YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Percival18  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 12:58:23 PM(UTC)
Percival18

Was thanked: 1647 time(s) in 530 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Introducing our latest project called Ygochrome. Play Ygopro in the Google Chrome web browser for Windows, OS X, Linux and Chrome OS.
Note: Does not work on iOS or Android.

Play the demo here: http://www.ygopro.co/Ygochrome.aspx

Only the puzzle mode is available for now. More features will be implemented soon.

Known issues from the demo

• Multiplayer and deck edit are not available yet
  • Attack arrow animation is not working
  • The text is small and will be replaced
  • Only works in default zoom level (100%)

Edited by user Tuesday, June 02, 2015 2:57:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Percival18 for this useful post.
AntiMetaman  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 1:00:30 PM(UTC)
AntiMetaman

Was thanked: 745 time(s) in 494 post(s)
Ah, so you released it! Nice job. With this, most of the features people are requesting will be possible without the addition of a launcher. After a few clicks, I was able to get to puzzle mode. Then I can't start the puzzle because it seems when I click "ok", it grays the window as if I were clicking outside the window area. I also can't close the About dialog box once it's open, I had to refresh the page.

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2015 1:04:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FTON  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 1:36:53 PM(UTC)
FTON

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 291 post(s)
Seriously? Ony Google CHrome? No FIrefox? no anything >_>
tho, i appreciate the good effort.
Bitsoft  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 2:32:13 PM(UTC)
Bitsoft

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
What's the point of this exactly? I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering. Is just to save the 500MB of downloads for new users? Does it support mobile Chrome browsers? Is it supposed to compete with DN?
AntiMetaman  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 2:51:03 PM(UTC)
AntiMetaman

Was thanked: 745 time(s) in 494 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bitsoft Go to Quoted Post
What's the point of this exactly? I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering. Is just to save the 500MB of downloads for new users? Does it support mobile Chrome browsers? Is it supposed to compete with DN?

Accessibility. Regardless of what OS you're running or how old your computer is, as long as you have chrome, it will work. This also opens the door to all the features we've all been wanting such as chat, avatars, etc. without the addition of a launcher.
Naz Zuki  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 3:53:44 PM(UTC)
Naz Zuki

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Interesting!:thup I really hope it not just for google chrome!;) So there will be more added feature to this than ygopro?:S
Look the fluffy!
FTON  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 4:10:42 PM(UTC)
FTON

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 291 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AntiMetaman Go to Quoted Post

Accessibility. Regardless of what OS you're running or how old your computer is, as long as you have chrome, it will work. This also opens the door to all the features we've all been wanting such as chat, avatars, etc. without the addition of a launcher.

Well, not everyone 100% uses Google chrome, some people use Firefox, that means, they have no rights of playing this game if they use ff.
thanks 2 users thanked FTON for this useful post.
Zocom7  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 4:34:27 PM(UTC)
Zocom7

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Yeah, Firefox should be also an exception to play this implemented browser game, not just Chrome.

But one problem though, if you want the latest updates (including unofficial updates) to play YGOPRO, you still have to rely on the downloadable PC version of it. Because after all, YGOPRO Percy is slow on updates.
Percival18  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 5:51:45 PM(UTC)
Percival18

Was thanked: 1647 time(s) in 530 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FTON Go to Quoted Post

Well, not everyone 100% uses Google chrome, some people use Firefox, that means, they have no rights of playing this game if they use ff.

It is unfortunate but the technology used for building this program is only available on Chrome (portable native client).

However, I don't think it is such a big deal as you are implying. If a web game you really want to play requires a plugin (aka Flash), would you install it? You can keep using Firefox and use Chrome alongside it for playing. IMHO this is a small issue compared to having to use a specific operating system for example.

In the end of course I want to support all browsers. According to the documentation it is possible via javascript and I will look into it eventually.

The advantage of this is that it runs on any OS that can run Chrome (except the mobile versions iOS + Android). Update the program once and the latest version will be available for all platforms at the same time. You can expect much faster updates for new cards and banlists.

The supported platforms are Windows, OS X, Linux and Chrome OS. With this we no longer have the impression of being unfair because of the latest update being available on Windows first.

As for competing with DN, no that is not my intention. The goal is to lower the threshold for playing, support more platforms and making it easier to update.

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2015 7:44:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: grammar fails

thanks 2 users thanked Percival18 for this useful post.
Bitsoft  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 7:09:38 PM(UTC)
Bitsoft

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Percival18 Go to Quoted Post

The advantage of this is that it runs on any OS that can run Chrome (except the mobile versions iOS + Android). Update the program once and the latest version will be available for all platforms at the same time. You can expect much faster updates for new cards and banlists.

The supported platforms are Windows, OS X, Linux and Chrome OS. With this we no longer have the impression of being unfair because of the latest update being available on Windows first.

As for competing with DN, no that is not my intention. The goal is to lower the threshold for playing, support more platforms and making it easier to update.

Thanks for clearing that up! Nice to know you're still working as hard as ever on YGOPro. I really wish it would support mobiles too. It would've been an even greater step forward in keeping everything up-to-date (especially iOS which last got updated, like, never?)

Since this is browser-based, will there still be a way to replace the card back images and background?
UnderworldGoku  
#11 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 8:12:25 PM(UTC)
UnderworldGoku

This is awesome defiantly a great idea for people who don't wish to download only problem for me is the slow loading time could Just be my internet or my adobe flash I would hope to see features in the future great job Percy. I do hope you keep the downloadable program though for people who still wish to download Ygopro.

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2015 8:22:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

V-WARRIOR  
#12 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 8:46:08 PM(UTC)
V-WARRIOR

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
my browser says "running" but nothing comes out, only a black screen
Aorn  
#13 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 9:30:41 PM(UTC)
Aorn

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It's doesn't work on my iPhone. I used google chrome but it's doesn't worked

And I used it on puffin browser that have flash player but it's doesn't worked too

Can you make it worken on iPhone browsers ?
bostero-arg  
#14 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2015 4:16:07 AM(UTC)
bostero-arg

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I use Chrome but it says "Your browser is not supported"
mrkey94  
#15 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2015 6:26:09 PM(UTC)
mrkey94

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
When chrome is zoom >100%, the button can't be clicked. Hope you can fix it. Tks
Leishmania  
#16 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2015 6:38:22 AM(UTC)
Leishmania

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This is slightly irksome for me...if only because I didn't want to download YGOPRO but I wanted to play it...and so at some point I just like actually downloaded it. Oh well. Maybe others that have issues like I do will be glad for this.
Tea82  
#17 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2015 7:22:52 AM(UTC)
Tea82

Was thanked: 325 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Thanks Percy for the news!!:thup Yes it seems it's working just fine if you play this program via chrome browser though i have a very bad feeling that this program not going well because i bet the most users going to have problems with a slow speed or worst problems who deal with disconnect problems:doh :( (On the past i read on the forums about another yugioh game working via internet browser called Duel Arena and i release that many users stop play it because of that 2 reasons-problems i mention before!!) Anyway percy and guys i have a silly question:blush : When the time this program also allow us to add and play with custom cards come i wonder guys if the custom cards we add going to also add place on hard disc or the hard disc is safe because this program working via internet browser so we can add as many as custom cards we want without worry for the hard disc!!:S

Edited by user Sunday, May 31, 2015 7:26:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aorn  
#18 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2015 2:24:08 AM(UTC)
Aorn

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Can any body fix ygochrome to make it worken in puffin browser on the iPhone ?
Windsparrow  
#19 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2015 5:28:33 AM(UTC)
Windsparrow

Apologies if this is a silly question, but does anyone know where I could find that background image used in the opening post's screenshot? I'd like to use it as my YGOPRO background.
obito123  
#20 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2015 4:04:30 PM(UTC)
obito123

What about for Windown Phone -_-.I want this game in Windown Phone