YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Renni  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:53:35 AM(UTC)
Renni

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SGJin Go to Quoted Post
You can also include some of the newer changes to the type/ability text that is usually written right above the effect.

Changes include
-Flip effect monsters now has its own category.
-If a flip effect monster has more than 1 effect, the flip effect is listed first and additional effects are listed on a new paragraph.
-Effect monsters now always has the EFFECT category listed at the end. (omitted on tuners and gemini monsters in the past)

Examples

Shadoll Falco
Old Text : [Spellcaster/Tuner]
New Text: [Spellcaster/Flip/Tuner/Effect]

Phoenix Gearfried
Old Text : [Warrior/Gemini]
New Text: [Warrior/Gemini/Effect]

There are also some changes with Japanese and Korean card grammar that the TGC might adopt, but are currently not used with the current problem solving text system.
I forgot about flip effects! I will add flip effects and monster card type order when I have time~
Thanks for the ideas! :blush

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:00:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Renni for this useful post.
Renni  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 11:29:23 PM(UTC)
Renni

Update: Added Flip effects and Monster Card Type order. Updated effect order (addition of Flip effects and archetype clarifications). Also gave the effect order section an example.
Any more ideas? :blush

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 11:30:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Renni  
#23 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 4:49:07 PM(UTC)
Renni

Update: Added instruction for Spirit/Union effects under Card Type-Specific Effects and moved Flip/Gemini effects to the said category~

Edited by user Monday, February 02, 2015 8:21:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Michael Lawrence Dee  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 12:21:33 PM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Was thanked: 1335 time(s) in 1077 post(s)
I suggest including Dark Synchro Summoning PCST (Anime).
Now this is how I play:
FTON  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 12:49:27 PM(UTC)
FTON

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 291 post(s)
Mind adding custom Type PSCT?
Renni  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 4:43:14 PM(UTC)
Renni

Originally Posted by: Michael Lawrence Dee Go to Quoted Post
I suggest including Dark Synchro Summoning PCST (Anime).
I'm not sure if you are wishing for the PSCT of a Dark Synchro Monster or a Dark Tuner, but I'll do my best to explain myself.

1. Just for reference, I, more or less, intend this guide to be for pure PSCT (aka, I don't want to include my own rules of unofficial wording).

2. If you are asking how to word a Dark Synchro Monster, I would probably have to say that they shouldn't have wording regarding how its Summoning procedure works. For example, Synchro Monsters do not have effects that tell you how Synchro Summoning works. It is a mechanic rather than an effect.

3. If you are asking how to word a Dark Tuner, I can do something similar that will pretty much clear that base along with a few others; I can add a section for wording Material Monsters. In other words, how to word special cases of existing Summoning procedures. Will this be okay?

4. I might also add Dark Tuner to the Card Type list after some thought (with "Anime" beside it of course).
Thanks for the ideas, Michael! :laugh
Renni  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 4:46:42 PM(UTC)
Renni

Originally Posted by: FTON Go to Quoted Post
Are you asking for something like Warrior-Type? If you are, just word it this way: <Custom Monster Type>-Type.
(i.e. FTON-Type :lol)
FTON  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 4:51:56 PM(UTC)
FTON

Originally Posted by: Renni Go to Quoted Post
Are you asking for something like Warrior-Type? If you are, just word it this way: <Custom Monster Type>-Type.

Something like Synchro, XYZ...
Renni  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 9:58:01 PM(UTC)
Renni

I addressed this earlier as a response to Michael Lawrence Dee's request for "Dark Synchro Summoning."
1. Just for reference, I, more or less, intend this guide to be for pure PSCT (aka, I don't want to include my own rules of unofficial wording).

2. If you are asking how to word a Dark Synchro Monster, I would probably have to say that they shouldn't have wording regarding how its Summoning procedure works. For example, Synchro Monsters do not have effects that tell you how Synchro Summoning works. It is a mechanic rather than an effect.
In other words, the cards you are making (I imagine you are talking about your Super Power Cards, right?) should have a Summoning procedure explained to the public outside of the effect text. Everything else should be covered in the guide~
If I still haven't answered your question, I apologize for misunderstanding :( Give me an example if so~ ;)
FTON  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 10:03:50 PM(UTC)
FTON

I addressed this earlier as a response to Michael Lawrence Dee's request for "Dark Synchro Summoning."

In other words, the cards you are making (I imagine you are talking about your Super Power Cards, right?) should have a Summoning procedure explained to the public outside of the effect text. Everything else should be covered in the guide~
If I still haven't answered your question, I apologize for misunderstanding :( Give me an example if so~ ;)

Yeah, it answered , and also, they are No longer Super Power, their new Name is Evolute :)
Renni  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 10:09:33 PM(UTC)
Renni

Yeah, it answered , and also, they are No longer Super Power, their new Name is Evolute :)
Glad I could help~ :laugh Good luck with your Evolute cards! ;)
FTON  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 10:17:30 PM(UTC)
FTON

Glad I could help~ :laugh Good luck with your Evolute cards! ;)

Thanks ^^
i'll post their mechanics soon.
Renni  
#33 Posted : Thursday, February 05, 2015 6:03:21 AM(UTC)
Renni

3. If you are asking how to word a Dark Tuner, I can do something similar that will pretty much clear that base along with a few others; I can add a section for wording Material Monsters. In other words, how to word special cases of existing Summoning procedures. Will this be okay?

4. I might also add Dark Tuner to the Card Type list after some thought (with "Anime" beside it of course).
Added a part to "Summoning Conditions" to aid wording restricted Summoning procedures. As for adding to the Card Type list, I decided against it since it is quite self-explanatory xD

This would be a Dark Tuner "effect."
This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a Dark Synchro Monster.
Is all this to your liking, Michael? :)

P.S. I could argue that the Dark Tuner "effect" is not necessary because the monsters are already listed (on the card) as Dark Tuners. Given knowing the mechanics, anyone would know that Dark Tuners are only for Dark Synchro Monsters. Since it is a game mechanic, it shouldn't be written as part of the card effect. Then again, the current YGOPro does not actually have "Dark Tuners", and they ARE anime cards, but I digress. xD

Edited by user Thursday, February 05, 2015 6:05:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Michael Lawrence Dee  
#34 Posted : Friday, February 06, 2015 2:35:31 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Added a part to "Summoning Conditions" to aid wording restricted Summoning procedures. As for adding to the Card Type list, I decided against it since it is quite self-explanatory xD

This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a Dark Synchro Monster.

P.S. I could argue that the Dark Tuner "effect" is not necessary because the monsters are already listed (on the card) as Dark Tuners. Given knowing the mechanics, anyone would know that Dark Tuners are only for Dark Synchro Monsters. Since it is a game mechanic, it shouldn't be written as part of the card effect. Then again, the current YGOPro does not actually have "Dark Tuners", and they ARE anime cards, but I digress. xD

Please read the Dark Synchros. They're Anime and Konami did put how to summon it in the card text. Please check the current Dark Synchros or the ones in my Custom pack, you've downloaded it right? Check it out. Volcano Guardian, Thunder Conductor, Dark Whirlwind, Dark Tuner Dark Pearl - my custom Dark Synchros and they use that summoning condition card text.
Now this is how I play:
Renni  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:35:50 PM(UTC)
Renni

Please read the Dark Synchros. They're Anime and Konami did put how to summon it in the card text. Please check the current Dark Synchros or the ones in my Custom pack, you've downloaded it right? Check it out. Volcano Guardian, Thunder Conductor, Dark Whirlwind, Dark Tuner Dark Pearl - my custom Dark Synchros and they use that summoning condition card text.
As of now, Konami has not printed any Dark Synchro Monsters, so there should be no proof of the inclusion of the Summoning procedure for Dark Synchros. Just to clarify, Anime card text is not PSCT. My claim is not quite baseless. For example, Fusion Monsters, Synchro Monsters, Xyz Monsters and Pendulum Monsters do not contain Summoning procedures in their effects. (Ritual Monsters are not relevant because their Summoning procedures are, by convention, written on Ritual Spell Cards.)

I am not saying that writing the Summoning procedures on Dark Synchro Monsters is wrong. You can keep them in the card texts if you wish (since my opinion is technically just a conjecture). In fact, people who do not know Dark Synchro Monsters may appreciate it.

My point is, the Summoning procedure card texts on your Dark Synchro Monsters are fine the way they are, and they do sound PSCT-like (if that is what you are ultimately asking). However, because no officially printed Dark Synchro Monsters exist, I would like to exclude them from my guide (of course, unless Konami decides to print Dark Synchro Monsters).
I hope this clears everything up~ :)
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#36 Posted : Friday, March 06, 2015 12:35:53 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

May I ask for the PCST for Ritual non-Effect Monsters today?
Now this is how I play:
deeeeego  
#37 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 11:59:26 PM(UTC)
deeeeego

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Great work dude, seriously.
thanks 1 user thanked deeeeego for this useful post.
Renni  
#38 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 3:23:33 AM(UTC)
Renni

May I ask for the PCST for Ritual non-Effect Monsters today?
PSCT stands for "Problem-Solving Card Text." Normal Monster texts (which are italicized) do not "solve problems," and, therefore, do not follow most of the rules written in the above post. If anything at all, I will emphasize ONE rule: USE PROPER ENGLISH! It isn't a bad idea to search for patterns in lore text. However, since Konami did not go through any obvious effort to revolutionize lore text, I do not expect much consistency with grammar and diction xD

TL;DR
No rules for lore text - YOLO them (with proper English)!
Renni  
#39 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 3:24:40 AM(UTC)
Renni

Originally Posted by: deeeeego Go to Quoted Post
Great work dude, seriously.
Thank you for your support! :blush
ThomasWinwood  
#40 Posted : Sunday, May 08, 2016 12:55:37 PM(UTC)
ThomasWinwood

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Really nice guide, very helpful. However, you don't say anything about how to provide both sides of a conditional, and it appears Konami haven't made up their minds. Mind Crush has "Declare 1 card name; if that card is in your opponent's hand, they must discard all copies of it, otherwise you discard 1 random card." while A Hero Emerges has "When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Your opponent chooses 1 random card from your hand, then if it is a monster that can be Special Summoned, Special Summon it. Otherwise, send it to the Graveyard."
thanks 1 user thanked ThomasWinwood for this useful post.