YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

Poll Question : What is your general opinion about the program?
Choice Votes Statistics
  1-Too basic to matter
0 %
  2-I guess it's fine
33 %
  3-Good, but could be better
66 %
  4-I like it a lot
0 %
  Total 3 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ScriptGenerator  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 11:04:41 PM(UTC)
ScriptGenerator

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello!

The title & the description pretty much explain it: A solution to all those who like writing scripts or to experiment with custom cards, but don't have the patience or knowledge to do so.
The program can only construct very basic effects, but it's in continuous (but not fast) development, so expect more with time. :)

The users select effects and other options from the menu and at the end let the program do the hard work for them. The philosophy is: To make basic, functioning cards. Difficult to make it do extreme things atm. :sneaky

The program includes a tutorial, a word processor, a db editor utility and links to help you in more areas than merely the scripts. Aside these, your feedback and general impression about it is what will make it even better!

You will find it on my site by clicking -> here <- . You will notice immediately that it does very few things, but like I said it's a developing project. You may write your comments here, but you can make use of the report/comment system on my site too. If needed, I'll let you know where and what kind of priority you should give :laugh

Thank you for for interest. I hope you enjoy the program!

**I learned about another existing database editor too. Mine is part of the program for convenience and does its job, however for a complete control you can have a look at DataEditorX here. To change the language, select Help (H), then the 2nd option, then "English" and restart the program.

(NOTE: For some weird reason, my Anti-Malware marks it as a virus/threat. If the same happens to you, add it to your AV/Anti-Malware's white list.)

Edited by user Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:13:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked ScriptGenerator for this useful post.
ScriptGenerator  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 12:28:14 AM(UTC)
ScriptGenerator

This post will be edited whenever the program is updated.

NEW: version 0.3.6.0
- Fixed some bugs
- Users now can Special Summon from the Graveyard
- Option to activate Spell/Trap cards only once per turn
- Cosmetic change:
(a) The window's objects are fixated again; the hidden ones are visible now

Version 0.3.4.0
- A database editor utility is added; users can add/delete cards from the game's database
(not limited to cards created from Script Generator)
- Replaced the portable text editor with a lighter one; program's overall size decreased
- Cosmetic change:
(a) The window's objects cover the blank space, progressively collapsing when more options appear.

Version 0.2.8.0
- Scripts for Synchro and Xyz Monsters can be made. However, with no Summoning requirements for the moment.

Version 0.2.6.0
- Plain Effect Monsters are introduced
- Option to use monster effects once per turn included
- Cosmetic updates:
(a) Slightly different visual appeal (margin/buttons/boxes etc.)
(b) Option to change the background's color

Version 0.2.3.0
- Cards now can be shuffled from the field into the Deck
- Instead of selecting only to affect all cards or 1, users now can select to affect all, 1, 2 or 3 cards

Edited by user Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:07:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked ScriptGenerator for this useful post.
Utso  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 3:15:12 PM(UTC)
Utso

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Pretty nice job you've done here. I've played around with the available options a bit and they all seem to do what you'd expect them to do, including easily-forgotten details like hint timings and the various operation info settings (the main use case of such a program IMO).

Some impressions/suggestions:
  • The main factor limiting practicability right now is obviously the pretty meager selection of options, but it's definitely better to start small than to get bogged down in complexity trying to cover everything right away.
  • Another incovenient thing is that only cards with a single effect can be generated, while most actual cards are a collection of several independent effects. Adapting the program to work with multiple effects should be relatively easy and would vastly expand the amount of cards that can be created even with very few options for each effect, so I'd recommend adding that feature as soon as you can.
  • Monster cards don't seem to work yet (unless I'm doing something wrong), but once they do, are you planning to let the summoning procedures for extra deck monsters be autogenerated as well? Because that's another relatively fixed thing that's annoying to look up all the time. Would be pretty neat to have.
ScriptGenerator  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 4:41:19 PM(UTC)
ScriptGenerator

Hi Utso

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to know that people actually like it. :)
I'll reply to each part as briefly as possible:

- It's true, starting small is usually the way to go. Unless you're very experienced and can have clear visions of your progress, not much you can do.

- I have it in mind; it's not tooo difficult to make cards with more than 1 effect. However, I want to be confident with how well single effects work and then progress accordingly. I may even implement it sooner than I think.

- Monster cards need minor changes in order to work fine, even for the most basic effects. I started working on Normal Spell/Trap cards, because they are (in my opinion) the easiest and simplest ones. Activate them, do your thing, done. :laugh

Originally Posted by: Utso Go to Quoted Post
are you planning to let the summoning procedures for extra deck monsters be autogenerated as well?

I don't know what you mean :( Can you explain it a bit or give an example?

hint timings and the various operation info settings (the main use case of such a program IMO)

This too.

Edited by user Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:56:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked ScriptGenerator for this useful post.
Utso  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 11:38:28 AM(UTC)
Utso

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScriptGenerator Go to Quoted Post

are you planning to let the summoning procedures for extra deck monsters be autogenerated as well?
I don't know what you mean :( Can you explain it a bit or give an example?

I'm talking about things like this:
Code:

--xyz summon
aux.AddXyzProcedure(c,nil,4,2)
c:EnableReviveLimit()
I at least can never remember the exact number and order of arguments in the first line, so I have to waste a little time finding another monster of the same ED type as reference. But given just the rank and number of materials, it would be possible to generate the standard case for Xyz monsters (Synchro and especially Fusion might be a bit trickier, though). Any more specific requirements would still have to be added manually, but it would be convenient to have the groundwork done.
I'm mainly bringing this up because this is the one feature that I actually sort of got to work back when I briefly tried to make a similar program (though that one was a bit more ambitious in that it directly used the card text as input, probably why it didn't go anywhere). It's saved me quite a bit of annoying searching despite only working in the simplest and most general cases, so I know from experience that it's pretty useful. Still, it's not really part of generating effects, so it's a nice-to-have feature at best.
Originally Posted by: ScriptGenerator Go to Quoted Post

hint timings and the various operation info settings (the main use case of such a program IMO)

This too.
Lines like
Code:
e1:SetHintTiming(0,0x1e0)
and
Code:
Duel.SetOperationInfo(0,CATEGORY_TOHAND,g,g:GetCount(),0,0)
that the tool generates automatically where appropriate. When doing it manually, they're easy to forget or mess up since the card tends to seemingly work fine without them. Normally you'd look at older scripts to make sure you remain consistent with what they do, but it's much more handy to have a program like yours that knows how and when to use these functions and guarantees they're included. :thup
ScriptGenerator  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 11:57:53 AM(UTC)
ScriptGenerator

I see what you mean...

Yes, the basic Summoning conditions for the different ED monsters should be kinda easy to implement. (At least as far as I'm concerned.)

this is the one feature that I actually sort of got to work back when I briefly tried to make a similar program (though that one was a bit more ambitious in that it directly used the card text as input, probably why it didn't go anywhere)

I happened to learn from someone that your approach is what would be really good to make, but it's much harder in practice than it looks on the outside. Basically, the program needs to learn with time & by itself how to generate text. I have neither the time nor the knowledge to do it.

As for HintTiming and Operation (and other details): Since they are part of the scripts, they serve a purpose; it would be false to omit them. However, for details like HintTiming, one needs to be careful because even if they work in theory, a different number in the parenthesis (and yes, there are different numbers) may work better in different scanarios.
yuseilight  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 1:07:58 PM(UTC)
yuseilight

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks..Very Useful Program and can better..I always wanted this program..Thank you very much.
ScriptGenerator  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 11:34:08 AM(UTC)
ScriptGenerator

I'm glad you like it!

My update schedule isn't pre-set, sdaly. However, I plan to make an update very soon (if it wasn't for the holiday season (Christmas and all), I'd have already done that).
ScriptGenerator  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 2:23:45 PM(UTC)
ScriptGenerator

Apologies for the late update :(

My schedule's been slightly "disturbed". Nothing new is added, except for the Database Editor. Very easy to use and, hopefully, worth the delay.

As a sidenote: If the new cosmetic change (from the version 0.3.4.0) gives a... less appealing impression, let me know and I'll revert it to how it was.
Also, it was after the update that I learned about an existing db editor. Check my first post.

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2019 5:21:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScriptGenerator  
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 1:24:40 PM(UTC)
ScriptGenerator

Due to encountering some weird bugs, I can't help but delay any further update

(it just has to happen like this, doesn't it... D: )
ScriptGenerator  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:12:38 PM(UTC)
ScriptGenerator

Things happened and I delayed the update. However, it's here now.
Some bugs are fixed and users now can also Special Summon monsters from the Graveyard.

Hopefully the program will be taking less time to update. :whist
ScriptGenerator  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 12:03:11 PM(UTC)
ScriptGenerator

Sorry for the incovenience.

Due to having less chances to work on the program, I can't know how regularly will I be updating it.
For now, you can check the poll in the following link and select what you think would be a good or acceptable update.

Poll for the future update
therealelliotcraft  
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 2:34:21 PM(UTC)
therealelliotcraft

How do I add the card I made to YGOpro?
ScriptGenerator  
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 5:43:48 PM(UTC)
ScriptGenerator

https://www.ygopro.co/Fo...ting-video-Added#post381

https://www.ygopro.co/Fo...TLY-INCOMPLETE#post88202

The first is the original one, but it's also the oldest you'll find. The second one was made about 2 years later, but it's written a bit differently.
Also, keep in mind that you can either add your cards manually or use a database editor, like the one my program includes (it has limitations but it covers the cards it currently generates) or DataEditorX (you can find its link in the first post here).

Of course if you encounter any bug or the card my program generated doesn't work the way it should, let me know.
Oh and, did I thank you for using it? :D

Edited by user Saturday, March 09, 2019 5:45:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified