YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
udc  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 8:16:06 PM(UTC)
udc

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Underworld_Circle

The underworld circle effect is not working correctly, as it does not ignore the summon conditions.
I tried summon holactie, but it did not work.
Sorry for my bad english.
File Attachment(s):
Holactie + underworld.yrp (1kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
pyrQ  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 5:56:50 PM(UTC)
pyrQ

Greece

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 93 post(s)
"Ignoring the summoning conditions" does not bypass the rule which says that monsters that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set (aka Special Summon monsters) cannot be Special Summoned from the GY/banished with other card effects if they were not properly Special Summoned by their summoning procedure first.

Ruling for "Elementsaber Aina":
KONAMI wrote:
Q: When activating the effect of "Elementsaber Aina" that Special Summons an "Elementsaber" or "Elemental Lord" monster from the GY, can I target a "Phosphorage the Elemental Lord" that was sent from my Deck to the GY by the effect of "Foolish Burial"?

A: If you target an "Elemental Lord" monster in your GY with the effect of "Elementsaber Aina", you can only target one that was properly Special Summoned by its own procedure before it was sent to the GY. Therefore, you cannot target a "Phosphorage the Elemental Lord" that was sent to your GY by the effect of "Foolish Burial".
Source
Translation from yugipedia

I tried the effect of "Underworld Circle" after properly Special Summoning the Elemental Lord with its own procedure and it worked fine.
udc  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 8:51:09 PM(UTC)
udc

I just had doubts about this because I saw in a video of a Japanese ygopro that holactie could be summoned this way
udc  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 9:04:10 PM(UTC)
udc

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Underworld_Circle
"While this card is on the field, you can ignore the Summoning conditions required for Normal and Special Summons"
Sorry if what I'm talking about does not make sense, but while underworld circle is in the field, could you summon any monster ignoring the invoking conditions? Even the hand.
udc  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 9:16:45 PM(UTC)
udc

cybercatman  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 9:34:31 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Was thanked: 256 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Originally Posted by: udc Go to Quoted Post
I just had doubts about this because I saw in a video of a Japanese ygopro that holactie could be summoned this way

a 2 year old video (so it is not impossible that the script was corrected since), showing a Sim that we are not even sure that it is Percy

Summoning Ignoring summoning condition don't mean that it make it ignore the rules
Rulings says that a Special summon monster not properly summoned cannot be special summon again
udc  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 12:17:21 AM(UTC)
udc

In my last comment, I questioned about the effect being wrong in the sense that the effect that exists in ygopro is in my view different from the effect presented in the yugipedia. Look: "Destroy all monsters on the field and remove from play all monsters in both players' Decks. Once per turn, each player can Special Summon 1 monster from their Graveyard. While this card is on the field, you can ignore the Summoning conditions required for Normal and Special Summons.When a monster Normal or Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed, remove it from play instead of sending it to the Graveyard. "

I have already overcame that the monster can not be summoned from GY, but the effect of the letter from the yugpedia says "While this card is on the field, you can ignore the Summoning conditions required for Normal and Special Summons." It does not say that only the monsters summoned by this card can be summoned ignoring the conditions of invocation, but that while in the field any monster can be summoned ignoring the conditions of the summoning.