a fusion monster exists, or to check if a selected monster can be used as a fusion material for the selected fusion monster.

So, this is the problem. I really appreciate it if you read it this far. Please share if you have any solution or just an tiny idea that might be helpful. I got obsessed with this card and won’t find peace till I got it working…

Edited by user Saturday, February 08, 2020 3:25:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybercatman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2020 4:02:59 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Was thanked: 269 time(s) in 216 post(s)
try to check Dis-Swing Fusion if that help you, it is the closest effect i can think of
thanks 1 user thanked cybercatman for this useful post.
Orinyathxa  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 10:04:53 PM(UTC)
Orinyathxa

Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
try to check Dis-Swing Fusion if that help you, it is the closest effect i can think of

Sorry for the late update. It definetly did. Dis-Swing Fusion creates a token for the other material and I never could think of that or find that card on my own. Thank you so much.