Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 7:55:15 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Fire Prison [ID 00269510]
Field Spell Card
All Dragon monsters on the field gain 300 DEF. Neither player can Link Summon a monster with a lower Link Rating than a Link Monster on the field. Monsters cannot attack, except Link Monsters. If 2 or more Cyberse Link Monsters are on the field, apply these effects.
● Negate the activated effects of Cyberse monsters.
● Cyberse monsters on the field cannot attack, monsters cannot target them for attacks, also neither player can target them with card effects.

Recently I used this card and was surprised that I couldn't attack my opponent directly. The text says that monsters can't attack Cyberse monsters, not a player. In the past there was a discussion about this rule and it was agreed that: • if monsters are prevented from attacking, the player is still fit (direct attack). • if the player is prevented from attacking, no attack occurs. Examples:

1) The Legendary Fisherman (Pre-Errata)
As long as "Umi" is face-up on the field, this card is unaffected by any Spell Cards. Monsters on your opponent's side of the field cannot select this card as an attack target.

Ruling: If a face-up "The Legendary Fisherman" is the only monster you control, when your opponent's monsters attack, they attack you directly.

2) "Earthbound Immortal" monsters
There can only be 1 "Earthbound Immortal" monster on the field. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card. Your opponent cannot target this card for attacks. This card can attack your opponent directly.

Ruling: If you control an Earthbound Immortal and no other monsters, your opponent cannot attack you, because they cannot select the Earthbound Immortal as an attack target. (Exception: they can attack with monsters that can attack directly, such as “Submarineroid.”)

3) Pixie Ring
While you control 2 or more face-up Attack Position monsters, your opponent cannot target your monster(s) with the lowest ATK for an attack.

Ruling: If all monsters you control have the same ATK while “Pixie Ring” is active, your opponent cannot declare an attack (except with monsters that can attack directly such as Earthbound Immortals, “Jinzo #7” etc.)

But I agree that Konami's answer to that would be better. ;)
Sorry, but usually I'm right! Accepts, it hurts less. ^_^

Edited images for YGOPro
Michael Lawrence Dee  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:52:42 AM(UTC)
Michael Lawrence Dee

Was thanked: 1332 time(s) in 1076 post(s)
Uhh... no. If an effect prevents targeting for attack, and those are the only monsters they control, their opponent cannot attack. This is not a discussed rule but an actual ruling. Remember we follow OCG rules. If I mentioned an inconsistency with the rulings below with the interaction in-game, feel free to tell and we'll fix it.

1. The Legendary Fisherman
OCG card text suffices.
(The attack of the opponent in the state where only the monster to which this effect is applied does not exist in the field itself becomes a direct attack to oneself.)

2. Earthbound Immortals
■『相手はこのカードを攻撃対象に選択できない』モンスター効果は永続効果です。(自分のモンスターゾーンに存在するモンスターが「地縛神 Ccapac Apu」自身のみの場合には、相手モンスターは攻撃を行えません。相手モンスターの攻撃はプレイヤーへの直接攻撃にはなりません。)
■ "The opponent can not select this card as an attack target" The monster effect is a permanent effect. (If the monster in your monster zone is only "Celestial God Ccapac Apu" himself, the opponent's monster can not attack, the attack by opponent's monster does not become a direct attack on the player.)

3. Pixie Ring
If you control "Pixie Ring" and two or more monsters, all of whom have equal ATK, then your opponent cannot declare an attack. He can only attack directly with a monster with the effect of being able to attack directly, like "Jinzo #7".
Now this is how I play: