YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
28 Pages«<1516171819>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Padraigo  
#321 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:54:19 AM(UTC)
Padraigo

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 165 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Loluthinks Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hexanort Go to Quoted Post
Q: Can you use Tokens and Trap Monsters as Materials for a Link Summon?
A: If they meet the material requirements, you may use Tokens and Trap Monster as Materials for Link Summoning.

so yeah, tokens can be used as link, Buy your Gofu/Scapegoat now XD

they can be used for link summon, but only if the link monster states it need tokens for its summoning, most of link monsters use effect monsters as link materials, other need normal monster, some need gemini, toon, spirit, union, etc, some will even need ritual, fusion ,syncho xyz or pendulum, some need trap and magic, but i can say you, only a few of them will ever use token monster.

On the other hand, they basically said what we already knew more orless, special summoning not from extra deck most it go to main field, but from extra deck it go to extra monster zone, unless you have link markets pointing to main monster zones, so you can use those as well.

At the end, the impact of the new rules is not too much, you just need to change your style and some cards and thats all, i dont know why almost all people out there are crying about, you can even summon quasar, so all is possible with new rules.

Wrong! You go back and re read what they said. I dont know what crystal ball you are using to see the future. But you might want to give it a bit of a clean.
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Padraigo for this useful post.
captainlegal  
#322 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 4:04:32 PM(UTC)
captainlegal

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Q: If Special Summoned an Extra Deck Monster normally, and it goes to the Graveyard, and I want to Special Summon it with “Monster Reborn”, which Zone does it go to?
A: It goes into the Main Monster Zone, not the Extra Monster Zone.

Q: Can you use “Book of Moon” on Link Monsters?
A: Link Monsters cannot ever exist in face-down Defense Position, so you cannot target them with “Book of Moon”.

Q: If your opponent’s only monster is in their Extra Monster Zone, can you attack them directly?
A: If there’s a monster in the Extra Monster Zone, unless some kind of effect is in play, you would have to attack that monster first.

Q: Can you destroy 2 Set Spell & Trap Cards in your Left Most and Right Most Spell & Trap Zones with “Wavering Eyes”?
A: The Left Most and Right Most Spell & Trap Zones are regular Spell & Trap Zones, and do not become Pendulum Zones unless you activate a Pendulum Card in them, or if a Pendulum Card is placed in them by a card effect. A Set Spell & Trap Card in either of those Zones cannot be destroyed by “Wavering Eyes”.

Q: After you have Summoned them properly, when you revive an Extra Deck Monster with “Monster Reborn”, which Zone do you put them in?
A: You Special Summon it in a Main Monster Zone, not an Extra Monster Zone.

Q: If you target an opponent’s monster in the Extra Monster Zone with “Mind Control”, what happens?
A: It goes to your Main Monster Zone. When control returns to your opponent, it returns to their Main Monster Zone as well.

A: If they meet the material requirements, you may use Tokens and Trap Monster as Materials for Link Summoning.
Johnny Eagle  
#323 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:42:37 PM(UTC)
Johnny Eagle

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Laxusrichy Go to Quoted Post
old field will just be a whimp, you cant even upload videos to youtube using old field because is already obsolete, old things make people feel nostalgia, like obama, nobody like trump, but he is the president of usa, so deal with it, 1000 marchs and manifestations will not change that, the wall will be builded and nobody cant change that, link summon and new field are here for stay, you can keep playing your old field all you want, but if you keep holding to your old glories, you will never progress, if you are youtuber and you like to spamm monsters on videos, your reproductions will be less than 100, because people want new, vrains is the new, arc-v is the old, people need to deal with it and stop cry.

The question is not just that. I understand your example. But let's suppose I want to make Yusei vs Yusaku. Yusei's deck can no longer be 100% original because you have to put a Monster Link at least on his extra deck to run your moves, but Yusei does not have a Monster Link on his original deck. But what I and many of us are discussing and wanting here, is not to prevent the new rules (because, there is no way to prevent this), but to implement the old rules also as available for when I want to duel with a deck without Link . I may find these new rules rather strange, but I will want to play those new rules as well, but I want to have the option of being able to play with the old rules if I want to. That neither they have already done in the current YgoPro: "First Turn Draw" and "Field Replacement Destruction". And I think there will still be people wanting to see duels with old characters. Of course this is just my opinion.

all decks get outdated with the time, you cant even play with the yugi's deck on these days, is almost imposible to win, yusei's deck is also outdates, the ruth is, character decks can only win on anime, lets face it, some of the card they use are just useless, just like yuya's deck, you cant have a character deck 100% original if you want a good duel, but if you ad at least 15% of links to yusei's deck, then you may have somthing without compromising the integrity of the character's deck, basically, the new rules, summons and mechanics what do is bring back the true and original concept of the game, "think before act", not "spamm many as you can" who ruined the game for more than a decade, and i can bet you anything, in 2 or 3 months you will already forget old rules existed, because you will be on love with the new ones.

And I can guarantee you that will absolutely under no circumstances be the case for me
thanks 1 user thanked Johnny Eagle for this useful post.
hexanort  
#324 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 6:05:45 AM(UTC)
hexanort

Indonesia

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 133 post(s)
Hmm....they hit Gofu and Barrage , what else we got that can be used for easy no NS link? terrortop invoker combo is there, and there's also one for one -> Neptabyss/Abyssdine combo, but i cant think anything else that doesnt require NS and can be done first turn

EDIT: Scracth the Abyssdine combo, i didnt know neptabyss can only search atlantean, but you can still dump dragoons to search Abyssteus for same result

Edited by user Friday, March 17, 2017 6:38:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Romkin  
#325 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 7:57:47 PM(UTC)
Romkin

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Padraigo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hexanort Go to Quoted Post

so yeah, tokens can be used as link, Buy your Gofu/Scapegoat now XD

they can be used for link summon, but only if the link monster states it need tokens for its summoning, most of link monsters use effect monsters as link materials, other need normal monster, some need gemini, toon, spirit, union, etc, some will even need ritual, fusion ,syncho xyz or pendulum, some need trap and magic, but i can say you, only a few of them will ever use token monster.

On the other hand, they basically said what we already knew more orless, special summoning not from extra deck most it go to main field, but from extra deck it go to extra monster zone, unless you have link markets pointing to main monster zones, so you can use those as well.

At the end, the impact of the new rules is not too much, you just need to change your style and some cards and thats all, i dont know why almost all people out there are crying about, you can even summon quasar, so all is possible with new rules.

Wrong! You go back and re read what they said. I dont know what crystal ball you are using to see the future. But you might want to give it a bit of a clean.

Let me paint you a picture for Gofu (not going to bother with scapegoat as that is a bad card don't run bad cards)

Special Summon Gofu from hand, use it's effect to summon 2 Tokens.

Use Token 1 For Link Spider, use Link Spider effect to play Bittron (cause why not). use bitron to play a 2nd Link Spider.

Send Gofu and Both Link Spider to graveyard to play Decode Talker.

Now you have a Decode Talker with 1 Token linked to it for it's effect of a 2800 beater. and you still have your normal summon. Play another monster and play Proxy Dragon (assuming it requires just 2 monsters)

Alternatively you can play Gofu gain both tokens normal summon a monster and play Firewall Dragon.

That is just how powerful Gofu can be

(PS only quoted you cause was too lazy to go back a page to quote the right person, but this is to Loluthink or whatever.

Edited by user Friday, March 17, 2017 7:58:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Loluthinks  
#326 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 11:31:38 PM(UTC)
Loluthinks

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
yes, gofu is powerful, but that was only a question to konami, now we know tokens can be used, it doesnt mean all link monsters will be better using tokens for it, is not the best way to do that, is cheap yes but not the best way, what i see is people is trying to in some way keep using old strategies with old cards for new era, when what you should be doing is creating new strategies with new cards, i believe all you are good duelists, and you should have enough imagination to figure it out what you will do to evolve your decks, i already did it with my cyber style deck and i will reveal my new power when the new ygopro be released, i hope all of you be ready to to face me in battle and enjoy this game again like we has been doing all these years.
barfour  
#327 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 6:09:40 AM(UTC)
barfour

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
yes, gofu is powerful, but that was only a question to konami, now we know tokens can be used, it doesnt mean all link monsters will be better using tokens for it, is not the best way to do that, is cheap yes but not the best way, what i see is people is trying to in some way keep using old strategies with old cards for new era, when what you should be doing is creating new strategies with new cards, i believe all you are good duelists, and you should have enough imagination to figure it out what you will do to evolve your decks, i already did it with my cyber style deck and i will reveal my new power when the new ygopro be released, i hope all of you be ready to to face me in battle and enjoy this game again like we has been doing all these years.

Please tell me what happend when I was absent.
Any new updates from the developers about Link ?
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#328 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 7:19:09 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Philippines

Was thanked: 1326 time(s) in 1073 post(s)
Originally Posted by: barfour Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Michael Lawrence Dee Go to Quoted Post
Whoever's way too excited for this mechanic to get added in-game way too early, they're a jerk. I do not handle the core but I'm sure it's difficult to implement. I suggest asking again when they'll be added, on at least July.

Now this is how I play:
hexanort  
#329 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:24:01 AM(UTC)
hexanort

Indonesia

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 133 post(s)
Whoever's way too excited for this mechanic to get added in-game way too early, they're a jerk. I do not handle the core but I'm sure it's difficult to implement. I suggest asking again when they'll be added, on at least July.

Ouch that's long :( , well i guess its understandable with how different the mechanic is. but still, i'm way too hyped to wait that long, guess i'll have to search for alternatives in the meantime

Good Luck scripting the mechanic :thup
Padraigo  
#330 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 11:31:32 AM(UTC)
Padraigo

They said that you are in charge of scripting the new mechanic. You better get to work.
UserPostedImage
Loluthinks  
#331 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 7:56:18 PM(UTC)
Loluthinks

Whoever's way too excited for this mechanic to get added in-game way too early, they're a jerk. I do not handle the core but I'm sure it's difficult to implement. I suggest asking again when they'll be added, on at least July, thats why i will stay my girlfriend, i will quit my job and i will buy a six pack of red bull in order to stick to my pc and dont go out of my chair until this new mechanism be implemented..

Loluthinks  
#332 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 7:57:41 PM(UTC)
Loluthinks

Whoever's way too excited for this mechanic to get added in-game way too early, they're a jerk. I do not handle the core but I'm sure it's difficult to implement. I suggest asking again when they'll be added, on at least July, thats why i will stay my girlfriend, i will quit my job and i will buy a six pack of red bull in order to stick to my pc and dont go out of my chair until this new mechanism be implemented.

Loluthinks  
#333 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 8:04:51 PM(UTC)
Loluthinks

Yugioh Vrains Info - Yusaku's Real Link Ace Monster “Firewall Dragon”, Female Lead, Premiers 5/17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWWd8fdFkL0
marik  
#334 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 11:03:22 PM(UTC)
marik

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 30 post(s)
btw could I use 2 link monster on the field to special Summon another link monster???

ex : 2 Misus Radiant to ss Firewall dragon

tnx
CDysonSphere  
#335 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 11:50:28 PM(UTC)
CDysonSphere

Australia

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
As long as you meet the summoning requirements. Firewall Dragon is a Link 4 and requires at least 2 monsters to Link Summon, so using 2 Missus Radiant would work. :thup
marik  
#336 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:27:13 AM(UTC)
marik

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Fluoro already implement ygopro with new rule (extra monster zone), I hope percy also make it

https://github.com/Fluorohydride/ygopro-core

https://github.com/Fluorohydride/ygopro
doobo  
#337 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:51:55 AM(UTC)
doobo

Israel

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by: Michael Lawrence Dee
Whoever's way too excited for this mechanic to get added in-game way too early, they're a jerk. I do not handle the core but I'm sure it's difficult to implement. I suggest asking again when they'll be added, on at least July, thats why i will stay my girlfriend, i will quit my job and i will buy a six pack of red bull in order to stick to my pc and dont go out of my chair until this new mechanism be implemented..

are you joking right when you say this ?

Quote:
will stay my girlfriend, i will quit my job and i will buy a six pack of red bull in order to stick to my pc and dont go out of my chair until this new mechanism be implemented

Michael Lawrence Dee  
#338 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:17:47 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Philippines

Was thanked: 1326 time(s) in 1073 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doobo Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by: Michael Lawrence Dee

are you joking right when you say this ?

Quote:
will stay my girlfriend, i will quit my job and i will buy a six pack of red bull in order to stick to my pc and dont go out of my chair until this new mechanism be implemented

People can't be this blind to scroll up right?

This is the original message, learn to scroll up and see how I typed it.

Now this is how I play:
Padraigo  
#339 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:24:38 AM(UTC)
Padraigo

People need to chill out and realise this program is free. The devs dont get paid to do this. It will be updated when it is updated, that is all the time frame you need to know.

Also, MLD isnt the man handling the link summons. Leave the guy alone. Go bother him in the anime section. Thats his area.
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked Padraigo for this useful post.
Tea82  
#340 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:25:03 AM(UTC)
Tea82

Was thanked: 310 time(s) in 231 post(s)
Well personal for me the more late the ygopro percy team release it the better knowing that also they make a lot of tests with summon link mechanic before release-add it on ygopro percy and that's way when finally ygopro percy have the summon link then we are able to play it with the more less bugs as possible!!;) Well until july 20 I hope there is enough time in order to make-test the summon link mechanic depending on the fact that when the summon link is available for real life then perhaps is the correct time to release it probably first for the japanese ygopro ads and some days later for ygopro percy too!!:)
thanks 2 users thanked Tea82 for this useful post.