YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FlashJackie  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 9:55:23 PM(UTC)
FlashJackie

this is so dumb. I lose the game because i bricked or my opponent opend well, and im forced to watch him?

why?

i mean i will not watch him anyway, i will just timeout every time this happens.

nice, fun and fiar, in this well balanced cardgame.

pls fix this devs, this is just silly.

Edited by moderator Friday, December 22, 2017 10:28:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

hexanort  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 12:41:40 AM(UTC)
hexanort

Indonesia

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 149 post(s)
were you playing tag? because indeed in tag there is no surrender button. (for some reason i cant understand, surrender is an actual mechanic, there should be no reason to exclude it). If not then it might just be lag of some kind

FlashJackie  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 3:55:15 PM(UTC)
FlashJackie

No, i play singels and when i click surrender, the game says that i cant surrender in my first turn.
and thats BS, because the player who starts wins like 70% of the time.

the real problem is, timeing out is still faster than watch my opponent playing. the combos are just way to long this days.
pls let me surrender in my first turn, and stop wasting my time.
hexanort  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 6:25:40 PM(UTC)
hexanort

Indonesia

i dont think you're playing this version of ygopro, because you can surrender turn 1 just fine in this ver.
Ultimate_Nova_X  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 12:17:34 AM(UTC)
Ultimate_Nova_X

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 41 post(s)
To be frank, if this the attitude you have when you play this game, this game probably isn't for you.
Rendy04  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 1:03:46 AM(UTC)
Rendy04

Why not just close the program?
Rendy04  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 1:08:59 AM(UTC)
Rendy04

Originally Posted by: Ultimate_Nova_X Go to Quoted Post
To be frank, if this the attitude you have when you play this game, this game probably isn't for you.

I'd rather play against unscripted AIs but still put up decent fights like Jim Cook, Bakura, Marik, Kaiba and Yami Yugi so many times than watching my online opponent rekt me when I know after one particular move I would obviously lose. Enough with all of these a win is a win decks and annoying plays already!

Ultimate_Nova_X  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:04:52 AM(UTC)
Ultimate_Nova_X

Originally Posted by: Rendy04 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ultimate_Nova_X Go to Quoted Post

I'd rather play against unscripted AIs but still put up decent fights like Jim Cook, Bakura, Marik, Kaiba and Yami Yugi so many times than watching my online opponent rekt me when I know after one particular move I would obviously lose. Enough with all of these a win is a win decks and annoying plays already!

Once again, the game probably isn't for you.
User is suspended until 12/8/4755 9:58:09 PM(UTC) Ybcheap  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:53:27 AM(UTC)
Ybcheap

To be honest leaving during a tag is lame
Gideon9999  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:24:58 AM(UTC)
Gideon9999

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If your playing on the Gideon server (my server), the server disallows you to surrender turn 1 and 2, and punishes you on turn 3. Point of the system is to give players a chance to play out their stuff and when rank is added, to prevent abuse of gaining elo easy.
It is a system I do wish to improve on but cannot at this time.
hexanort  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 3:31:38 PM(UTC)
hexanort

Indonesia

Originally Posted by: Gideon9999 Go to Quoted Post
If your playing on the Gideon server (my server), the server disallows you to surrender turn 1 and 2, and punishes you on turn 3. Point of the system is to give players a chance to play out their stuff and when rank is added, to prevent abuse of gaining elo easy.

Oh i didnt realize that gideon beta that's on the server selection is an actual server, that explain why i dont know about this. Good thing i'm playing in Non-Rated server so there's no need to worry about points

There you have it OP, play in non-rater server if you want to surrender/quit easily
Ultimate_Nova_X  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 1:46:06 AM(UTC)
Ultimate_Nova_X

Originally Posted by: Gideon9999 Go to Quoted Post

Better than what Percy has, which is effectively nothing.

In all honesty, I don't mind if card updates are slower for a little bit if it means they can improve the user experience.
hexanort  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 6:28:20 AM(UTC)
hexanort

Indonesia

Good thing percy has nothing (at least on USA/EU), why would you prevent surrender, you dont do that IRL, no one should have the obligation to continue playing if they dont want to. Just give a duel loss normally
Rendy04  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 11:06:29 AM(UTC)
Rendy04

@Ultimate_Nova_X Just that? What a lame reply! At least make as essay as to why is it necessary for all of us classic players to update our decks for this has become 2 fast 2 furious chaotic card game especially for events. I don't hate every new cards. If I am, why would I add 6 kaijus with different stats for my coin toolbox deck but no access for Kaiju counters? It is because it has RISK, unlike some cheap arses effects and nonsense summoning mechanics like most Synchros until Links monsters. I used to be HERO player but then decided to go to Coin Toolbox because of how easy to sometimes to spam fusion and non fusion HERO monsters on my side. 3x HERO Signal + Woodsman + Ocean formula is why. I know that formula is nothing for meta slaves like you, but it is still too much for me. I'd rather win once per day but very satisfied than win countless times per day but I will not satisfied.

Edited by user Friday, January 12, 2018 11:09:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Michael Lawrence Dee  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 3:43:24 PM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Philippines

Was thanked: 1332 time(s) in 1076 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hexanort Go to Quoted Post

There you have it OP, play in non-rater server if you want to surrender/quit easily

Gid's server isn't rated though. Is it?
Now this is how I play:
hexanort  
#16 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 6:54:27 PM(UTC)
hexanort

Indonesia

Originally Posted by: Michael Lawrence Dee Go to Quoted Post

Gid's server isn't rated though. Is it?

It isnt? i have no idea cause i never tried it and just assume it is because its similiar to checkmate
Ultimate_Nova_X  
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:59:04 AM(UTC)
Ultimate_Nova_X

Good thing percy has nothing (at least on USA/EU), why would you prevent surrender, you dont do that IRL, no one should have the obligation to continue playing if they dont want to. Just give a duel loss normally

Actually in official OCG duels, your opponent would actually have to accept your surrender for it to go through. Of course, I won't advocate that in Percy since it'd be too harsh.

But on the other side of the extreme, people who come here just to play rock-paper-scissors and waste the time of the people who actually want to duel shouldn't be allowed either.

I advocate surrendering on turn 3, no penalty. That way, at least both players would get a turn. Surrendering on turn 3 won't get a punishment. So a little bit more lax than Gideon.

The only problem is if people open their task manager. This apparently caused problems with the earliest versions of Percy since it didn't allow surrendering until turn 5 (which I believe are also based on real official OCG duels), but people would force-close the program and it would freeze for the opponent on the other side.

Those with a sharper mind might notice I'm advocating this to fight against trolls who are here just to play jan-ken-pon, and not so much against people who know they lost by turn 2. Unfortunately, we have no way to differentiate between the two types of people, so I'm advocating the utilitarian option. Overall experience, I believe, will be improved if there is some restriction.
hexanort  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 5:27:31 AM(UTC)
hexanort

Indonesia

Only in match duel that its required for your opponent to accept your surrender for game loss (instead of match loss) so if you want to implement that then go ahead. But regardless of intention, really there's shouldnt be any restriction that forces you to continue playing when you dont, a lot of people has strong aversion against some deck and they want to quit immediately when faced with one, that's fine, some people only want to play if they good hand to make cool combo, and just quit if they dont, that's perfectly fine too. etc.
Ultimate_Nova_X  
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 6:49:00 AM(UTC)
Ultimate_Nova_X

Only in match duel that its required for your opponent to accept your surrender for game loss (instead of match loss) so if you want to implement that then go ahead. But regardless of intention, really there's shouldnt be any restriction that forces you to continue playing when you dont, a lot of people has strong aversion against some deck and they want to quit immediately when faced with one, that's fine, some people only want to play if they good hand to make cool combo, and just quit if they dont, that's perfectly fine too. etc.

You're just describing circumstances allowed due to the current system, you're not actually laying out reasons why the current system is the best.

a lot of people has strong aversion against some deck and they want to quit immediately when faced with one,

I'll give you this one, as I can understand wanting certain restrictions for a better gameplay experience.

some people only want to play if they good hand to make cool combo, and just quit if they dont, that's perfectly fine too. etc.

This, on the other hand, is an absolute no-no, and this mindset is very cowardly and selfish.

A fundamental of the game is deck building and chance. Part of the game is learning how to deal with bad luck and overcoming it. Especially when your opponent opened well.

You're not playing the game if you flip the table and scoop because you didn't build your deck optimally.

I still advocate for some restriction.

The guy in the OP really got on my nerves as if the world revolved around him.

I think that's the main mindset of the supposedly ignored flaws of a no restriction system. Everyone pretends everyone else is not a human and the game should revolve around themselves.