YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EmeraldDragn  
#81 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:05:00 AM(UTC)
EmeraldDragn

Quote:
This is partially answered in the first Spoiler Tag in my post.

And it also explained in the first link:
http://www.ygopro.co/For...ting-video-Added#post381

Find something with 2 archetypes. Just check it. I'd say take Quickdraw Synchron and Stardust Dragon for your setcode's bases and combine them. If the first link plus my partial explanation can't be understood clearly, please reply so I can update that part when I have time.

I tried doing this... The setcodes work properly individualy, but when I combine them, it gets treated as part of neither archetype. It works as Stardust when I set to the setcode for Stardust, which is 163 and it works as a Synchron when I set it to the setcode for Synchron, which is 23. but when I combine them (either as 16323 or even 23163), it counts it as neither. What am I doing wrong? BTW SQLite isn't letting me do anything in Hex. I can' use any letters A-F. Idk if that's part of the problem. Thanks for the help!
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#82 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:08:41 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Was thanked: 1337 time(s) in 1077 post(s)
Originally Posted by: EmeraldDragn Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
This is partially answered in the first Spoiler Tag in my post.

And it also explained in the first link:
http://www.ygopro.co/For...ting-video-Added#post381

Find something with 2 archetypes. Just check it. I'd say take Quickdraw Synchron and Stardust Dragon for your setcode's bases and combine them. If the first link plus my partial explanation can't be understood clearly, please reply so I can update that part when I have time.

I tried doing this... The setcodes work properly individualy, but when I combine them, it gets treated as part of neither archetype. It works as Stardust when I set to the setcode for Stardust, which is 163 and it works as a Synchron when I set it to the setcode for Synchron, which is 23. but when I combine them (either as 16323 or even 23163), it counts it as neither. What am I doing wrong? BTW SQLite isn't letting me do anything in Hex. I can' use any letters A-F. Idk if that's part of the problem. Thanks for the help!

You're in Windows right? Change it to a Programmer Calculator. And do 4 digits for each archetype ALWAYS. You're definitely combining them incorrectly. Everything should be in hex before converting it to decimal. I don't want to spoonfeed everyone especially with Tutorials but if you still can't understand, I'll give you the answer. SQLite is in decimal, create the hex first, convert it to decimal and there, you got it for SQLite.
Now this is how I play:
EmeraldDragn  
#83 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:15:36 AM(UTC)
EmeraldDragn

Quote:
You're in Windows right? Change it to a Programmer Calculator. And do 4 digits for each archetype ALWAYS. You're definitely combining them incorrectly. Everything should be in hex before converting it to decimal. I don't want to spoonfeed everyone especially with Tutorials but if you still can't understand, I'll give you the answer. SQLite is in decimal, create the hex first, convert it to decimal and there, you got it for SQLite.

Ah I tried that and it worked. Didn't realize this would be a multistep problem. Thank you so much!
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#84 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:32:52 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Ah I tried that and it worked. Didn't realize this would be a multistep problem. Thank you so much!

:thup :thup :thup
Yes. That is the biggest difficulty with SQLite. Since everything for the game is hex but they are to and from SQLite as a Decimal. But it's pretty much limitless if you're aiming for more archetypes in a single card. At least you learned quickly. Some people would simply work on single archetypes for its ease of doing so.
Now this is how I play:
EmeraldDragn  
#85 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:36:22 AM(UTC)
EmeraldDragn

Originally Posted by: Michael Lawrence Dee Go to Quoted Post

Yes. That is the biggest difficulty with SQLite. Since everything for the game is hex but they are to and from SQLite as a Decimal. But it's pretty much limitless if you're aiming for more archetypes in a single card. At least you learned quickly. Some people would simply work on single archetypes for its ease of doing so.

Yeah, not this guy. Those who know me know I'm that guy who's going to find something I like and force it to work, because dammit I want it to work. Thanks for being such a huge help! Next step: program the effects. Here's to hoping it works!
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#86 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:38:25 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Yeah, not this guy. Those who know me know I'm that guy who's going to find something I like and force it to work, because dammit I want it to work. Thanks for being such a huge help! Next step: program the effects. Here's to hoping it works!

Hahaha... That's the attitude I have making Solid Overlay, Land of Frozen Flames, etc. at the same time, Infernity Zero work. However, there are really some cards you can't make. :P Good luck with those.
Now this is how I play:
hung96  
#87 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 7:36:18 AM(UTC)
hung96

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I 've seen all codes in interpreter.cpp. But how to know the position of these codes in the script? Have documents about the code in the function as SetRange , SetType ... except yours ?

Edited by user Thursday, March 10, 2016 7:36:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Michael Lawrence Dee  
#88 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:11:04 PM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Originally Posted by: hung96 Go to Quoted Post
I 've seen all codes in interpreter.cpp. But how to know the position of these codes in the script? Have documents about the code in the function as SetRange , SetType ... except yours ?

Umm... Even what I said are in there. Except that I already explained it. Umm... There is nothing as of now explaining the parameters (I think).
Now this is how I play:
hung96  
#89 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2016 4:53:36 AM(UTC)
hung96

When i search few tutorial about Lua language in google but i see its code is different from Ygopro. What should I do next?
Hope you will complete this tutorial soon.
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#90 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 5:28:07 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

I have the updated the tutorial on the part with the setcodes since I have discovered an issue with extension setcodes months ago and I had the chance to edit it just today.
Now this is how I play:
MaxAngelo149  
#91 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 6:59:47 AM(UTC)
MaxAngelo149

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I noticed that most of the effects that negate effects that target cards have this line in their condition...

"if not re:IsHasProperty(EFFECT_FLAG_CARD_TARGET) then return false end"

But in testing, I've noticed that the effect still negates targeting effects even without that line.

So what is the purpose of that line? Are there effects that technically target cards, but do not count as a "Target"? :S
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#92 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 10:06:57 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Originally Posted by: MaxAngelo149 Go to Quoted Post
I noticed that most of the effects that negate effects that target cards have this line in their condition...

"if not re:IsHasProperty(EFFECT_FLAG_CARD_TARGET) then return false end"

But in testing, I've noticed that the effect still negates targeting effects even without that line.

So what is the purpose of that line? Are there effects that technically target cards, but do not count as a "Target"? :S

Yes, that line checks for cards that target. Of course, it will still negate without that line! BUT, it will also might negate those that shouldn't be negateable by that card.
Now this is how I play:
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Lawrence Dee for this useful post.
guestno1  
#93 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:28:15 PM(UTC)
guestno1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I want to ask about explanation box which will give some options when many effects in same timing of effect. I think it in here:
e1:SetDescription(aux.Stringid(XXXX,n)) - when activating more than 1 of the same timing of effect, this would show up.
Hide Spoiler

e1:SetDescription(aux.Stringid(XXXX,n)) --I had to repeat a lot of things to ensure you guys understood.
--e1 is the effect as usual, underlined
--the one in bold is the important part here. When you activate an effect, it will ask you which effect to activate.
--Highlighted is which string is used. These strings can be checked in SQLite or any Card Manager. Strings are just phrases to help you out within effects.
--just add a +1 (from the script) to see which string is used in the Card Manager.

I have done as your tutorial by using SetDescription and i have written n in order from 0->n. But the explanation box show ??? while i have added the text by Sqlite and card manager. Hope you can explain for me. Thanks

Edited by user Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:29:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Michael Lawrence Dee  
#94 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:43:08 PM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Originally Posted by: guestno1 Go to Quoted Post
I want to ask about explanation box which will give some options when many effects in same timing of effect. I think it in here:
e1:SetDescription(aux.Stringid(XXXX,n)) - when activating more than 1 of the same timing of effect, this would show up.
Hide Spoiler

e1:SetDescription(aux.Stringid(XXXX,n)) --I had to repeat a lot of things to ensure you guys understood.
--the one in bold is the important part here. When you activate an effect, it will ask you which effect to activate.
--Highlighted is which string is used. These strings can be checked in SQLite or any Card Manager. Strings are just phrases to help you out within effects.
--just add a +1 (from the script) to see which string is used in the Card Manager.

I have done as your tutorial by using SetDescription and i have written n in order from 0->n. But the explanation box show ??? while i have added the text by Sqlite and card manager. Hope you can explain for me. Thanks

Your card number must be too high. I have not documented the maximum limit where SetDescription would work yet. Your only other option is take from another card.
Example: You need a card to say 'Flip'. You can take Castle of Dark Illusions so it would show up like:
e1:SetDescription(aux.Stringid(62121,0))
Minimum also, I'm not sure but 4-digits should also work. The maximum limit is somewhere in 9-digits.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:51:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Now this is how I play:
hung96  
#95 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:01:00 AM(UTC)
hung96

Originally Posted by: guestno1 Go to Quoted Post
Hide Spoiler

Your card number must be too high. I have not documented the maximum limit where SetDescription would work yet. Your only other option is take from another card.
Example: You need a card to say 'Flip'. You can take Castle of Dark Illusions so it would show up like:
e1:SetDescription(aux.Stringid(62121,0))
Minimum also, I'm not sure but 4-digits should also work. The maximum limit is somewhere in 9-digits.

I have same problem, as you said, should i create card has many digits to the box works? I usually create card has 2-digits
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#96 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:21:19 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Originally Posted by: hung96 Go to Quoted Post
I have same problem, as you said, should i create card has many digits to the box works? I usually create card has 2-digits

Try 4-digits to 8-digits.
Now this is how I play:
MaxAngelo149  
#97 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 6:05:24 AM(UTC)
MaxAngelo149

Yes, that line checks for cards that target. Of course, it will still negate without that line! BUT, it will also might negate those that shouldn't be negateable by that card.

Yeah I figured so. I was hoping it could help me with the effect I was trying to script which was "During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that would affect a card(s) on the field...", but I actually figured it out on my own.

It's kind of ghetto (imo, haha) and still kind of long, but it works and it's better than having like 20+ clones of 1 effect. :laugh
MaxAngelo149  
#98 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 6:09:54 AM(UTC)
MaxAngelo149

So, is there a way to get the damage (battle and effect) that's been inflicted during the turn? Like how in "Pot of Duality" in the cost there's a "Duel.GetActivityCount(tp,ACTIVITY_SPSUMMON)==0" which gets the number of Special Summons that happened during the turn. Is there a way to do that for damage?

I'm trying to make a card that only activates if my opponent has taken no damage. I know how to prevent my opponent from taking further damage after activation, but I want to restrict it's activation to only being able to be activated if my opponent has taken no damage.
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#99 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 3:03:08 PM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Originally Posted by: MaxAngelo149 Go to Quoted Post
So, is there a way to get the damage (battle and effect) that's been inflicted during the turn? Like how in "Pot of Duality" in the cost there's a "Duel.GetActivityCount(tp,ACTIVITY_SPSUMMON)==0" which gets the number of Special Summons that happened during the turn. Is there a way to do that for damage?

I'm trying to make a card that only activates if my opponent has taken no damage. I know how to prevent my opponent from taking further damage after activation, but I want to restrict it's activation to only being able to be activated if my opponent has taken no damage.

You have to use a Global Variable.
https://www.ygopro.co/Fo...sing-Anime-Cards-Project

See the op pack and find The Golden Apples (Anime).
Now this is how I play:
hung96  
#100 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 11:08:56 AM(UTC)
hung96

I want to ask this effect is possible to script or not
"Negate the effects of all cards on your opponent's hand"
I have tried to script it but it didn't work. I think it is impossible script

Edited by user Monday, June 27, 2016 11:25:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified