YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 2/24/4757 7:33:36 PM(UTC) 3003167  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 7:58:19 PM(UTC)

When I active battle buffer while I have cynet storm on my field, it causes my monsters atk points to decrease back to their original atk points. Also, while I have battle buffer on my field, I activate encode talker effect and some how, his effect didn't work.

I don't know what problem is.

cybercatman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:33:41 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Was thanked: 252 time(s) in 199 post(s)
I'll do a single answer as it would be problematic to answer that in each of your topics

as asked in the PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING topic

Quote:

Search the card and check its rulings at the yugioh wikia. https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Yugipedia
Check if the card is already mentioned in this sticky topic
Check if the card is already reported by using the search
Describe the bug in DETAIL
What cards are on the field?
What cards did you activate before? Did you use Pot of Duality?
Have you met all the requirements for the card you are trying to use?
Does any of the cards prevent you from doing something?
Attaching a replay of the bug is recommended. If you do, state the turn in which the bug happened.

Those 2 points are important as it allow us to pin point what can be the problem quickly

As for the Battle Buffer problem, I think you don't understand how it work
it set the atk to a specific value all the time, so encode increase its atk, then battle buffer set the atk to the original + 700 x number of counter
If there is no counter, it is logical that atk get set to original as original atk + 700 x 0 = original atk

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:39:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:35:49 PM(UTC)

When playmaker activates battle buffer in episode 12 of VRAINS, the effect of cynet universe works. But when I activate battle buffer, the effect of cynet universe doesn't work because when battle buffer is activated my monsters loses 300 atk because cynet universe doesn't work. So any effect that gains atk doesn't work when battle buffer is activated.
cybercatman  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 3:22:07 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Don’t use what happened in the anime as a reference as we are using the card text as a reference
As like I explained earlier, the card work like it’s text is saying it should
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 4:47:55 PM(UTC)

the Problem about the card is that they make the monsters that are co-linked unaffected by card effects. Battle buffer doesn’t make your monsters unaffected by card effects. If you reenact the duel playmaker vs varis you will see the issue. Just do it please. These links will show u that there is a little problem with the card. Then you will understand what i am saying.

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_Buffer

Re-enact this Duel: https://yugioh.fandom.co...and_Varis%27_second_Duel

Watch this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IN5aaedSZ7c

Just do these 3 things and you will know the little issue that is coming from the card. Please I’m begging you.

cybercatman  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 6:06:54 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

1st: use yugipedia as they are more likely to be up to date

2nd: I don't know what do you mean by unaffected, I already explained what happened
Encode activate boosting the atk, then IMMEDIATLY AFTER battle buffer effect set the atk to Original atk + number of counter, so if there is no battle counter, the atk will be set to original atk + 0 basically "canceling" the atk boost

3rd: I repeat what I said the post just before, we don't use animation as a reference but the card text
If the animation don't match with the card text, we follow the card text
#7 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 7:25:32 PM(UTC)

What I mean by “unaffected by card effects” is that any atk boosting effect doesn’t work. Except for battle buffer.
When I activate the first effect, it cancels the atk boosting effect of cynet universe. It’s not suppose to happen like that.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 7:29:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybercatman  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 7:52:54 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

I’ll repeat for the 3rd time (and the last time)
Encode atk boost the atk then IMMEDIATELY AFTER the atk is SET to the value defined by battle buffer because it is what is written in the card text

That the anime made it work is not our problem, we follow card text when we have it, and it is the case here, so we follow the card text and OCG rules

The card text of the card is clear, and the card work like the card says

If the card don’t work like the card text SAYS, then provide a replay
#9 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2019 11:40:51 PM(UTC)

Battle Buffer cause Blustering winds to not work. When I activate the blustering winds on one of my co-linked monsters while I had battle buffer on my field, It didn't let me gain 1000 atk.

So the main issue is that battle buffer prevents any atk gaining effects to work.
cybercatman  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 12:28:20 AM(UTC)
cybercatman

Originally Posted by: 3003167 Go to Quoted Post
Battle Buffer cause Blustering winds to not work. When I activate the blustering winds on one of my co-linked monsters while I had battle buffer on my field, It didn't let me gain 1000 atk.

So the main issue is that battle buffer prevents any atk gaining effects to work.

Seriously... I explained it to you 3 times already...
The problem is not the card itself but that you don’t read the card text and so, you don’t understand how it work
Just read the previous posts, the answer did not changed
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 4:33:59 AM(UTC)

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE CARD.

Let me give you example,
If you activate a spell that gains atk and somehow it didn't work.

Battle buffer makes any effect that gains atk don't work except itself. THIS IS THE MAIN PROBELM!
That's not part of its effect and the card text.

Do you understanded me?

cybercatman  
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 10:28:17 AM(UTC)
cybercatman

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE CARD.

Let me give you example,
If you activate a spell that gains atk and somehow it didn't work.

Battle buffer makes any effect that gains atk don't work except itself. THIS IS THE MAIN PROBELM!
That's not part of its effect and the card text.

Do you understanded me?

:wall
I clearly understood you each time, you are the one that are ignoring the answer that was already given several time
Quoting the last time I answered
Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
I’ll repeat for the 3rd time (and the last time)
Encode atk boost the atk then IMMEDIATELY AFTER the atk is SET to the value defined by battle buffer because it is what is written in the card text

That the anime made it work is not our problem, we follow card text when we have it, and it is the case here, so we follow the card text and OCG rules

The card text of the card is clear, and the card work like the card says

#13 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 12:52:47 PM(UTC)

I realize that you are right. But I'll stop bothering if you just make sure that any effect that gains atk would work while battle buffer is on the field. Screw the ocg rules and card text. PLEASE MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 4 DAYS. IM BEGGING YOU TO NOT FOLLOWING THE OCG RULES AND CARD TEXT. JUST DO THIS ONE NICE THING AND I WILL STOP REITERATING THE ISSUE OVER AND OVER.

Activate this card by targeting monsters your opponent controls, up to the number of co-linked monsters you control; those monsters cannot activate their effects while you control co-linked monsters, also destroy this card during the End Phase of this turn. After damage calculation, if your Cyberse Link Monster battled: Place 1 Battle Buffer Counter on this card. The ATK of all Cyberse Link Monsters you control become their original ATK + the number of Battle Buffer Counters on this card x 700.

Edited by user Saturday, March 02, 2019 1:09:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybercatman  
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 3:12:16 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

I realize that you are right. But I'll stop bothering if you just make sure that any effect that gains atk would work while battle buffer is on the field. Screw the ocg rules and card text. PLEASE MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 4 DAYS. IM BEGGING YOU TO NOT FOLLOWING THE OCG RULES AND CARD TEXT. JUST DO THIS ONE NICE THING AND I WILL STOP REITERATING THE ISSUE OVER AND OVER.

Activate this card by targeting monsters your opponent controls, up to the number of co-linked monsters you control; those monsters cannot activate their effects while you control co-linked monsters, also destroy this card during the End Phase of this turn. After damage calculation, if your Cyberse Link Monster battled: Place 1 Battle Buffer Counter on this card. The ATK of all Cyberse Link Monsters you control become their original ATK + the number of Battle Buffer Counters on this card x 700.

Quote:

We will not make an exception because it is your birthday in 4 day, it is everyday the birthday of someone
You can bump the issue all you want, the answer will still be the same all the time
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 4:03:37 PM(UTC)

Ok I will stop. There is another card that you got the card text wrong and that is Link Rush.

https://www.ygopro.co/Fo...k-rush-timing#post200251

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Link_Rush

Edited by user Saturday, March 02, 2019 4:06:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified