YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SotheY  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 1:32:58 PM(UTC)
SotheY

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Hello YGO Community!

As some of you may ahve noticed my dozens of questions regarding the scripts of my newest archetype, you can now see the results!

My newest (and one of my favourite) archetype "Echo" revolves around having lots of "Echo" monsters with different names in the GY. While some monsters activate their effects in the GY, others help setting things up or recycle used monsters. Now for some examples:

Echo Hero
Warrior/Effect
Lv 4
1900/1200

If this card battles while you have 3 or more "Echo" monsters with different names in your GY, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card is destroyed by battle or if this card in your possession is destroyed by an opponent's card effect and sent to your GY: You can target 1 other "Echo" monster in your GY; shuffle that target into the Deck, and if you do, Special Summon this card.

Echo Magician
Spellcaster/Effect
Lv 3
1300/500

When this card is summoned: You can send 1 "Echo" monster from your Deck to the GY. Once per turn, if a monster was sent to your GY this turn while you controlled this face-up card: You can make all "Echo" monsters you currently control gain 200 ATK for each "Echo" monster with a different name in your GY, until the end of this turn.

Echo Soldier
Warrior/Effect
Lv 4
1200/2200

If you have 5 or more "Echo" monsters with different names in your GY, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. Once, while this card is in your GY (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up Attack Position "Echo" monster you control; change it to face-up Defense Position, and if you do, it gains 2200 DEF, until the end of this turn.

Echo Witch
Spellcaster/Effect
Lv 2
800/200

Gains 100 ATK and DEF for each "Echo" monster in your GY. While this card is in your GY, "Echo" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF.

Echo Princess
Spellcaster/Effect
Lv 4
1600/1800

When another card or another effect is activated, that targets exactly 1 "Echo" monster you control (and no other cards), while you have 3 or more "Echo" monsters with different names in your GY (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target, then shuffle 1 "Echo" monster from your GY into the Deck. During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your GY and it was sent there from the field: You can target 1 "Echo" monster you control; it gains 100 ATK for each "Echo" monster with a different name in your GY. You can only use this effect of "Echo Princess" once per turn.

Echo Priestess
Spellcaster/Effect
Lv 1
100/100

When an "Echo" monster is sent to your GY (Quick Effect): You can discard this card; add 1 "Echo" monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is in your GY, when an "Echo" monster you control is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the GY: You can add this card to your hand. You can only use 1 "Echo Priestess" effect per turn and only once per turn.

Echo Call
Normal Spell
Reveal 3 "Echo" monsters with different names from your Deck, have your opponent randomly add 1 of them to your hand, and send the rest to the GY. You can only activate 1 "Echo Call" per turn.

Exalted Falchion
Equip Spell
Equip only to "Echo Hero". It gains 1000 ATK, also, if it battles a Dragon-Type monster, destroy that monster at the beginning of the Damage Step, then you can send 1 card from your Deck to the GY. If the equipped monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can send 1 card from your Deck to the GY. While equipped to a monster, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

In total, this archetypes comes with 17 monsters and a bunch of spell and trap cards!

And as always, you can download this pack in English AND German! For download links see below:
IMPORTANT: In order to see the link, you need to thank this post and reload the page!

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in before you can view hidden messages.

After downloading this archetype, please please please leave a short feedback message under this threat in order for me to improve my next archetypes! Feedback appreciated for artwork, effects and whatever comes to your mind!

For installation, simply extract the cdb and the .zip archive into your expansions folder.

Credit:
Character Artworks: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/
Background: mod. after http://hechiceroo.devian...t/Valefor-Seal-195886524
Spell/Trap Artworks: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_Wikia

Make sure you also check out my first custom archetype Esper by following this link!

Edited by user Friday, January 05, 2018 9:33:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 38 users thanked SotheY for this useful post.
poblayuri  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 4:19:49 PM(UTC)
poblayuri

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Seems nice can't wait for trying it! Only problem is the download link isn't appearing... T^T

Edited by user Friday, July 28, 2017 4:24:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked poblayuri for this useful post.
Laxusrichy  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 6:27:24 PM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Where is the download link?
SotheY  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 6:56:36 PM(UTC)
SotheY

Originally Posted by: Laxusrichy Go to Quoted Post

I've indicated the download part in red. Simply click on your preferred language and you will be redirected to my Google Drive.

I also found and fixed a bug with "Echo Guardian".
SotheY  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 7:00:53 PM(UTC)
SotheY

Originally Posted by: poblayuri Go to Quoted Post
Seems nice can't wait for trying it! Only problem is the download link isn't appearing... T^T

I used the "You need to thank to see the content" thingy, not because I want many thanks, just to see how many people actually downloaded it. Maybe it wasn't working...

Let me know if it's possible now.
Tea82  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:19:43 AM(UTC)
Tea82

Was thanked: 325 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Your custom cards looking very interesting but like the users say even if they thanks your post still the link is hidden!! Ah wait it's working simply the users must reload the site!!;)

Edited by user Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:20:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Tea82 for this useful post.
SotheY  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 11:38:29 AM(UTC)
SotheY

Originally Posted by: Tea82 Go to Quoted Post
Your custom cards looking very interesting but like the users say even if they thanks your post still the link is hidden!! Ah wait it's working simply the users must reload the site!!;)

Thanks for the reply! I edited the first post so people know about this issue!
Haku_Yowane  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 12:23:33 PM(UTC)
Haku_Yowane

Was thanked: 491 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Hi there, i must say that this archetype is pretty interesting, but there's few things that we need to talk about.....
I found that some of the card's artworks are missing. I think that's because you put "0" digit in front of the pic's image....
That's all, thanks for listening for this, i can't wait to try out these guys on action
Welcome to my custom card gallery
thanks 1 user thanked Haku_Yowane for this useful post.
SotheY  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 12:44:31 PM(UTC)
SotheY

Originally Posted by: Haku_Yowane Go to Quoted Post
Hi there, i must say that this archetype is pretty interesting, but there's few things that we need to talk about.....
I found that some of the card's artworks are missing. I think that's because you put "0" digit in front of the pic's image....
That's all, thanks for listening for this, i can't wait to try out these guys on action

Oh, I see now. Weird, I can't explain why that happened. Only affects the English Version though. I'll re-upload the pics. Thanks for the reply! :thup

Edited by user Saturday, July 29, 2017 12:46:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked SotheY for this useful post.
magicianpower  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 1:37:18 PM(UTC)
magicianpower

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks!
Laxusrichy  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 1:13:41 PM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Originally Posted by: SotheY Go to Quoted Post

I've indicated the download part in red. Simply click on your preferred language and you will be redirected to my Google Drive.

I also found and fixed a bug with "Echo Guardian".

Thank you very much, I was able to download, and I have already tested the archetype.
I found it very interesting, the deck looks good without being too appellative, very creative, but I by testing, I realized that the "Echo Victory" card is working the wrong way. From what I understand, its effect can only be activated when an "Echo" monster I control destroys my opponent's monster by battle, so I can send an "Echo" monster to the cemetery.

But this effect can also be activated when an opponent's monster destroys an Echo monster that I control, allowing me to send an Echo monster from my deck to the graveyard. Have you made the correction for this?
thanks 1 user thanked Laxusrichy for this useful post.
SotheY  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 2:39:45 PM(UTC)
SotheY

Thank you very much, I was able to download, and I have already tested the archetype.
I found it very interesting, the deck looks good without being too appellative, very creative, but I by testing, I realized that the "Echo Victory" card is working the wrong way. From what I understand, its effect can only be activated when an "Echo" monster I control destroys my opponent's monster by battle, so I can send an "Echo" monster to the cemetery.

But this effect can also be activated when an opponent's monster destroys an Echo monster that I control, allowing me to send an Echo monster from my deck to the graveyard. Have you made the correction for this?

Thank you for the feedback!
I was not aware of this issue until now. I will look into it when I have time. Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: The fix was easier than I thought. Should work now, at least it did for me when I tested. New files have been uploaded. Let me know if you come across other issues! Thanks a million!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 08, 2017 2:56:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SotheY  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 11:30:53 AM(UTC)
SotheY

Bug Fix: "Echo Witch" also gained ATK and DEF from "Echo" Spell/Traps in the GY.

Bug Fix: "Echohexe" erhielt auch ATK und DEF von "Echo"-Zauber/Fallen im Friedhof.
ha_n  
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 6:51:32 AM(UTC)
ha_n

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 34 post(s)
What an nostalgia ! Can't wait to see how Fire Emblem will appear in Yugioh. Hope this archetype will be updated more. Thanks
Laxusrichy  
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:25:33 PM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Thank you for the feedback!
I was not aware of this issue until now. I will look into it when I have time. Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: The fix was easier than I thought. Should work now, at least it did for me when I tested. New files have been uploaded. Let me know if you come across other issues! Thanks a million!

Hello SotheY.

I came to congratulate you on the created archetype, for I finally got the time to test it the way I wanted it. I liked it a lot, it's a lot of fun to play with the monsters "Echo", and I've already learned several possible combos to do. :clap

But I'd like to talk about one observation my. I did not find any bug or anything. But I want to give my opinion on the balance of the deck itself for the game. :roll

This will only be my opinion, if you do not want to take into consideration, feel free to disagree, but I ended up discovering enough pretty overpowers combos that can be done on the deck. :whist

I do not know if you wanted to make a balanced deck that was not too "overpower", but I'll leave my addendum.

For example, the effect of the monster "Echo Guardian", I found it quite cool the idea of special summoning it by its direct effect from deck to the field, but I would put the condition "Once per duel". Because this effect is very easy to accomplish, and if I to put 3 copies of it on the deck, I practically much break my opponent's attacks. Not to mention the "Echo Buddy" effect, which is quite useful, and returns the "Echo Guardian" to the deck. So I think the "Echo Guardian" effect is "overpower", although it's cool. :wall

And the effect of "Echo Sorceress", which I found cool too, but I would put the condition "This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field". Because it is very easy to block my opponent's battle phase with its effect, because the deck is full of cards with effects that send "Echo" monsters from the deck to the graveyard, as well as the "Echo Buddy" himself who can do this easily with its effect. So, I would put this condition (similar to Wind-up). ;)

And that's it, it's just my opinion of the balanced deck for the game. I know that in Yugioh, there are many archetypes that are extremely "overpower", but still have a certain balance for the game. But aside from those details, the deck was very well crafted, even so you are to be congratulated, I can hardly wait for your next project. :thup
thanks 1 user thanked Laxusrichy for this useful post.
SotheY  
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:54:08 PM(UTC)
SotheY

Hey Laxus! First I want you to thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it! I indeed tried to create a deck that is powerful, but balanced at the same time. I made a few custom archetypes in the past, but this one is my favourite and I think it is the best I made so far, both in terms of power and balance. Now for your card-specific feedback:

For example, the effect of the monster "Echo Guardian", I found it quite cool the idea of special summoning it by its direct effect from deck to the field, but I would put the condition "Once per duel". Because this effect is very easy to accomplish, and if I to put 3 copies of it on the deck, I practically much break my opponent's attacks. Not to mention the "Echo Buddy" effect, which is quite useful, and returns the "Echo Guardian" to the deck. So I think the "Echo Guardian" effect is "overpower", although it's cool. :wall

I am glad that you mention this, because I thought about this card a lot. When I created this card, I wanted to have a "wall" against all the OTK decks out there, but I soon realised that Echo Guardian might have gone a step too far.
I don't want to make it too restrictive by putting a "once per duel" clause on it. My idea was that I maybe change it's effect to activate in the GY instead of the deck and then shuffling it back into the deck when it's summoned that way. That way you would always need to drop it to the GY again to use its effect and it wouldn't trigger by surprise (because the opponent knows its in the GY and can try to work aroun it by banishing it for example). What do you think about this approach?

And the effect of "Echo Sorceress", which I found cool too, but I would put the condition "This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field". Because it is very easy to block my opponent's battle phase with its effect, because the deck is full of cards with effects that send "Echo" monsters from the deck to the graveyard, as well as the "Echo Buddy" himself who can do this easily with its effect. So, I would put this condition (similar to Wind-up). ;)

What still bugs me about Echo Sorceress up to this day is that her effect activates more than once per turn, which I find aesthetically horrible. The reason why I didn't put a "once per turn" clause on it was that I wanted to be able to get a second try so to say in case the opponent negated the effect. But your feedback actually brings me to the point where I say I could slap a hard opt clause on her.
To get back to your feedback, I don't think she is that much of a problem or OP, because there are tons of card removal effects in this game right now. I see her basically as a worse Swords of Revealing Light which granted can last for an infinite amount of turns but also needs constant setup.

That being said, I hope you continue to enjoy my archetype. I have a few new cards in repository which I plan on releasing as soon as Link monsters are out on YGOPro Percy. ;)
If you have any suggestion on what kind of support the Echo archetype could need, feel free to send in your ideas!

Cheers, SotheY! :laugh

Edited by user Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:56:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Laxusrichy  
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 9:33:07 AM(UTC)
Laxusrichy

Hey Laxus! First I want you to thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it! I indeed tried to create a deck that is powerful, but balanced at the same time. I made a few custom archetypes in the past, but this one is my favourite and I think it is the best I made so far, both in terms of power and balance. Now for your card-specific feedback:

I am glad that you mention this, because I thought about this card a lot. When I created this card, I wanted to have a "wall" against all the OTK decks out there, but I soon realised that Echo Guardian might have gone a step too far.
I don't want to make it too restrictive by putting a "once per duel" clause on it. My idea was that I maybe change it's effect to activate in the GY instead of the deck and then shuffling it back into the deck when it's summoned that way. That way you would always need to drop it to the GY again to use its effect and it wouldn't trigger by surprise (because the opponent knows its in the GY and can try to work aroun it by banishing it for example). What do you think about this approach?

What still bugs me about Echo Sorceress up to this day is that her effect activates more than once per turn, which I find aesthetically horrible. The reason why I didn't put a "once per turn" clause on it was that I wanted to be able to get a second try so to say in case the opponent negated the effect. But your feedback actually brings me to the point where I say I could slap a hard opt clause on her.
To get back to your feedback, I don't think she is that much of a problem or OP, because there are tons of card removal effects in this game right now. I see her basically as a worse Swords of Revealing Light which granted can last for an infinite amount of turns but also needs constant setup.

That being said, I hope you continue to enjoy my archetype. I have a few new cards in repository which I plan on releasing as soon as Link monsters are out on YGOPro Percy. ;)
If you have any suggestion on what kind of support the Echo archetype could need, feel free to send in your ideas!

Cheers, SotheY! :laugh

:O
Wow, I'm glad that my comments are helping, and good that you had a good understanding of what I said, because I'm using the translator because I'm Brazilian and my English is bad.

But now I understand what you wanted, a strong but balanced archetype. Well, in a way, you managed to leave him like this.

Well, talking about "Echo Guardian", I think it would be a good condition to be activated in the graveyard, except that would would remove the characteristic that I liked the effect of it, which is to be special summoned from the main deck. I think it would be interesting to put something like "You can Special Summon this card from your deck, the end of the Battle Phase, but banish it when it leaves the field." Similar to the "Jet Synchro" that is removed from the game if it is special summoned by its effect.
Or a restriction saying "this card can not return from the graveyard to the deck", preventing it from returning all the time to the main deck with the effect of Echo Buddy or Echo Knight. Despite this to break the purpose of the deck.

Well, I do not know how the scripts work, maybe it's not possible to put this condition in a normal way, but it's the idea I had. But of course, if none of my ideas converge, you can choose to change the effect of it to be activated from the graveyard that is of good size.

Now, speaking of "Echo Sorceress," you're right at one point, in a simulated duel I've made against myself (because I create characters and decks to these characters, or put anime characters to have a Yugioh deck and duel one against another), I with Tsukumo Yuma's deck managed to get her out of the field without problems, it's not very difficult. But it will depend a lot on the opponent the user of the "Echo" to face. But anyway, I think the biggest issue here is the "Echo Guardian" itself.

However, regardless of anything, I will continue to enjoy its archetype, I will be waiting for your next projects, I think many card makers are waiting for the link era to be implemented first with YgoPro to publicize their new projects. Haha.
:laugh
SotheY  
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 11:41:14 AM(UTC)
SotheY

Well, talking about "Echo Guardian", I think it would be a good condition to be activated in the graveyard, except that would would remove the characteristic that I liked the effect of it, which is to be special summoned from the main deck. I think it would be interesting to put something like "You can Special Summon this card from your deck, the end of the Battle Phase, but banish it when it leaves the field." Similar to the "Jet Synchro" that is removed from the game if it is special summoned by its effect.
Or a restriction saying "this card can not return from the graveyard to the deck", preventing it from returning all the time to the main deck with the effect of Echo Buddy or Echo Knight. Despite this to break the purpose of the deck.

Of course banishing when leaving the field would solve the problem, but as you said, this goes against the strategy of the deck which is having as many monsters with different names in the GY. Also, not being able to return from the GY to the deck seems like a weird clause in my opinion. So basically the two options are either staying the way it is right now or changing it to activate in the GY and slap a "return to bottom of the deck when leaving the field" clause on it. I have to to think about this for a while I think :laugh
SotheY  
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 2:43:45 PM(UTC)
SotheY

UPDATE:

After some feedback and thinking about it for a while, I decided to change the effect of "Echo Guardian".

Old text:
"When your opponent declares a direct attack, while you have 5 or more "Echo" monsters with different names in your GY: You can Special Summon this card from your Deck, and if you do, end the Battle Phase. If you have more "Echo" monsters with different names in your GY than the number of "Echo" monsters you control, "Echo" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects."

New text:
"If this card is in your GY, when your opponent declares a direct attack and you have 5 or more "Echo" monsters with different names in your GY other than "Echo Guardian": You can Special Summon this card, and if you do, end the Battle Phase, also place this card on the bottom of your Deck when it leaves the field. If you have more "Echo" monsters with different names in your GY than the number of "Echo" monsters you control, "Echo" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects."

The new download link is up and can be found in the initial post.

Thank you for using my custom cards! Have a good day. Cheers!

UPDATE:

Nach dem Erhalt von etwas Feedback und reichlicher Überlegung meinerseits, habe ich mich entschlossen, den Effekt von "Echowächter" zu ändern.

Alter Text:
"Wenn dein Gegner einen direkten Angriff deklariert, während du 5 oder mehr "Echo"-Monster mit unterschiedlichen Namen in deinem Friedhof hast: Du kannst diese Karte als Spezialbeschwörung von deinem Deck beschwören, und falls du dies tust, beende die Battle Phase. Falls du mehr "Echo"-Monster mit unterschiedlichen Namen in deinem Friedhof hast, als "Echo"-Monster auf deiner Spielfeldseite, können "Echo"-Monster, die du kontrollierst, nicht durch Karteneffekte zerstört werden."

Neuer Text:
"Falls sich diese Karte in deinem Friedhof befindet, wenn dein Gegner einen direkten Angriff deklariert und du 5 oder mehr "Echo"-Monster mit unterschiedlichen Namen in deinem Friedhof hast, außer "Echowächter": Du kannst diese Karte als Spezialbeschwörung beschwören, und falls du dies tust, beende die Battle Phase, außerdem lege diese Karte unters Deck wenn sie das Spielfeld verlässt. Falls du mehr "Echo"-Monster mit unterschiedlichen Namen in deinem Friedhof hast, als "Echo"-Monster auf deiner Spielfeldseite, können "Echo"-Monster, die du kontrollierst, nicht durch Karteneffekte zerstört werden."

Der neue Download link steht im ersten Post zur Verfügung.

Danke, dass ihr meine Custom Cards benutzt! Viele Grüße!
jacksp123  
#20 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 2:03:29 AM(UTC)
jacksp123

Thank you