YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:27:54 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KettouRyuujin Go to Quoted Post
Question:
Why are there no thumbnails?

Because I don't quite see the point of thumbnails. I mean, the official cards don't have thumbnails, and it doesn't seem necessary since the game will automatically shrink the images down the thumbnail size anyway. Since there's really no purpose to including thumbnails, I don't really think it's worth it to go through the (albeit, very marginal but tedious) effort to create separate thumbnail images for all the cards.

Sorry that answer is coming super late. I've been taking a break from basically everything relating to Yugioh for about a month, but I'm (probably) back now. I'm almost done with the archetype I've been putting off working on for the past month, which is a beast-type deck of level 1s, based around synchro summoning level 2s that you then use to xyz summon even stronger rank 2 monsters. Hopefully I'll be done with it and post it within a few days.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#62 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 8:17:34 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Update: I uploaded the new Mystic Fauna archetype. It's based around using the main deck monsters to synchro summon, which you then use to xyz summon monsters that let you deal serious damage to the opponent. Since the archetype is comprised of entirely low-level monsters, it involves lots of attacking directly and preventing the opponent from attacking you. There are also monsters that deal effect damage and the archetype has a strong presence in countering monsters of level 3+. The tuners shuffle monsters into the deck when synchroing, and the non-tuners get effects when shuffled, so it makes for a combo where you are able to consistently set up your field to synchro repeatedly and thus get out the xyz monsters reliably.

I believe everything should work properly, but I did end up changing several effects around, so if something doesn't work as stated, let me know and I'll fix it. Additionally, let me know any glitches you find and any feedback you may have on how you like the deck. I really like the idea of a deck that uses synchro monsters to xyz summon, so I hope you'll enjoy it.
Debanjan.Sarkar987  
#63 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 6:05:45 PM(UTC)
Debanjan.Sarkar987

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Indeed very good artwork and effs

I will definitely try it

Good Job :thup
My Dignature Can u dig it!
Kindrindra  
#64 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:51:44 PM(UTC)
Kindrindra

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I remember my first thought upon reading the description was "oh my gosh I can run Black and White Wave", and then afterwards I realized the field supports it. That is awesome.

A few bugs I noticed:
-Incorporation needs a manual shuffle between the SendtoDeck and the draw, since SendtoDeck doesn't shuffle until the end of the resolution, so the 'shuffled' card ends up always being the card you draw.
-Hippogrif is affecting normal "Mystic Fauna" effect monsters, not just Synchro and Xyz monsters.
-Owl can search any "Mystic Fauna" card, not just monsters. Also, it can search itself.
-Deergle and Hippogrif can use their detach effects multiple times per turn.

The "If this card is shuffled" effects should probably have a once-per-turn, the loopz are scary (#OwlTurbo4Dayz). I just went from an empty field to all 3 Xyz + Hummingbird, and that is scary.

It's a very cool and unique deck, although I misplayed a few times early on because I didn't realize the bugs were bugs. XD
It's also funny because its easy to find yourself low on non-Tuner resources very quickly, which gives the most hilarious reason I've ever seen to get creative with your Extra Deck, that being using non-archetype synchros to give yourself some non-Tuner grave presence.

My dreams of raining down terror with the Raccoon engine was stomped out by all of the Xyz being archetype-locked, but that's probably a good thing. Encourages some out-of-archetype play!

Not sure why Hippogrif and Deergle specify 2 Level 2 Mystic Fauna, since the only Lv2 ones are the Synchro... Unless there's some Level-Modulating stuff you had in mind, which could be cool. Running a Level Lifter alongside the Raccoon engine could make for some cool plays, I should try that now.

Obedience Schooled is brutal

Also, welcome back! I've been earnestly watching your thread for your next entry... Although I still need to try out the Reverse Pendulums and Negative Ritual. I remember I tried the equip archetype, but I can't remember what my thoughts on it were.

Edited by user Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:58:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cards scripted: ...lost count
Cards released: 18
Cards illustrated: Double digits

Main Decks: D/D, Heraldic, Gusto on good days
thanks 1 user thanked Kindrindra for this useful post.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#65 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 12:12:46 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Originally Posted by: Kindrindra Go to Quoted Post
I remember my first thought upon reading the description was "oh my gosh I can run Black and White Wave", and then afterwards I realized the field supports it. That is awesome.

Lol, yeah. That's the concept behind the deck. Black and White Wave is an awesome card, but there aren't really any decks that can effectively run it (theoretically D/D/D and Noble Knight can do it, but it's not really effective (esp. since with the D/D/D the synchro is so good that it's not worth it)).

A few bugs I noticed:
-Incorporation needs a manual shuffle between the SendtoDeck and the draw, since SendtoDeck doesn't shuffle until the end of the resolution, so the 'shuffled' card ends up always being the card you draw.
-Hippogrif is affecting normal "Mystic Fauna" effect monsters, not just Synchro and Xyz monsters.
-Owl can search any "Mystic Fauna" card, not just monsters. Also, it can search itself.
-Deergle and Hippogrif can use their detach effects multiple times per turn.

The "If this card is shuffled" effects should probably have a once-per-turn, the loopz are scary (#OwlTurbo4Dayz). I just went from an empty field to all 3 Xyz + Hummingbird, and that is scary.

Thank you for the bug report. I think some of that is from when I was testing it, so I changed the effects to be more inclusive, but then I forgot to change it back. I'll fix those right away. I thought about making the effects once per turn (and I'll probably make Owl and maybe Cowl (cat-owl) once per turn because the searches are too good), but I also wanted you to be able to synchro consistently enough to get the xyz. If it wasn't decently fast you wouldn't be able to get the xyz very reliably, so it's kind of a difficult thing to balance. I think the idea was that you should be able to get maybe Deergle and another synchro on the first turn, just to stave your opponent off until turn 2, and then you can get Hippogrif and go for the throat with a double direct attack (possibly boosted by Hummingbird).

It's a very cool and unique deck, although I misplayed a few times early on because I didn't realize the bugs were bugs. XD
It's also funny because its easy to find yourself low on non-Tuner resources very quickly, which gives the most hilarious reason I've ever seen to get creative with your Extra Deck, that being using non-archetype synchros to give yourself some non-Tuner grave presence.

My dreams of raining down terror with the Raccoon engine was stomped out by all of the Xyz being archetype-locked, but that's probably a good thing. Encourages some out-of-archetype play!

Not sure why Hippogrif and Deergle specify 2 Level 2 Mystic Fauna, since the only Lv2 ones are the Synchro... Unless there's some Level-Modulating stuff you had in mind, which could be cool. Running a Level Lifter alongside the Raccoon engine could make for some cool plays, I should try that now.

Obedience Schooled is brutal

I forgot that Obedience Schooled was a thing. That is brutal. One for One is really good in this deck too. I made the xyz specific to the Mystic Fauna in case someone wanted (for whatever reason) to run Tannhauser Gate. I mean, that card kind of sucks, but it's pretty cool imo, and this deck is maybe the one deck that it could be reliable in. It would enable you to get the Xyz monsters with two tuners if your field becomes too clogged with tuners (though I always feel like using tuners to xyz is blasphemous, lol).

When I was testing it I always used Mystic Fauna Ferret and Terrier together, and using Ferret (while he doesn't search), allows you to consistently keep a non-tuner on the field, since every time you synchro he comes back. If he goes to the grave, you can always use Incorporation or the save-effect of the field spell to get him out on the field again. Tbh I more expected keeping tuners on the field to be a problem, since you can always get Ferret back and Cowl lets you get another monster as well.

Also, welcome back! I've been earnestly watching your thread for your next entry... Although I still need to try out the Reverse Pendulums and Negative Ritual. I remember I tried the equip archetype, but I can't remember what my thoughts on it were.

Thanks. I think the Requipped one is a little strong, but it's pretty fun, so I like it. Balance-wise it matches up with the Witchcrafters relatively evenly, I think. I did a couple duels between them and the results were fairly balanced. The Reverse Pendulum deck is pretty cool, imo. I really like fusion decks, though, so I might be a bit biased. That one was also kinda difficult to balance because of the nature of the Reverse Pendulum card type.

Originally Posted by: Debanjan.Sarkar987 Go to Quoted Post
Indeed very good artwork and effs

I will definitely try it

Good Job :thup

Thanks. Let me know what you think of the deck when you try it.

Edited by user Monday, June 27, 2016 2:29:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#66 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 2:38:11 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Update:
  • Fixed almost all of the bugs pointed out by Kindrindra. The only one I haven't yet fixed is Hippogrif affecting non-xyz and non-synchro monsters. I'm a bit stuck on that one because I'm not sure why the filter function isn't working or how to fix it. I don't think it will be too hard to figure out, though, so I'll update it soon with a fixed version.
  • Changed Mystic Fauna Owl and Mystic Fauna Cowl's search effects to be once per turn.
  • Added the following effect to every Necromantic ritual monster: "You can shuffle this card from your hand into the deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Necromantic XXX" once per turn." This should help to deal with clogging created when drawing too many ritual monsters while not giving any overpowered utility effects (a la Nekroz).

Edit: Fixed Hippogrif's effect. The problem was that it was set as EFFECT_TYPE_SINGLE when it should've been EFFECT_TYPE_FIELD. Oops. If you download the files now it should be fine.

Edited by user Monday, June 27, 2016 8:56:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kindrindra  
#67 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 11:53:43 PM(UTC)
Kindrindra

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Did some more testing and. Welp. Either Ferret needs an OPT or Obedience Schooled needs to be banned. I present to you a 20-step OTK requiring nothing but Obedience Schooled (or Left Arm Offering), and past step 6 it pretty much cannot be stopped (and if small negation happens before that, hey, you have your Normal Summon still).

1) Activate Obedience Schooled, summon Terrier, Ferret, and Cowl
2) Tune Terrier and Ferret for Hummingbird
3) They resummon themselves
4) Tune Terrier and Cowl for Vinoceros
5) Summon Terrier with Vinoceros, summon Winger with Cowl
6) Overlay Vinoceros and Hummingbird for Deergle, search whatever
7) Detach Hummingbird for Deergle's effect
8) Tune Winger and Ferret for Monkeagle
9) Ferret summons itself, Monkeagle summons Hummingbird
10) Overlay Monkeagle and Hummingbird for Jaglider
11) Detach and summon either Synchro
12) Tune Terrier and Ferret for anything, I like Unicorn
13) Ferret comes back
14) Overlay Synchros for Hippogrif
15) Summon Winger
16) Tuner Winger and Ferret for Hummingbird
17) Ferret comes back
18) Activate Hippogrif
19) Direct Attacks for a minimum of 14800 damage (more if your grave had stuff in it)
20) Win

EDIT: Teeeechnically the real minimum damage is 13900 damage, if Terrier somehow left your Grave after you were done with it (say, if you searched Incorporation with Deargle and decided to use it anytime after Step 12).

Edited by user Tuesday, June 28, 2016 12:14:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cards scripted: ...lost count
Cards released: 18
Cards illustrated: Double digits

Main Decks: D/D, Heraldic, Gusto on good days
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#68 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 12:35:16 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Yeah, you're right. I'll update it and make Ferret once per turn. I completely forgot that Obedience Schooled was a thing when I designed this deck. I might've gone with a non-beast theme if I had remembered that card existed. On one hand I feel like bringing Ferret to once per turn makes it easy to run out of non-tuners, but on the other hand the deck is full of searchers and non-archetypal support cards like Obedience Schooled and One for One, and cards like Monkeagle can help negate the need to synchro so often. Plus Incorporation gives you draw power that can help mitigate losing the non-tuners in your deck.

Even with Ferret as a OPT effect I feel like if this were a tcg deck Obedience Schooled would probably go to 1 because it's so powerful. I'm making an effort to try and make my decks relatively balanced without the need for a banlist, though, so I'll definitely change Ferret to OPT. Eventually (maybe in a couple months) I plan to go back and rebalance my older, less well-made archetypes so that there's no need for a banlist for them either.

Edit: Download updated. Mystic Fauna Ferret's effect is now Once Per Turn.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 28, 2016 12:37:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nwanex15  
#69 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 2:05:21 PM(UTC)
Nwanex15

mr dr sexy md, please how do i make my own cards ?
Your user name reminds me of the deck that "red eyes darkness dragon" uses in yugioh wc 2011 on nintendo ds. Its called "dr red md"
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:44:14 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Originally Posted by: Nwanex15 Go to Quoted Post
mr dr sexy md, please how do i make my own cards ?
Your user name reminds me of the deck that "red eyes darkness dragon" uses in yugioh wc 2011 on nintendo ds. Its called "dr red md"

That's funny, Dr. Red M.D. I love the redundancy of having both "Doctor" and "M.D." in the title.

Anyway, there's a couple tutorials in the "card scripts" section. This one and this one. They're both pretty good, but really being able to do really cool things and make new effects just comes with experience. If you look at the chronology of my cards, the first few basically had their effects ripped straight from already existing cards (e.g. Lilith, Aetherial Girl of the End's effect is literally just Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon's effect and Cyber Dragon Infinity's effect put together on one card), but then, as I began to understand the functions, what they do, and how they work the cards began to stray more from pre-existing effects.

The Seafarers are the first time I really started straying from existing effects, but I didn't really have a good enough grasp of things when I made them, so they're kinda glitchy. I'll go back and fix them at some point, but I digress. Anyway, if you really want to make your own cards, I have a download link to the Magic Set Editor inside the "explanation of new card types" spoiler in the second post on this forum. That will help you create the images. The two tutorials I linked to above are pretty good, so if you don't try anything too hard at first you should be fine, and you could always post in the Card Scripts forum if you need help.
Nwanex15  
#71 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:10:10 AM(UTC)
Nwanex15

thanks a lot
Debanjan.Sarkar987  
#72 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:09:48 PM(UTC)
Debanjan.Sarkar987

do the Hq pack contains Hq images for combustion and hellformed archetype

Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#73 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:53:41 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

do the Hq pack contains Hq images for combustion and hellformed archetype

Yeah, it has all of them. That said, from the Dinorider pack onward I got a new version of the Magic Set Editor, so those images are more HD than the others. I'll convert all of the cards to the new version of MSE eventually...
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#74 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 11:01:15 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

I went HAM over the past few days and have already finished my next archetype, the Psybernated. Yes, "cybernated" is a word. I thought it sounded cooler than "psybernetic," and I thought a technology-based psychic deck was appropriate since Yugioh has a history of making psychic decks have a high technology theme.

Anyway, it's a psychic-type contact fusion deck. Originally I was gonna make my Contact Fusion deck non-Pendulum, but I really wanted to make a Pendulum deck 'cause Pendulums are cool and I've been away for a month, so here we are. Since it's contact fusion, the material monsters get banished as cost for the fusion summons (I know that there are ones that just send to grave or even shuffle into the deck, but I went with banishment), so the deck revolves around banishment. Cards get effects from banishment (whether it be other cards being banished or themselves), and banishment is often used in effects as a sort of pseudo-cost.

Unlike the last archetype, which I kind of just wanted to release after putting it off working on it for a month, this one I'm pretty sure will have minimal bugs. If there are any they'll probably be with Psyberspace's destruction negation effect or Artillery Camilla's pendulum effect (because including contingencies for every combination of possible options leads to a lot of messy if statements). I'm not sure how good this deck will be balance-wise, but I don't think it will be too bad. The only card that might cause problems is Psyber-Freefall. I feel like that card makes there be one too many searching cards in the deck, but I couldn't really think of another effect to give it. If there is a balance issue because of searching power, I'll come up with something else to change it to.

Anyway, try it and let me know any glitches you find, if there's some sort of game-breaking thing making it really unbalanced (which is possible; I belted this out pretty quickly), and your thoughts on the deck in general. I think this one's pretty cool.

Edit: Fixed Psybernated Adventurer Alexa being able to add non-monsters to hand (though, depending on how powerful the deck ends up being I might want to bring that back, just for the field spell) and fixed Psybernated Katherine and Sylvia being able to activate their effects from opponent's cards being banished. I also reworded their effects to include cards banished from the hand and deck (changed "control" to "own").

Edit 2: I know this doesn't look good for how I said there would be few glitches, but I completely forgot to add the "banish during end phase" effect to Psyber-Evacuation. That's fixed now and I'm pretty sure everything should be good.

Edit 3: I decided that the field spell kind of sucks, so I made it let you draw 2 cards after you shuffle 2 into the deck (it previously just shuffled). I also feel like the fusions (specifically the level 9) are kind of underpowered, so I'll probably buff them a bit soon.

Edited by user Saturday, July 02, 2016 5:14:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Dr. Sexy M.D. for this useful post.
Debanjan.Sarkar987  
#75 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 4:20:17 PM(UTC)
Debanjan.Sarkar987

requesting support cards for combustion archetype :)

if possible that is
thanks 1 user thanked Debanjan.Sarkar987 for this useful post.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#76 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:13:07 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

requesting support cards for combustion archetype :)

if possible that is

I can do that. I'm actually planning to rework most of my old archetypes at some point (i.e. Mechangel and backwards) because I feel like they could be done a lot better. Also there's lots of problems with the Combustion archetype because I didn't understand how the REASONS worked for Duel.Destroy(), so I suspect that lots of them accidentally register their destruction as a cost rather than an effect.

I plan to finish the field-spell-monster deck that I've been putting off doing for like forever and then I'll try making the Psyber fusions suck a little less (which will probably only take like 30 minutes or so), but then I will retool the Combustion cards so that they mesh a little better and add some new ones. I always felt that they had a stark lack of cards that got effects when they were destroyed, especially for being a destruction-based deck.
thanks 1 user thanked Dr. Sexy M.D. for this useful post.
Leonex711  
#77 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:42:41 PM(UTC)
Leonex711

Is it possible for me to suggest ideas on new cards or even design a whole new archetype for you? I'm not at all good at scripting nor do I have the time. I am however interested in designing my own cards. Would it possible for you to consider my ideas? Only if you have the spare time for me of course. I already have the general ideas on how my cards would work.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#78 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 6:54:49 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Originally Posted by: Leonex711 Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible for me to suggest ideas on new cards or even design a whole new archetype for you? I'm not at all good at scripting nor do I have the time. I am however interested in designing my own cards. Would it possible for you to consider my ideas? Only if you have the spare time for me of course. I already have the general ideas on how my cards would work.

Yes, that's perfectly fine. I've done almost all of the deck themes that I had originally planned, so if you have a cool idea I'll totally do it. The next thing I'm doing (monsters as field spells) was an idea that Rage12 wanted me to do for him, so I'm open to suggestions.

Scripting isn't that hard to pick up, though. After doing it for a little while you can get complicated stuff done quickly. I, in large part, use it as a way to procrastinate on homework I don't want to do, so you can do it while you have stuff to do, too. That said, I'll still make your idea; I just wanted to point out that if you sat down for a while and tried it out, you may find yourself able to do it with relative ease.
Leonex711  
#79 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 8:29:56 AM(UTC)
Leonex711

Why dont you try to make a pokemon archetype.

For example:
  • Charmander
    Level: 4
    Attribute: FIRE
    Type: Beast
    Atk: 1500 Def: 1200

• Charmeleon
    Level: 6
    Effect: Cannot be normal summoned or set. Can only be special summoned by tributing a "Charmander" you control.
    Atk: 2200 Def: 1700

• Charizard
    Level: 8
    Effect: Cannot be normal summoned or set. Can only be special summoned by tributing a "Charmeleon" you control.
    Atk: 3000 Def: 2500

• Arceus
    Level: 12
    Attribute: DIVINE
    Effect: Cannot be normal summoned or set. Can only be special summoned by removing from play 6 monsters with different attributes from your field and/or graveyard. This card is also treated as a LIGHT, DARK, WIND, FIRE, WATER, and EARTH attribute monster. Once per turn, you can special summon a level 4 or lower beast type monster from your hand, deck, or graveyard. That special summoned monster can't attack the turn it is special summoned
    Atk: 4500 Def: 4500

Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#80 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 12:28:02 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

I've tried to stay away from making decks based on established series. I know that lots of people have done it, like Haku_Yowane's Vocaloid and Idol Master archetypes, AkiraDegawa's Fate/Grand Order archetypes, and fr0styguru's WIXOSS archetype (btw, WIXOSS is an awesome anime, if anyone hasn't seen it yet), but so far I've avoided doing it. I have used some art from other series (e.g. the art for Revival of the Necromantic Shade is from Lord of the Rings and the art for Aetherial Counterforce is from Touhou), but I have abstained from making decks directly about a specific series for a couple reasons, one being that I would feel obligated to make the card effects correspond to their subject's characterization/role in the source material (e.g. I'd have to make, say, Ash a summoner and Charizard would probably deal burn damage or have a destruction effect). I know that I don't have to do it that way, but I feel like I am obligated to, and that restriction makes it hard to design things in a balanced way. Also I kind of just like making new themes rather than basing it on other works.

Your idea for how it would work is very similar to something already in Yugioh, the LV monsters. When they are summoned, you must complete an action or wait a prescribed number of turns, after which you can SS a higher level version of the monster by sending the one on the field to the grave. I actually haven't done a LV-style deck yet, so I'll do that.

I think a better way to do a Pokemon deck (really emulating the way that Pokemon battles work) would be to have a few trainer monsters (e.g. Ash and Dawn) and they have the ability to SS 1 pokemon monster from your deck per turn, ignoring its summoning conditions, and while that monster is on the field the trainer cannot be targeted or destroyed by battle or card effects. Basically, the trainer calls out the pokemon and then the trainer is relatively safe until the pokemon is defeated. That's just how I would do it, though.

Anyway, in sum, I'll make a deck around the concept you gave (i.e. tributing lower forms of monsters to summon higher, evolved forms), but I probably won't do it as Pokemon because I'm not really a huge fan of doing stuff based around existing series. I do think a Pokemon archetype where a trainer monster called out pokemon monsters to defend him would be super cool, though.