YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lilylovepink  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:21:46 PM(UTC)
lilylovepink

rage quitters should get 5 days ban. those who time out because of inactivity should get a 1 day ban. those who refuses to play rock-paper-scissors should get a 12 hours ban after a 30 seconds timer run out (which needs to be introduced). ditto for refusing to choose who goes 1st. implement penalties for these actions and trolls would be discouraged from doing them, or at least they wouldn't have the ability to do them as often anymore.
cybercatman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:29:30 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

France

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 183 post(s)
To do something like that, we would require an account system (that we don't have and will not add)

Beside, what would you do about case that is not about the players?

there is no difference between an internet cut and a player just closing his game

I agree that it is annoying (I spend my time doing duels that don't even reach my turn because they surrender at the first "not perfect play")

What I can advise you to do, is to check the Match Making Channel in the discord to find people motivated to duel
Codylowry  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 1:18:15 AM(UTC)
Codylowry

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Most people are not actually rage quitters. Most children and people who complain about rage quitters can only understand the rage they actually have themselves for the other quitting when a lot of the time people quit because all these children and underdeveloped adults are just abunch of narcissists. There's no respect in the community what so ever on ygopro, it's really disappointing and sad. My point is no one can exactly be punished for rage quitting, it would have to be very structured. People deserve to be able to leave a game, there's a lot of losers who just troll and want to harass people and empower themselves and their narcissism or break the hosts rules. People quit and people blame rage everytime, well truth is people don't really know and almost everyone who plays online is just mad, no one needs to be punished for people getting upset they didn't get to finish a noob combo. Want someone to be banned then you're just trying to give yourself entitlement. Sit down and play the next player, who cares if they quit, how many games do you guys play a day? It really doesn't matter that much. Not throwing hate or share but foreal, stop the pettiness and just enjoy the game. It's not about winning. Where are all the yugis at?? No one wants to play this game for fun, just to take our their feelings on everyone else. Must be the generations who didn't grow up with duel monsters.
thanks 1 user thanked Codylowry for this useful post.
cybercatman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 1:49:33 AM(UTC)
cybercatman

France

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 183 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Codylowry Go to Quoted Post
Most people are not actually rage quitters. Most children and people who complain about rage quitters can only understand the rage they actually have themselves for the other quitting when a lot of the time people quit because all these children and underdeveloped adults are just abunch of narcissists. There's no respect in the community what so ever on ygopro, it's really disappointing and sad. My point is no one can exactly be punished for rage quitting, it would have to be very structured. People deserve to be able to leave a game, there's a lot of losers who just troll and want to harass people and empower themselves and their narcissism or break the hosts rules. People quit and people blame rage everytime, well truth is people don't really know and almost everyone who plays online is just mad, no one needs to be punished for people getting upset they didn't get to finish a noob combo. Want someone to be banned then you're just trying to give yourself entitlement. Sit down and play the next player, who cares if they quit, how many games do you guys play a day? It really doesn't matter that much. Not throwing hate or share but foreal, stop the pettiness and just enjoy the game. It's not about winning. Where are all the yugis at?? No one wants to play this game for fun, just to take our their feelings on everyone else. Must be the generations who didn't grow up with duel monsters.

your text is a bit hard to read without space

But honestly, there is Ragequiters
The people that just quit because they did not do the steps they saw on youtube properly
The people that quit when you break their board they thinked was "invincible"
The people that quit just because you summoned a Gouki when you play pure Gouki (aka, no Troymare) yourself (had that situation quite a few time myself)

I want to believe that it is because they have a bad internet connection, but 90% of the time, the connection lost happen in a timing too perfect to be true
When it happen 1 time, it is not a problem, when you lose 20 min because you keep getting that kind of player, it is annoying
Even more when you are using a deck made for fun, not the netdecked kind

Do I want those kind of player to be punished? I'd like to, just so they learn to respect the opponent
Can we punish them? we can't on percy without an account system
thanks 1 user thanked cybercatman for this useful post.
literally_who  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2018 1:00:31 AM(UTC)
literally_who

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
why should anyone be punished for leaving? why should anyone be forced to play until the end? It's absurd.

You'd force someone like me to play against someone that netdecked off whoever won worlds instead of making their own? What purpose would it serve to punish people who want to run non-competitive decks,but still want a good duel?
thanks 1 user thanked literally_who for this useful post.
J. D. Guy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 08, 2018 8:23:56 AM(UTC)
J. D. Guy

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: literally_who Go to Quoted Post
why should anyone be punished for leaving? why should anyone be forced to play until the end? It's absurd.

You'd force someone like me to play against someone that netdecked off whoever won worlds instead of making their own? What purpose would it serve to punish people who want to run non-competitive decks,but still want a good duel?

I think you're speaking on a completely different scenario and context then the topic's.
literally_who  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2018 1:23:35 AM(UTC)
literally_who

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: J. D. Guy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: literally_who Go to Quoted Post

I think you're speaking on a completely different scenario and context then the topic's.

no, OP said rage quitters get 5 day ban. that was what i was writing about. the rest of OP's comment was just ranting