YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flowoftime  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:51:25 PM(UTC)
flowoftime

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 102 post(s)
I dunno why I must tribute 4 monsters to place this card on my Extra Monster Zone.

2+ Effect Monsters with the same Type and Attribute
You can target 1 of your monsters that is banished or in your GY; Special Summon it to your zone this card points to, in Defense Position, but its effects are negated, also you cannot Special Summon Link Monsters for the rest of this turn, and the Special Summoned monster is placed on the bottom of the Deck when it leaves the field. You can only use this effect of "Darkness Metal, the Dragon of Dark Steel" once per turn.

It says 2+ Effect Monsters but why does it require 4 monsters?

Is this has anything to do with being Link 4 monster?

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:52:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Steeldarkeagel  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:33:59 PM(UTC)
Steeldarkeagel

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1636 time(s) in 1263 post(s)
During their Main Phase, the turn player can Link Summon a Link Monster from their Extra Deck by sending face-up monsters they control to the Graveyard as Link Materials; the number of Link Materials must be equal to the Link Monster's Link Rating. After that, the Link Monster is Summoned in either an Extra Monster Zone or a Main Monster Zone that a Link Monster on the field points to, in face-up Attack Position.

When using a Link Monster for a Link Summon, it can be treated as 1 Link Material, OR multiple Link Materials equal to its own Link Rating.
https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Link_Summon
thanks 1 user thanked Steeldarkeagel for this useful post.