YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages«<34567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gamemaster719  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:44:09 PM(UTC)
Gamemaster719

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
so i finally figured out how to redo that cdb file for your cards in the all pack ( without card packer- and even with card packer couldnt figure it out properly) anyways to fix your cdb in the all pack...

drag and rearange order in your cdb then copy the entries and paste then into a blank cdb file ( that has proper order, just learned other day you can copy paste them.) today will be the first time i actually get to see your cards... i been collecting everyones cards and checking them all out... :)
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#82 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 8:45:39 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 71 post(s)
I think I was trying to tell you to try something like that a while ago, but I didn't articulate it very well, I suppose. Oh well. At least it's finally all sorted out. Let me know what you think of them when you're done trying them out :)

Edit: Also, @hung96, I was trying to reply to your PM, but your inbox is full.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 20, 2016 9:19:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gamemaster719  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 9:36:06 PM(UTC)
Gamemaster719

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Sweet you should pick up my card pack too would like see your cards in action and be cool show you my cards i could pm you the link..
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#84 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 4:56:27 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

That would be cool. I'll gladly check out your cards if you send me the link.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#85 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 9:51:06 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Update: I changed the Psyber fusion monsters to be stronger, so the deck will probably be much better now. Before I thought that the time it takes and the cost of summoning the fusions was not worth it for the measly payoff. I have implemented the following changes:
  • Every fusion (except Camilla, because I ran out of text space in SQLite, so I am unable to add new effects) has gained the effect "If this card is destroyed or banished, you can Special Summon 1 of your banished non-Fusion "Psyber" monsters." I believe that this will allow you to fusion summon much more consistently, allow you to use the fusion monsters as cost for effects without as much of a penalty, and mitigate the large negative effect that having a fusion monster destroyed had previously caused. Before, all your opponent needed to do was summon, say, Kozmo Dark Destroyer, and it could ruin you, since there was little way to get your fusions back from the face-up extra deck without banishing two more of your monsters. This weakness should (hopefully) be fixed without making the deck too powerful.
  • Psybernated Striker Angela is now immune to destruction by battle.
  • Psybernated Synth Katherine is now immune to destruction by card effect.
  • Psybernated Edge Demetra now banished monsters instead of destroying them with her "banish this card, the target and destroy opponent's monster" effect. Additionally, she now Special Summons herself (Stardust Dragon style) during the End Phase of the turn that effect is activated.

Hopefully these changes will make the previously lackluster fusions more viable without making the deck too OP. I may have to make the special summon effect a named OPT, but for now I'll leave it as-is. It will really take some playtesting to determine that, though. I didn't change Camilla because I ran out of space to write effects in SQLite, but I think she's pretty good as-is. She might be a little weak, but it shouldn't be too bad, especially since summoning her now lets you SS 3 of your banished non-fusion monsters.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#86 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 9:02:29 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

With the newest update (which makes the old pendulum procedure method not work), some of my older pendulum cards will no longer work. I know for a fact that the Aetherial Girl cards will no longer be able to be placed in the pendulum zone, and I'm not sure how many of the other archetypes are affected by this. I will upload fixed versions very soon. I'm also currently working on a redesign of the Combustion archetype that fixes the glitches present in the current version, improves the compatibility and flow of the deck, and adds a couple new cards.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#87 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 7:23:20 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

All Pendulum cards should be fixed now. Most of the newer ones were already working anyway. Regardless, they should all be working now.

Edit: I realized that I forgot to put the "c" inside EnablePendulumAttribute(c), so the cards actually are not fixed. I will have them fixed tomorrow.

Edit 2: It's a little later than planned (due to my final exam coming up), but everything is finally fixed.

Edited by user Thursday, August 04, 2016 2:14:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#88 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 6:27:54 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

So, I took a really long break from Yugioh, but my little brother is getting me back into it. I'm going to try getting into custom card development again. I'll start trying to finish the deck I was working on when I stopped soon. My last final exam for this semester is tomorrow, so once that's over I'll have time to work on the new archetype. After that's done I might make an archetype using Eronan's Rune Monster card type. They seem interesting and relatively straightforward.

Anyway, did they change something about the way cards work in the 4 months I was gone? I know that basically right before I stopped working on custom cards they made EnablePendulumProcedure antiquated, so I fixed all of that. I believe that most of my cards worked then. Now I'm finding that Requipped Arms - Enchanted Shield no longer works, and neither do any of the Hellformed and Witchcrafter pendulum monsters. I figured it was just that all of my pendulum monsters were messed up, but for whatever reason the Mechangel cards seem to work at least a little, so I don't know what's up. The problems do seem contained to pendulum cards and Requipped Arms - Enchanted Shield, though (from what I've tested so far, at least). I suppose I'll have time to figure out what's wrong with them and fix them, but any help would be appreciated; I haven't worked on this in over 4 months, so I'm a bit out of practice.
razordrakegorz  
#89 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 11:02:27 AM(UTC)
razordrakegorz

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Welcome back Dr. Sexy M.D!
I've been using your archetypes for a while and most of them still work well, exept some of the pendulum ones where the effects don't activate (RIP combustion phoenix, I can't manage to trigger its revival no matter how I try :cry )
Even without the phoenix the combustion is still very powerful, but knowing there's an ultra powerful strategy just beyond my grasp is irking me :P .
The seafarer archetype is really, really good, usually being able to win as soon as the opponent sets or activates a spell/ trap :laugh .
I'm looking forward to see the new archetypes you're working with! :thup
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#90 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 1:05:26 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Originally Posted by: razordrakegorz Go to Quoted Post
Welcome back Dr. Sexy M.D!
I've been using your archetypes for a while and most of them still work well, exept some of the pendulum ones where the effects don't activate (RIP combustion phoenix, I can't manage to trigger its revival no matter how I try :cry )
Even without the phoenix the combustion is still very powerful, but knowing there's an ultra powerful strategy just beyond my grasp is irking me :P .
The seafarer archetype is really, really good, usually being able to win as soon as the opponent sets or activates a spell/ trap :laugh .
I'm looking forward to see the new archetypes you're working with! :thup

Thanks. I'll figure out what's up and fix them sometime. The Witchcrafters were one of my favorite archetypes I made and none of them work now (at least for me; idk why) :cry

When I stopped I was actually in the middle of remaking the Combustion archetype. I finished redesigning all of them but not recoding them. I think I made Combustion Phoenix different because it's so much stronger than every other card in the deck and is almost impossible to get rid of. I did make some of the other cards better (or rather, different), though, because I didn't like how the deck was based around destruction but only 2 or 3 cards in the deck actually got effects from it.

The archetype I was working on when I stopped was a flip effect/xyz deck, so that will likely be the next thing I do. After that I'll probably play around with Eronan's Rune Monster card type or finish my remake of the Combustion cards (it'll probably be the former, though). Editing completed archetypes is kinda boring for me, but somewhere along the way I'd like to change the Seafarer expansion because it's stupidly broken (which was kinda on purpose at the time) and the Hellformed cards, because there's so much about that archetype that makes it way too strong. That might be sometime off, though (if I ever get to it).

Edited by user Sunday, December 18, 2016 1:16:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Dr. Sexy M.D. for this useful post.
ha_n  
#91 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 12:55:30 PM(UTC)
ha_n

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Your archetype is really cool. I always want to try new your archetype. Please continue to make more. Thank you :laugh
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#92 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 2:20:22 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

I have finally completed my newest archetype, the Glade. It's been relatively done for a while, I was just trying to figure out how to do the final effect. Anyway, it's finally complete. It's a flip-effect-based fairy Xyz deck. The deck should be decently fast if you get the right hand and the effects strong enough, but the fact that they all SS in face-down defense slows the deck down a bit. To counter this several cards have effects that flip things face-up. The Xyz Monsters are the main ways to deal damage to the opponent, though. The rank 3 can destroy the opponent's field and the rank 4 can inflict burn damage as well as destroy spell/trap cards. The field spell enables you to gain life points, further increasing the gap between you and your opponent, as well as amping the Atk and Def of your monsters so that they stand a chance against the opponent's.

There is one balance concern I have: The House at the End of the Glade. At one point I had it so that you could flip 2 face-down monsters face-up per turn, but I decided that was too good, since you could combine that with Benevolent Goddess of the Glade to do an insane amount of burn damage, not to mention that if you got 2 copies of it you could flip 4 monsters per turn. Due to this, I decreased it to 1 flip per turn. This may make the deck too slow. If this turns out to be the case, I may change it back. Other than that I think it's probably fine, barring the use of some non-archetypal card that breaks the deck. Divine Wind of the Mist Valley might work out well in this deck, but if you use that you won't be able to use Village Within the Glade at the same time, so it'd be a trade-off.

Anyway, I think this deck will be fun, or at the very least interesting, to use. I think it will bring speed and consistency to flip-effect decks, which is what has been holding that card type back. The combination of Village Within the Glade and House at the End of the Glade will ensure that your face-down cards survive at least long enough to get flipped face-up, and probably long enough to be used for an Xyz Summon, and the ability to flip your cards face-up the turn they're set using effects will help speed it up. Once you get the grave set-up, powerful and consistent revival effects will make the deck very hard to deal with.

Have fun with the archetype. It should be interesting to play and decently competitive. Let me know of any bugs you find and what you think of the archetype. I'll look into why many of my pendulum decks aren't working soon. It seems like the only ones affected are the decks where the left and right scales are different, but I think that's just coincidence.

Edited by user Thursday, January 05, 2017 2:21:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ColdPhoenix  
#93 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 9:36:43 PM(UTC)
ColdPhoenix

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Welcome back, Dr. Sexy M.D.
Rin_Yuri_Kurosawa  
#94 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:30:22 AM(UTC)
Rin_Yuri_Kurosawa

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Cool!
There's so many card types i don't even known. Thanks for uploading these
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#95 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:44:32 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Originally Posted by: Rin_Yuri_Kurosawa Go to Quoted Post
Cool!
There's so many card types i don't even known. Thanks for uploading these

You're welcome. A lot of the pendulum archetypes don't seem to be working right now, though. I'm working on that.
MetaphysHunter  
#96 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:05:06 PM(UTC)
MetaphysHunter

New Archetype Idea
Mest
----LORE----
Some demons are untamable. Such are known as the mest ,bloodhungry savage devils with only the intent to kill.
----What they do----
Based on makimng lots of attacks then attacking even MORE .
ex. Spell to Cast Mest Zombies
When a non-token monster leaves the field Special Summon one "Mest Zombie Token" (0 atk/0 def/Zombie/DARK)
"Mest" Monsters You Controll gain 500 Atk and Def
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#97 Posted : Sunday, August 06, 2017 2:51:11 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Well, it's been forever since I've uploaded here, but I was feeling bored so I went back and made some more cards. Unfortunately I don't have a full archetype release, but I'll possibly get around to that soon. Anyway, I felt like the Glade archetype wasn't strong enough and was downright frustrating to play at times, so I added 3 new cards to it. So if you were a fan of the Glades, you're in luck.

I felt like they were too reliant on House at the End of the Glade to make their plays, but that card was unsearchable, so I created a card that both searches it, and enables plays by flipping a facedown monster. Additionally, Intrepid Fairy is incredibly strong, allowing potentially multiple bounces per turn, but she could be annoying by taking up a monster zone and being unable to be used for an xyz summon. To counter this I added a card that lets you tribute a Glade monster on the field and offers a variety of effects to choose from for doing so. Finally, I felt like their Xyz monsters were a little underwhelming in today's game, so I made a rank 1 xyz monster (offering a use for Diminutive Sprite if you happen to get 2) that can be SS on top of any Glade monster you already control, allows you to SS any Glade Xyz on top of it (if you detach 2 materials), and can negate a card or effect once per turn. Will this make Glades viable? Probably not against the likes of Zoos, but they will be much stronger and will feel a lot better to play. Additionally, I buffed The Dark Side of the Glade so that it now banishes a S/T card instead of destroying it, but I made it require you to control a Glade monster (faceup or facedown) to activate. I also fixed a timing issue on Tranquil Trail Through the Glade.

I fixed all the broken pictures on the main post and updated all downloads so that you no longer need the card packer. Now you can just extract them straight into the "expansions" folder and they should be added. I also fixed every archetype that wasn't working due to an issue with the special summon limit condition.

I have a few archetypes designed, so if I do get around to making a full new archetype it will probably be either a theme similar to the Mystic Fauna called the Mystic Flora, which will use a new summoning method I've dubbed Cascade Summoning (which is what I believed the next summoning method would be, and what I believe it *should've* been. It's similar to xyz summoning, but it requires concurrent levels (e.g. a level 4 + a level 5) and sends to the grave (like synchro summoning) instead overlaying), or it will be a Pendulum/Ritual deck themed around angels entitled On High. I also have a link deck planned, but Percy doesn't support that yet, so I'll hold off on it for now. Tbh I'll probably make the Mystic Flora first because I like how their mechanical design more, but I like the idea of pendulum/rituals, so if I don't get bored they'll both be made eventually.

Edit: I feel like the Psyber extra deck monsters are kind of weak, specifically their boss monster, but the deck's combos are so extensive and virtually unrestricted that I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Maybe I'll buff their boss monster, but to be honest I think they're able to get the monsters out so easily that it doesn't matter; the sheer beatdown can win. I'm also considering giving their tuners a "If this card is used as a material for a synchro summon, shuffle it into the deck" clause, because all Pendulum tuners have some sort of restriction, and banishment (the usual go-to) is more of a benefit for this deck than a punishment. The deck has so many combos that it's really quite fun to play, imo, so I'll mess around with it more and see if anything needs tweaking.

Edited by user Sunday, August 06, 2017 3:03:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#98 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:29:07 AM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

Witchcrafters are probably my favorite archetype out of those I've made, and I am kind of unhappy with the crossover cards since they break the theme of mandatory scale-switch effects that the rest of the Witchcrafters have, so I decided to give them more support to bring them up to speed with the metagame. One of the new Xyz monsters grants protection versus destruction and summon negation, and one has a quick effect to destroy opponent's monsters when they're summoned. These cards should help with going first by giving your cards protection and giving you quick effects with which to deal with opponent's monsters. The new rank 3 is designed to make running rank-down-magics and ranking down into a r3nk more attractive. The addition of a rank 7 also helps by enabling you use a double and single RUM concurrently on the same monster.

I thought that, aside from their field spell, all of the archetypal Witchcrafter S/T support cards were rather lackluster (Alchemical Experiment is good, but not good enough to run at more than 1, and Duplication is too slow), so I've made some more spell support. Night of the Witchcrafters is designed to give them more speed by helping with resource generation. You have to destroy a Witchcrafter card in your Pendulum Zone to use it, so it's not quite as free of a +1 as Draco Face-Off, which its effect is very similar to, and its effect will be diminished in effectiveness by Links anyway, so I don't think it's too strong. Witchcrafter's Creation lets you recycle Rank-Up-Magics and will protect your Witchcrafters from banishment, which could prove strong against cards like Trishula and ABC-Dragon Buster. Witchcrafter's Longing is pretty much a free card if you can manage to get a rank-up in on your turn, and its other effects are useful for continuing plays and surviving Link format (by returning face-up cards in your extra deck to your hand). The new rank-ups are designed to help the deck continue to rank-up more in the same turn, since all the Witchcrafter RUMs are HOPT. Resplendent Force also helps you continue your plays by SS a card from the grave.

Additionally, I copied the pure-Witchcrafter card and the Rank-Down-Magic I liked from the crossover pack into the new Witchcrafter Expansion and added a new main-deck Witchcrafter to accompany Witchcrafter Susanna, since every other Witchcrafter has a counterpart with the same pendulum effect. The effect of the new Witchcrafter main-deck should also aid in starting plays if you don't draw enough Witchcrafters to pendulum summon.

Finally, I fixed the effects of Yurine, Ukina, and Leanne so that Yurine and Ukina's pendulum effects can no longer be activated unless you control 2 "Witchcrafters" and Leanne's destruction effect no longer uses the SetTargetCard() function, since it's not supposed to target.

If you liked the Witchcrafters, I hope you enjoy this update. I tried to make them all in-theme this time and to continue with the theme of Xyz monsters gaining effects from the number of materials on them, since I thought that was a nice concept that encourages ranking up/down multiple times. Witchcrafter Olivia is *really* strong defensively, so I might change her effect if it proves to be too strong; please give me feedback on this new update if you play/enjoy it, including thoughts on balance and/or any glitches you find.
Dr. Sexy M.D.  
#99 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 10:10:21 PM(UTC)
Dr. Sexy M.D.

I'm back again, and it only took three months! This time I bring with me a new Synchro into Xyz archetype, this time of Dragon-type monsters. I really like the idea of Synchro summoning monsters and then using them as ladder monsters to Xyz summon with, so I decided to use that theme again. Instead of a low-level deck with an alt-win condition (i.e. doesn't involve removing all of your opponent's monsters from the field), this time I opted for a rank 8 deck with the more traditional strategy of having strong effects to remove your opponent's cards from the field and otherwise disrupt them.

The theme of this deck is Dragon-type monsters (because somehow I haven't done that yet). The main-decks are the baby dragons, who then call the adult dragons when you Synchro summon. The adult dragons then turn into the rulers of dragonkind when you Xyz summon with them.

I've been very interested in Fableds lately, which had me yearning for a time when every effect (even mediocre ones) wasn't burdened by hard once per turns. In this vein, none of the main-deck effects (aside from those that search, because if SPYRALs taught us anything, it's to never make a search not once per turn) are once per turn. I ended up making most of the Synchro effects HOPT, because you'd be able to loop them really easily if I didn't. This deck works around revealing monsters in your hand to gain effects, a trigger that doesn't happen in the official card game because cards are normally revealed by rules more than effects and it might be a bit confusing. The easiest combo to demonstrate its usage in this deck is the wind and water monsters. The wind one reveals a "Dragoscendent" monster in your hand, and if you do, SS it. When the water one is revealed by the effect of a "Dragoscendent" card, you can SS it. So, using the wind to reveal the water gives the water its effect, letting you SS them both and get a synchro. I thought it was an interesting/unique mechanic that limits the deck by requiring you to maintain significant hand advantage in order to do anything.

Additionally, most of the main-decks are designed to pair with another monster. The water-wind combo goes really well together, as do fire-earth and light-dark. That said, they all work pretty well together regardless of the combination (e.g. fire-dark will get you 2 searches at once). I really like the way the deck is designed, but it may be a little strong under Master Rule 3. I have Link monsters designed for most of the archetypes that I have listed under the "Archetypes I like a lot" heading, but I'll wait until Percy releases it's Master Rule 4 update to make them. Rest assured that this deck will still (likely) be viable under MR4. The Glade link also includes a nice workaround for when your opponent's running a Link deck and you can't set their monsters.

Originally Dragoscendent Inheritance didn't exist, but I felt that the archetype had too little cards for its reliance on using only archetypal monsters, so I gave them a new spell. If they end up being too strong because of Inheritance I can adjust it, but we'll see if that has to happen. Like I said, I think they'll be a bit strong for MR3 anyway, but hand traps and Solemns will probably hurt them really badly if they go second, so maybe they won't be.

Anyway, let me know what you think if this deck: Criticisms, comments, bugs you find, etc. Hopefully you'll enjoy it and it will be decently balanced. I think it's probably a lot better first-turn than second-turn, though.

A while ago a surprising proportion of people on the Yugioh subreddit expressed a desire for an Alice in Wonderland-themed archetype, so the next theme I make will likely be either a ghost-themed Zombie-type archetype, a re-tooling of the anime Earthbound Servants, a synchro archetype based around using a specific tuner monster for the summons (similar to how Genex must use Genex Controller), or an Alice in Wonderland archetype based around lowering ATK to set off trigger effects. It will probably be the latter, but you never know with me :P

Edited by user Sunday, October 29, 2017 10:12:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ColdPhoenix  
#100 Posted : Thursday, November 02, 2017 10:41:53 AM(UTC)
ColdPhoenix

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I like the new cards. Nice artwork and cool play style. They are also quite powerful.