YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
razorfancy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 11:27:06 AM(UTC)
razorfancy

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/2013(UTC)
Posts: 205

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
My opponent was playing Darklord and I had Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord on the field then he used Darklord Ixchel draw eff but ygopro didnt let me use Number 90 eff to negate it, any reason for that or is just a bug?


http://yugioh.wikia.com/..._Galaxy-Eyes_Photon_Lord
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Darklord_Ixchel
pyrQ  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:24:55 PM(UTC)
pyrQ

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/4/2017(UTC)
Posts: 327
Greece

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Tested it and it seems like a bug, thx for the report. Although next time please use the 'Beta cards' subforum when reporting bugs with Beta cards.
thanks 1 user thanked pyrQ for this useful post.
razorfancy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:32:44 PM(UTC)
razorfancy

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/2013(UTC)
Posts: 205

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pyrQ Go to Quoted Post
Tested it and it seems like a bug, thx for the report. Although next time please use the 'Beta cards' subforum when reporting bugs with Beta cards.


Ok thx, I also just test it vs Performage Trick Clown and the Number 90 doesnt let me negate the summon eff of trick clown when I destroy it by battle.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/...i/Performage_Trick_Clown

Edited by user Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:37:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

pyrQ  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 3:12:23 PM(UTC)
pyrQ

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/4/2017(UTC)
Posts: 327
Greece

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Right now it can only negate monster effects that activated on the field. Should be fine after the fix is merged.
thanks 1 user thanked pyrQ for this useful post.
razorfancy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:13:29 PM(UTC)
razorfancy

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/2013(UTC)
Posts: 205

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pyrQ Go to Quoted Post
Right now it can only negate monster effects that activated on the field. Should be fine after the fix is merged.


Negation in damage step not working.
My opponent attacked my Number 90 with Eater of Millions and use his eff but ygopro didnt let me negate it with Number 90 eff.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Eater_of_Millions
pyrQ  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:16:37 AM(UTC)
pyrQ

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/4/2017(UTC)
Posts: 327
Greece

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 58 post(s)
For his effect to be usable in the Damage Step, he would have to either negate the activation of a card/effect or directly change the ATK/DEF of a monster(s), but he doesn't. He only negates the effect, not the activation.
Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord wrote:
● When your opponent activates a monster effect (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; negate that effect, then, if the detached material was a "Galaxy" card, destroy that card.
From the Perfect Rulebook 2017 (Page 112):
KONAMI wrote:
•In most cases, Quick Effects cannot be activated during the Damage Step. However, effects that negate the activations of cards or effects, or that increase or decrease the ATK/DEF of monsters, can be activated. Effects that increase or decrease the ATK/DEF of monsters can be activated only before damage calculation.
thanks 1 user thanked pyrQ for this useful post.
razorfancy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:10:45 AM(UTC)
razorfancy

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/2013(UTC)
Posts: 205

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pyrQ Go to Quoted Post
For his effect to be usable in the Damage Step, he would have to either negate the activation of a card/effect or directly change the ATK/DEF of a monster(s), but he doesn't. He only negates the effect, not the activation.
Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord wrote:
● When your opponent activates a monster effect (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; negate that effect, then, if the detached material was a "Galaxy" card, destroy that card.
From the Perfect Rulebook 2017 (Page 112):
KONAMI wrote:
•In most cases, Quick Effects cannot be activated during the Damage Step. However, effects that negate the activations of cards or effects, or that increase or decrease the ATK/DEF of monsters, can be activated. Effects that increase or decrease the ATK/DEF of monsters can be activated only before damage calculation.


Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord

2 Level 8 monsters
Cannot be destroyed by card effects while it has a "Photon" card as material. You can only use each of the following effects of "Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord" once per turn.
● When an opponent’s monster activates its effect (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; negate the activation, then, if the detached material was a "Galaxy" card, destroy that card.
● During your opponent’s turn (Quick Effect): You can take 1 "Photon" or "Galaxy" card from your Deck, and either add it to your hand or attach it to this card as material.


http://yugioh.wikia.com/..._Galaxy-Eyes_Photon_Lord

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:12:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Steeldarkeagel  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:25:04 AM(UTC)
Steeldarkeagel

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 7,952
United Kingdom

Thanks: 72 times
Was thanked: 1634 time(s) in 1261 post(s)
その効果を無効にする(Number 90) Negate the effect

その効果を無効にし破壊する (Starlight Road) Negate the effect and destroy

Looks like a bad translation on the Wikia. In game it is stated as pyrQ said.
thanks 1 user thanked Steeldarkeagel for this useful post.
cybercatman  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:34:03 AM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,116

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 244 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Originally Posted by: razorfancy Go to Quoted Post


Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord

2 Level 8 monsters
Cannot be destroyed by card effects while it has a "Photon" card as material. You can only use each of the following effects of "Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord" once per turn.
● When an opponent’s monster activates its effect (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; negate the activation, then, if the detached material was a "Galaxy" card, destroy that card.
● During your opponent’s turn (Quick Effect): You can take 1 "Photon" or "Galaxy" card from your Deck, and either add it to your hand or attach it to this card as material.


http://yugioh.wikia.com/..._Galaxy-Eyes_Photon_Lord


Originally Posted by: Steeldarkeagel Go to Quoted Post
その効果を無効にする(Number 90) Negate the effect

その効果を無効にし破壊する (Starlight Road) Negate the effect and destroy

Looks like a bad translation on the Wikia. In game it is stated as pyrQ said.


I'd like to add that Wikia is more or less "dead" as a lot of their staff moved to yugipedia

https://yugipedia.com/wi..._Galaxy-Eyes_Photon_Lord

and as you can see, the effect is correct on their side
razorfancy  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:07:21 AM(UTC)
razorfancy

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/2013(UTC)
Posts: 205

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Steeldarkeagel Go to Quoted Post
その効果を無効にする(Number 90) Negate the effect

その効果を無効にし破壊する (Starlight Road) Negate the effect and destroy

Looks like a bad translation on the Wikia. In game it is stated as pyrQ said.


Probably gonna have to wait for a better image quality of the card because the difference between negate eff and negate activation is really small in Japanese:

その効果を無効にする(Number 90) Negate the effect -> According to what you mention
その発動を無効にする。(Number 23) Negate activation

http://yugioh.wikia.com/...Knight_of_the_Underworld
razorfancy  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:20:47 AM(UTC)
razorfancy

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/2013(UTC)
Posts: 205

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
There is other places that mention the Number 90 eff as negate activation:

http://www.qi-wmcard.com/card/CP18-JP033/

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:32:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

razorfancy  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:34:33 AM(UTC)
razorfancy

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/2013(UTC)
Posts: 205

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Steeldarkeagel Go to Quoted Post
その効果を無効にする(Number 90) Negate the effect

その効果を無効にし破壊する (Starlight Road) Negate the effect and destroy

Looks like a bad translation on the Wikia. In game it is stated as pyrQ said.

Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to add that Wikia is more or less "dead" as a lot of their staff moved to yugipedia

https://yugipedia.com/wi..._Galaxy-Eyes_Photon_Lord

and as you can see, the effect is correct on their side


Actually if you go to the Konami japan website and zoom the image it seems that is worded like:
Number 23: その発動を無効にする。 -> Negate activation


https://yu-gi-oh.jp/inde...?page=details&id=231

UserPostedImage

So this means that yugioh wikia is the correct translation:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/..._Galaxy-Eyes_Photon_Lord

http://yugioh.wikia.com/...Knight_of_the_Underworld

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:46:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybercatman  
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:20:43 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,116

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 244 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Except that you are wrong, it is
その効果を無効にする=>Invalidate its effect
and not
その発動を無効にする=> Invalidate its activation.
the the 3rd and 4th Kanki make all the differences

I even got the confirmation from 2 other person (including someone that do some translation for us when a card is revealed)

if you want to check yourself, here the japanese text from N90
Quote:

No.90 銀河眼の光子卿(ギャラクシーアイズ・フォトンロード) ランク8 光属性
戦士族 ATK/2500 DEF/3000
レベル8モンスター×2
このカード名の②③の効果はそれぞれ1ターンに1度しか使用できない。
①:「フォトン」カードをX素材としているこのカードは効果では破壊されない。
②:相手モンスターの効果が発動した時、このカードのX素材を1つ取り除いて発動できる。その効果を無効にする。取り除いたX素材が「ギャラクシー」カードだった場合、さらにそのカードを破壊する。
③:相手ターンに発動できる。デッキから「フォトン」カードまたは「ギャラクシー」カード1枚を選び、手札に加えるか、このカードの下に重ねてX素材とする。


Also, you should start to use yugipedia as a source instead of wikia

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:22:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

razorfancy  
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:29:38 PM(UTC)
razorfancy

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/2013(UTC)
Posts: 205

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
Except that you are wrong, it is
その効果を無効にする=>Invalidate its effect
and not
その発動を無効にする=> Invalidate its activation.
the the 3rd and 4th Kanki make all the differences

I even got the confirmation from 2 other person (including someone that do some translation for us when a card is revealed)

if you want to check yourself, here the japanese text from N90
Quote:

No.90 銀河眼の光子卿(ギャラクシーアイズ・フォトンロード) ランク8 光属性
戦士族 ATK/2500 DEF/3000
レベル8モンスター×2
このカード名の②③の効果はそれぞれ1ターンに1度しか使用できない。
①:「フォトン」カードをX素材としているこのカードは効果では破壊されない。
②:相手モンスターの効果が発動した時、このカードのX素材を1つ取り除いて発動できる。その効果を無効にする。取り除いたX素材が「ギャラクシー」カードだった場合、さらにそのカードを破壊する。
③:相手ターンに発動できる。デッキから「フォトン」カードまたは「ギャラクシー」カード1枚を選び、手札に加えるか、このカードの下に重ねてX素材とする。


Also, you should start to use yugipedia as a source instead of wikia


I guess we gonna have to wait for an better image from konami because on Ygorganization says: negate that activation.

https://ygorganization.c...egalacticgambleoforgoth/

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:49:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybercatman  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:33:23 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,116

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 244 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Originally Posted by: razorfancy Go to Quoted Post


I guess we gonna have to wait for an better image from konami because on Ygorganization says: negate that activation.

https://ygorganization.c...egalacticgambleoforgoth/


I took the japanese text from a japanese site (that is well known), it is exactly the same as the card
I asked several person that can read japanese, they confirmed our text (using the pic and the provided text)

you can even google translate it, it will still says "invalidate the effect"
Ygorg is not perfect, these last few days, I had to follow a few of their translation to script some cards, and there were quite a few errors when I got them, some got "fixed" later

I don't know what you need more...
It is not because you want it to work the way you think/Want that it change Facts:
it says その効果を無効にする, there is no other way to translate it than "Invalidate its effect"

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:34:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

razorfancy  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:44:26 PM(UTC)
razorfancy

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/2013(UTC)
Posts: 205

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: razorfancy Go to Quoted Post


I guess we gonna have to wait for an better image from konami because on Ygorganization says: negate that activation.

https://ygorganization.c...egalacticgambleoforgoth/


I took the japanese text from a japanese site (that is well known), it is exactly the same as the card
I asked several person that can read japanese, they confirmed our text (using the pic and the provided text)

you can even google translate it, it will still says "invalidate the effect"
Ygorg is not perfect, these last few days, I had to follow a few of their translation to script some cards, and there were quite a few errors when I got them, some got "fixed" later

I don't know what you need more...
It is not because you want it to work the way you think/Want that it change Facts:
it says その効果を無効にする, there is no other way to translate it than "Invalidate its effect"


Like I said the image quality isnt good enough if you saw the zoom image that I post, I cant say if the the letters you mention in black for Invalidate its effects are the ones on the image, it doesnt seem to be those letters to me.

Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
その効果を無効にする=>Invalidate its effect
and not
その発動を無効にする=> Invalidate its activation.

larry126  
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:59:58 PM(UTC)
larry126

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 9/13/2015(UTC)
Posts: 30

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: razorfancy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: razorfancy Go to Quoted Post


I guess we gonna have to wait for an better image from konami because on Ygorganization says: negate that activation.

https://ygorganization.c...egalacticgambleoforgoth/


I took the japanese text from a japanese site (that is well known), it is exactly the same as the card
I asked several person that can read japanese, they confirmed our text (using the pic and the provided text)

you can even google translate it, it will still says "invalidate the effect"
Ygorg is not perfect, these last few days, I had to follow a few of their translation to script some cards, and there were quite a few errors when I got them, some got "fixed" later

I don't know what you need more...
It is not because you want it to work the way you think/Want that it change Facts:
it says その効果を無効にする, there is no other way to translate it than "Invalidate its effect"


Like I said the image quality isnt good enough if you saw the zoom image that I post, I cant say if the the letters you mention in black for Invalidate its effects are the ones on the image, it doesnt seem to be those letters to me.

Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
その効果を無効にする=>Invalidate its effect
and not
その発動を無効にする=> Invalidate its activation.



As someone being able to read the Japanese lore, the proxy is clear enough to be ledgible and it is effect, not activation.
thanks 1 user thanked larry126 for this useful post.
cybercatman  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:04:07 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,116

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 244 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Originally Posted by: razorfancy Go to Quoted Post


Like I said the image quality isnt good enough if you saw the zoom image that I post, I cant say if the the letters you mention in black for Invalidate its effects are the ones on the image, it doesnt seem to be those letters to me.

Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
その効果を無効にする=>Invalidate its effect
and not
その発動を無効にする=> Invalidate its activation.



I provided you the whole text of the card :wall

The quality is the same since the yu-gi-oh.jp site existe, and it is enough to get the info needed (like ALL the other cards that were revealed until now using that site)

Again,I'm multiplying the differents sources that confirme all out text
- 2 person checking the text of the pic and translating it
- yugipedia that got most of the staff from wikia, and is more up to date compared to wikia (just compare the calendar for ocg product between the 2 sites, one have all the products announced, the other is missing a big majority of them)
- the text provided by Maxut (a source used by a lot of people dealing with OCG news)

I already saw effect taken from pics from promotion poster, and the quality is way worst
Or when the site was not spoiling the Vjump and we were dealing with leaked pics of the magazine

You are saying that compared to all of that, ygorg is likely more right (given that wikia likely copy pasted the translation without doing a second check behind) ?
thanks 1 user thanked cybercatman for this useful post.
pyrQ  
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:23:49 PM(UTC)
pyrQ

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/4/2017(UTC)
Posts: 327
Greece

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Even if you can't recognize the kanji, you can see there's only 3 furigana above the two kanji (the small kana above them), 2 for the first kanji and 1 for the second one. That's to indicate how the kanji is pronounced and those 3 are for the word "effect", which is 効果, with the furigana saying こうか (romaji: kouka, ko = こ, u = う and ka = か).

If it indeed said "activation", which is 発動, there would be 4 furigana, two above each kanji, with the furigana being はつどう (romaji: hatsudō (hatsudou), ha = は, tsu = つ, do = ど, u = う).

You absolutely do not need a higher quality image to tell there's only 3 in the card text for "Number 90".

Image of the text from "Seven Tools of the Bandit" showing how "activation" has 4 instead:
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:36:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked pyrQ for this useful post.
razorfancy  
#20 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 12:17:13 PM(UTC)
razorfancy

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/25/2013(UTC)
Posts: 205

Thanks: 87 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Steeldarkeagel Go to Quoted Post
その効果を無効にする(Number 90) Negate the effect

その効果を無効にし破壊する (Starlight Road) Negate the effect and destroy

Looks like a bad translation on the Wikia. In game it is stated as pyrQ said.

Originally Posted by: larry126 Go to Quoted Post
As someone being able to read the Japanese lore, the proxy is clear enough to be ledgible and it is effect, not activation.

Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
I provided you the whole text of the card :wall

The quality is the same since the yu-gi-oh.jp site existe, and it is enough to get the info needed (like ALL the other cards that were revealed until now using that site)

Again,I'm multiplying the differents sources that confirme all out text
- 2 person checking the text of the pic and translating it
- yugipedia that got most of the staff from wikia, and is more up to date compared to wikia (just compare the calendar for ocg product between the 2 sites, one have all the products announced, the other is missing a big majority of them)
- the text provided by Maxut (a source used by a lot of people dealing with OCG news)

I already saw effect taken from pics from promotion poster, and the quality is way worst
Or when the site was not spoiling the Vjump and we were dealing with leaked pics of the magazine

You are saying that compared to all of that, ygorg is likely more right (given that wikia likely copy pasted the translation without doing a second check behind) ?

Originally Posted by: pyrQ Go to Quoted Post
Even if you can't recognize the kanji, you can see there's only 3 furigana above the two kanji (the small kana above them), 2 for the first kanji and 1 for the second one. That's to indicate how the kanji is pronounced and those 3 are for the word "effect", which is 効果, with the furigana saying こうか (romaji: kouka, ko = こ, u = う and ka = か).

If it indeed said "activation", which is 発動, there would be 4 furigana, two above each kanji, with the furigana being はつどう (romaji: hatsudō (hatsudou), ha = は, tsu = つ, do = ど, u = う).

You absolutely do not need a higher quality image to tell there's only 3 in the card text for "Number 90".

Image of the text from "Seven Tools of the Bandit" showing how "activation" has 4 instead:
UserPostedImage


Well all of you were right because in the new Number 90 image from V Jump its clear that says effect and not activation.

Unfortunately for me as a Galaxy player the Ygorganization and yugioh wikia translations were wrong but the card still is really good in galaxys just not as good as if it said negate activation, like it is just cant negate monster effs during damage step.

UserPostedImage

https://ygorganization.c...2018-new-cards-rarities/

P.S: I edited yugioh wikia Number 90 page and put the eff like it is on Ygopro.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/..._Galaxy-Eyes_Photon_Lord

Edited by user Saturday, March 17, 2018 12:51:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Users browsing this topic
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error