YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BananaPhone42  
#121 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 6:43:01 PM(UTC)
BananaPhone42

United States

Couple of problems with your Necromantic and Dragoscendent decks for version 1.033.D... first of all, it's not "EFFECT_UPDATE_DEFENCE" for cards that update the Necromantic's ATK/DEF, it's EFFECT_UPDATE_DEFENSE. Otherwise, it won't apply the defense change.

Secondly, it seems that Dragoscendent's pretty much acting like the Seafarer cards were (which work); I can't get the Synchro Dragoscendent monsters out, even if I have say a Tuner Dragoscendent and a 1 or more non-Tuners. Do I need one of Dragoscendent's Spell cards or something?

Edited by user Friday, February 09, 2018 6:43:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#122 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 8:21:40 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BananaPhone42 Go to Quoted Post
Couple of problems with your Necromantic and Dragoscendent decks for version 1.033.D... first of all, it's not "EFFECT_UPDATE_DEFENCE" for cards that update the Necromantic's ATK/DEF, it's EFFECT_UPDATE_DEFENSE. Otherwise, it won't apply the defense change.

Secondly, it seems that Dragoscendent's pretty much acting like the Seafarer cards were (which work); I can't get the Synchro Dragoscendent monsters out, even if I have say a Tuner Dragoscendent and a 1 or more non-Tuners. Do I need one of Dragoscendent's Spell cards or something?

It used to be DEFENCE but then it was changed to DEFENSE at some point. I fixed most of the cards back when I noticed that they'd changdd it, but I guess I forgot the Necromantics. The Dragoscendent synchros work for me on 1.033.D. Try downloading it again and see if they work (the new download should contain the fixed Necromantic cards).
BananaPhone42  
#123 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 11:06:37 PM(UTC)
BananaPhone42

United States

Seems to be working now. Hope I wasn't sounding too harsh when I wrote that; my aim was to inform you of the troubles I was having. But, can you help me understand the following, if you've got time on your hands?

I understand your Necromantic deck seems to draw its' powers from monsters that are usually Ritual Summoned... tell me, can the Necromantics gain effects from other Ritual Monsters that are not Necromantics, or does this effect only apply to their own kind?

And how could your Dragoscendents be considered a Boss deck like say the "Pegasus Boss Deck" and how would Dragoscendents work with the Boss Duel card activated, unless that's not what you mean?
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#124 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:06:41 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Seems to be working now. Hope I wasn't sounding too harsh when I wrote that; my aim was to inform you of the troubles I was having. But, can you help me understand the following, if you've got time on your hands?

I understand your Necromantic deck seems to draw its' powers from monsters that are usually Ritual Summoned... tell me, can the Necromantics gain effects from other Ritual Monsters that are not Necromantics, or does this effect only apply to their own kind?

And how could your Dragoscendents be considered a Boss deck like say the "Pegasus Boss Deck" and how would Dragoscendents work with the Boss Duel card activated, unless that's not what you mean?

It's fine, you didn't sound harsh. To address these: I meant boss as in the colloquial usage, not like the Boss decks. Like how you would say that Super Quantal Great King Magnus is the Super Quant boss monster. I just meant it as in strong monsters with high atk and lots of protection that require effort to bring out.

As to your other question: Did you mean "Can the Necromantic non-Rituals give effects to rituals other than Necromantics" or "Can the Necromantic rituals gain effects from cards other than the Necromantic non-rituals?" The answer to the first question is "no." If, for example, you ritual summon Black Luster Soldier using Necromantic Gnome as a material, BLS will not gain the effect to send 1 of your opponent's monsters to the GY. The answer to the second question is "yes." I can't think of any ritual material effect-giving cards that are generic off the top of my head, but if you summoned a Necromantic ritual monster using a non-Necromantic card that grants effects, it would gain said effects.
BananaPhone42  
#125 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 12:54:49 AM(UTC)
BananaPhone42

United States

Thanks for answering those for me. By the way, how does one get the Undead Counter operational? I did put in "!counter 0x666 Undead Counter" without the quotation marks, and put that in the strings.conf in the main folder and I did follow the steps to get an Undead Counter on Necromantic Rite, but it didn't seem to add a Counter, and I believe it was "Special Summon a Necromantic Ritual Monster, except by using Necromantic Rite."
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#126 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 3:12:00 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Thanks for answering those for me. By the way, how does one get the Undead Counter operational? I did put in "!counter 0x666 Undead Counter" without the quotation marks, and put that in the strings.conf in the main folder and I did follow the steps to get an Undead Counter on Necromantic Rite, but it didn't seem to add a Counter, and I believe it was "Special Summon a Necromantic Ritual Monster, except by using Necromantic Rite."

I'm actually going to see if I can find a way to implement the undead counter without forcing you to modify strings.conf, since I can't keep track of every time strings.conf is updated to upload a new file for it and editing strings.conf is too weird for the end user. I'm going to research this and get back to you. It shouldn't be too long.
BananaPhone42  
#127 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 5:40:14 AM(UTC)
BananaPhone42

United States

Have you tried "c:EnableCounterPermit"?