YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Percival18  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 07, 2015 9:23:04 AM(UTC)
Percival18

Rank: Administration

Joined: 11/25/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,117

Thanks: 80 times
Was thanked: 1649 time(s) in 530 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rhonindex86 Go to Quoted Post
It may have just been because something in an older version of YGOPRO was to blame, however, I encountered a virus detected by my norton antivirus described as WS.reputation1 or something like that. I've encountered the same before related to another program or modification to one but just wanted to let you know. As for now, I have deleted and am reinstalling the newest update clean install...

While unfortunate, what does this have to do with the AI though?
thanks 1 user thanked Percival18 for this useful post.
Urban-Shadow  
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 08, 2015 10:30:56 PM(UTC)
Urban-Shadow

Rank: Member

Joined: 1/25/2014(UTC)
Posts: 14

I keep getting this error every time I play against the ai

ai/mod/AIHelperFunction2. lua:1979: attempt to call method 'GetSequence' (a nil value)

also I just played against AI_Mermail, the AI went first and it was able to attack on turn one
Snarky  
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 08, 2015 11:28:42 PM(UTC)
Snarky

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2,197

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 462 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Urban-Shadow Go to Quoted Post
I keep getting this error every time I play against the ai

ai/mod/AIHelperFunction2. lua:1979: attempt to call method 'GetSequence' (a nil value)

also I just played against AI_Mermail, the AI went first and it was able to attack on turn one


Which version of YGOPro and the AI script are you playing? The attacking first turn most likely was a direct result of the error message.

The referenced function will be replaced in the next version of YGOPro. A better alternative will be implemented, which I plan on using. Hopefully, this will fix your problems as well, but it might take a while, until that update is released.
Urban-Shadow  
#24 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 4:17:06 AM(UTC)
Urban-Shadow

Rank: Member

Joined: 1/25/2014(UTC)
Posts: 14

Originally Posted by: Snarky Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Urban-Shadow Go to Quoted Post
I keep getting this error every time I play against the ai

ai/mod/AIHelperFunction2. lua:1979: attempt to call method 'GetSequence' (a nil value)

also I just played against AI_Mermail, the AI went first and it was able to attack on turn one


Which version of YGOPro and the AI script are you playing? The attacking first turn most likely was a direct result of the error message.

The referenced function will be replaced in the next version of YGOPro. A better alternative will be implemented, which I plan on using. Hopefully, this will fix your problems as well, but it might take a while, until that update is released.



I'm using the latest version, it was a fresh install and the AI Script 0.31b

the 1979 error is something that happen at least once a duel and is usually with something in the graveyard, activating effects or special summoning.
kenpazaraki  
#25 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 10:21:59 PM(UTC)
kenpazaraki

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/22/2014(UTC)
Posts: 650

Thanks: 44 times
Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 43 post(s)
I finally managed to get screenshots for the bug that prevents the activation of any card.

http://imgur.com/a/s3fOp
Snarky  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 11:24:55 AM(UTC)
Snarky

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2,197

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 462 time(s) in 340 post(s)
This should be related to the issue Percy and I are currently investigating, which occasionally causes the client to crash for subsequent duels. Do you happen to know, if this was the first game of the session? Or did you finish a duel successfully before and started a new game without restarting the client?

Edited by user Monday, October 12, 2015 9:33:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kenpazaraki  
#27 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 5:25:22 PM(UTC)
kenpazaraki

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/22/2014(UTC)
Posts: 650

Thanks: 44 times
Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 43 post(s)
I'm not sure, but it probably wasn't the first game.
Snarky  
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2015 6:38:26 PM(UTC)
Snarky

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2,197

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 462 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Updated for 0.31c

Edited by user Sunday, October 18, 2015 6:51:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Snarky  
#29 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2015 11:56:17 AM(UTC)
Snarky

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2,197

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 462 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Updated for 0.32b

Edited by user Tuesday, November 03, 2015 7:27:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kenpazaraki  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2015 7:32:56 PM(UTC)
kenpazaraki

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/22/2014(UTC)
Posts: 650

Thanks: 44 times
Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Thank you for the new decks! I've noticed a problem with Traptrix Rafflesia. Apparently it tries to use Treacherous Trap Hole no matter what the field looks like (like destroying itself and the AI's Infinity).
Snarky  
#31 Posted : Sunday, November 08, 2015 8:45:23 AM(UTC)
Snarky

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2,197

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 462 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Updated for 0.32c.

Edited by user Sunday, November 08, 2015 9:09:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dkates  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 12:34:42 PM(UTC)
dkates

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/16/2013(UTC)
Posts: 449

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Just a single issue to report, at least for now. In the Constellars deck, in prior versions, the AI would go into Constellar Pleiades and keep it as Pleiades until it had used up its Materials, then upgrade it to Ptolemy M7 after that. In most situations, that's the correct play. Currently, though, it will go into Pleiades, then immediately go into M7.
Snarky  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 12:53:46 PM(UTC)
Snarky

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2,197

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 462 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Thanks for the report. I fixed the issue on my end, so it will be gone for the next version.
dkates  
#34 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 1:00:37 PM(UTC)
dkates

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/16/2013(UTC)
Posts: 449

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Found another one, which should hopefully be easy to fix. Masked HERO Koga tends to target the AI's monsters, instead of the player's. I can only think of one situation offhand where the AI should have Masked HERO Koga target one of the AI's monsters. and it's a pretty niche play -- if the monster in question is about to be hit by something that cares about or references the monster's ATK, such as Bottomless Trap Hole or Magic Cylinder. The way it's using it, the AI is clearly activating Koga in situations where it intends to target one of the player's monsters, then picking the wrong target.
Chaosmage1  
#35 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2015 4:51:18 PM(UTC)
Chaosmage1

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 7/29/2013(UTC)
Posts: 14

not sure if Anyone brought it up, but in a match i had with the Kozmo AI it used BOTH it's solem notices on it's OWN monster effects: the first was one it's own kozmo strawman when it activated it's effect to retrieve a banished monster. and the second was in response to when i triggered the effect of it's kozmo sliprider by destroying it in battle...and this didn't help it at all, it in fact destroyed any chance it had of beating me. just thought i'd bring this up if it wasn't already.

Edited by user Sunday, December 27, 2015 5:03:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: adding details

dkates  
#36 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2015 10:45:14 PM(UTC)
dkates

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/16/2013(UTC)
Posts: 449

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Here's one which might be a bit tricky to fix, depending on what tools are available. The AI often seems to "forget" things about face-down cards that it has previously seen. The easiest-to-describe example of this is the AI flipping one of the player's monsters facedown (with Book of Moon, Ghostrick Jackfrost, or whatever), then attacking it with a monster that's too weak (and that does not have an effect to justify the attack), resulting in the AI needlessly taking recoil damage. For a human player, mousing over a face-down card that has been previously revealed will show the card info, so clearly the game has some way to flag face-down cards as known, but I have no idea whether the AI has any way to "see" those flags.

And speaking of issues with attack logic and the like, it seems like the AI occasionally has issues with using stat modifiers properly when it's attacking a Defense Position monster (even a face-up one). I can't be sure, but it seems as if, in these situations, the AI is checking the ATK of the player's monster when deciding whether to use its stat modifiers (such as Forbidden Chalice in the Qlis, but there may be other examples), at the point(s) where it should be checking the DEF.
joashp  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 8:42:45 AM(UTC)
joashp

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/3/2013(UTC)
Posts: 37

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Apparently, about the deck out issue, I found out that a mandatory draw caused by card effects such as Supply Squad, Shared Ride or Maxx "C" (and the likes), forcing opponent to draw outside his/her turn while its deck is empty will cause the AI to lose.

I hope the deck out issue will be fixed, as far as I know it was working before the new updates. I just recently played, so I was unaware of the issue. Thanks again for the great update and more powers to the YGOPRO developers.
YGOSmurf  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 11:54:58 PM(UTC)
YGOSmurf

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 2/9/2016(UTC)
Posts: 3

With regards to the experiemental version of the Ai_Kozmo ,
the bot activated a Max C on its first turn, being the first turn of the game. (bot won coin toss, summoned kozmo goodwitch, activated Maxx C, used goodwitch... and so on.

I am sure that using Maxx C in that situation may on some level be useful but really it seems like the bot just wasted a perfectly good card, especially sense if it would had saved it for my turn it would have gave me the maxx c challenge with 5 special summons...

Thought I'd mention it. Great work by the way! Hope more new Ai's will come out! All the love you way.
Snarky  
#39 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 1:59:37 PM(UTC)
Snarky

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/6/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2,197

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 462 time(s) in 340 post(s)
updated for 0.33a

Originally Posted by: YGOSmurf Go to Quoted Post
With regards to the experiemental version of the Ai_Kozmo ,
the bot activated a Max C on its first turn, being the first turn of the game. (bot won coin toss, summoned kozmo goodwitch, activated Maxx C, used goodwitch... and so on.


Missed this post, sorry.

Honestly, I have no idea, what is going on with this issue. I keep getting reports, that Maxx C is used incorrectly for all the decks, that decide to go second, if they have the choice (including Harpie, Blackwing, Kozmo), yet I am unable to reproduce the issue on my end.

Wait... the bot won the coin toss, but chose to go first? That is a new piece of information. Which platform are you playing on?

Quote:

I am sure that using Maxx C in that situation may on some level be useful but really it seems like the bot just wasted a perfectly good card, especially sense if it would had saved it for my turn it would have gave me the maxx c challenge with 5 special summons...


Yeah, its totally meta, meant to discourage an opposing Psyframe player to use his negation effects :)
Nah, its a bug, of course.

Edited by user Friday, February 12, 2016 2:02:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

YGOSmurf  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:03:02 AM(UTC)
YGOSmurf

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 2/9/2016(UTC)
Posts: 3

Originally Posted by: Snarky Go to Quoted Post
updated for 0.33a

Wait... the bot won the coin toss, but chose to go first? That is a new piece of information. Which platform are you playing on?



When you say platform you mean? I am on windows 8 Laptop(really doubt that is what you meant), I used the classic/most updated version of YGOpro provided from this site.

And yeah the bot won the coin toss*Edit* won the rock/paper/scissors, chose first, played a card and then was like check out this Maxx C in the grave. Ain't it pertty? lol

Edited by user Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:04:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Users browsing this topic
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error