YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peteice  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 6:44:59 AM(UTC)
Peteice

When link summoning until you have a monster that points to the other Extra Zone, You're unable to special summon a monster to that extra zone despite having a Link monster pointing to it.
Steeldarkeagel  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 8:31:36 AM(UTC)
Steeldarkeagel

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1634 time(s) in 1261 post(s)
Not sure I quite understand here. What you have written is: You can't Summon a monster to an Extra Zone if you do not have one that points to it but you also have one that points to it? That is a paradox. You can have one that points to the Zone but at the same time none of them point to that Zone.

But I believe you might be talking about, if you do not have a complete chain you can not Summon to your opponents Extra Zone. This is the correct interaction.

"An Extra Link (Japanese: エクストラリンク, Ekusutora Rinku) is a series of co-linked Link Monsters that connects one Extra Monster Zone to the other. The monsters that make up the Extra Link are considered to be Extra Linked; additionally, any monster co-linked to an Extra Linked monster is also Extra Linked. An Extra Link is formed regardless of which player controls the monsters, including the monsters in the Extra Monster Zones.

It is possible to create an Extra Link using fewer than five monsters by co-linking them diagonally, although there are currently no Link Monsters with the Link Arrows to accomplish this feat
If Link Summoning a Link Monster in an Extra Monster Zone would create an Extra Link, the player can do so even if they already control a monster in the other Extra Monster Zone; this is the only way for a player to control monsters in both Extra Monster Zones simultaneously."
https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Extra_Link
Peteice  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2018 4:07:41 AM(UTC)
Peteice

Originally Posted by: Steeldarkeagel Go to Quoted Post
Not sure I quite understand here. What you have written is: You can't Summon a monster to an Extra Zone if you do not have one that points to it but you also have one that points to it? That is a paradox. You can have one that points to the Zone but at the same time none of them point to that Zone.

But I believe you might be talking about, if you do not have a complete chain you can not Summon to your opponents Extra Zone. This is the correct interaction.

"An Extra Link (Japanese: エクストラリンク, Ekusutora Rinku) is a series of co-linked Link Monsters that connects one Extra Monster Zone to the other. The monsters that make up the Extra Link are considered to be Extra Linked; additionally, any monster co-linked to an Extra Linked monster is also Extra Linked. An Extra Link is formed regardless of which player controls the monsters, including the monsters in the Extra Monster Zones.

It is possible to create an Extra Link using fewer than five monsters by co-linking them diagonally, although there are currently no Link Monsters with the Link Arrows to accomplish this feat
If Link Summoning a Link Monster in an Extra Monster Zone would create an Extra Link, the player can do so even if they already control a monster in the other Extra Monster Zone; this is the only way for a player to control monsters in both Extra Monster Zones simultaneously."
https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Extra_Link

Fair enough, ill word it better then. When having Link monsters that point from the initial extra monster zone, and connecting them via extra link to the next zone, I'm unable to summon a new monster into that 2nd Extra monster zone, thus taking over the zone left for the opponent.
Steeldarkeagel  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2018 8:27:07 AM(UTC)
Steeldarkeagel

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1634 time(s) in 1261 post(s)
If you could provide a replay stating when you wanted to Summon the final Link monster to claim the second Extra Monster zone. We can look into it to find any issues.
Peteice  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 6:14:10 PM(UTC)
Peteice

I cant attach any replays to the reply's, so any ideas?
Peteice  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 6:15:12 PM(UTC)
Peteice

Heres the most recent attempt in a replay
File Attachment(s):
Cant Take over the 2nd Extra deck zone.yrp (1kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
pyrQ  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 6:25:38 PM(UTC)
pyrQ

Greece

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 49 post(s)
All the monsters need to be co-linked with the previous one. This includes the one you would Summon in the 2nd Extra Monster Zone. I don't think there was anything you could Summon in the 2nd Extra Monster Zone that would be co-linked to Knightmare Phoenix without using anything else in the Extra Link chain as materials.

Also, perhaps you could specify at which exact timing you're talking about, cause it's a long series of plays happening here.

Edited by user Saturday, October 06, 2018 6:28:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peteice  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 5:36:56 AM(UTC)
Peteice

The video shows that all the monsters are co-linked. in actual play, or at the very least as i've been ruled in favor of, the monster being summoned to the 2nd extra zone does not need to co-link to the monster. Ill work on getting a 2nd replay to post here in a moment
pyrQ  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 12:03:37 PM(UTC)
pyrQ

Greece

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 49 post(s)
If you read what Steeldarkeagel posted above, as well as from some other sources even stated by Konami themselves, you'll see that in order to perform an Extra Link, all the monsters starting from one Extra Monster Zone and ending on the other Extra Monster Zone need to be co-linked.

Official Konami blog post: https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=8355
The Perfect Rulebook (pages 23 and 64): https://ygorganization.com/perfect-rulebook-2017/

Frankly, whoever ruled it that way for you irl was just wrong.
Peteice  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:12:51 AM(UTC)
Peteice

Originally Posted by: pyrQ Go to Quoted Post
If you read what Steeldarkeagel posted above, as well as from some other sources even stated by Konami themselves, you'll see that in order to perform an Extra Link, all the monsters starting from one Extra Monster Zone and ending on the other Extra Monster Zone need to be co-linked.

Official Konami blog post: https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=8355
The Perfect Rulebook (pages 23 and 64): https://ygorganization.com/perfect-rulebook-2017/

Frankly, whoever ruled it that way for you irl was just wrong.

Yeah after finally getting a chance to try it out, turns out i was wrong and mistaken about it being messed up. Well now i know somethin new. thanks for the help either way everyone