YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cybercatman  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:40:43 AM(UTC)
cybercatman

Was thanked: 252 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Originally Posted by: duelking011 Go to Quoted Post

In some cases, card text and effects are different. Scrubbed Raid (anime) is recognized, what is the problem with zero force (anime)? What is different??? Judging by the card text, it is inconsistent.

I think it is more important how card effects are applied in animation.

pls reply.

maybe because I don't have the time to recheck those one by one (even more when I don't read japanese myself, so I have to ask people that know better, meaning even more delay)?
So some cards can have been added following a wrong text, unless someone report them (thing that happen rarely when the change is a nerf for the card), I can see that kind of error only when I end up meeting them randomly

but good new, since you reported the problem with Scrub Raid, I'll do a second check just to be 100% sure and if it is confirmed it will be removed (since it would be the same as the OCG)

as for "Judging by the card text, it is inconsistent"
What is inconsistent would be not using the same reference for every card
We use the Proxy when available EACH TIME because you CANNOT trust what the character says or the animation
they don't care about stuff like "missing the timing" because it is a show

but ygopro is a OCG simulator first, not an anime simulator

Want an easy exemple?
Episode 39 of GX, Manjoume summoned Armed Dragon LV7 from his GY thank to Level Modulation
But Armed Dragon LV7 is a Special Summon monster, so it have to be properly summoned first before being able to be summoned from another location, even if the card says "ignoring summoning condition"
But it was sent from the field to the deck, then from the deck to the GY, meaning it was NOT properly summoned

and I can get a lot of similar stuff in all the eras, it is why we CAN'T trust animation or character dialogue

the card text is always consitent with the OCG text of the same era, meaning at worst we can compare with similar existing text of the same era OCG cards to get rulings to know how the card OFFICIALLY work
duelking011  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:43:31 AM(UTC)
duelking011

hi? cybercatman. I wanted to talk to you personally, but your PM(Private Messages) was full and I could not send a message. I hope you check it out. For a quicker conversation. Please reply in PM(Private Messages). and I seem to have told you a bit rougher while explaining because I have a great passion for yugioh game. I am really sorry.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:44:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybercatman  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:58:58 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

hi? cybercatman. I wanted to talk to you personally, but your PM(Private Messages) was full and I could not send a message. I hope you check it out. For a quicker conversation. Please reply in PM(Private Messages). and I seem to have told you a bit rougher while explaining because I have a great passion for yugioh game. I am really sorry.

First, I stopped emptying my PM box because it was getting full everyday (mostly of complains without any reference), If someone have a complain about an anime card, he should create a topic, topic that will be checked and answered as soon as someone from the team is free (Me, Larry or PyrQ mostly)
and Conversation via PM would not be quicker as I mostly check the forum when I have some time IRL, so I can't stay a lot anyways

next, having passion is not a problem, but when we have to explain several time that we use proxy over animation/dialogue because said animation/Dialogue either skip "unnecessary" information or just plainly get the rules wrong, it can annoy some of us
It is a choice that not everyone like (because sometime it make anime play impossible) but if we want something to be consistant, we need a base we can trust (that base being the proxy)

Are we faultproof? no, there is at the moment 4690 anime cards, remove the 165 normal monsters, that is 4525 cards with effect(s), a lot of them being really situational (and so unlikely to be reported) or added before we started to be more strict on cards text/effect
Team wise, we don't have the people to do a one by one check of each card (even more when it need a japanese text double check), it is why I come check the forum regularly since there is still users that come report stuff here instead of the discord (that I try to check when I can too)
duelking011  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:04:47 AM(UTC)
duelking011

Thank you for your continued reply. I just hope that you can confirm the evidence I presented and correct the effect of the anime card if you can accept it. The cards I mentioned earlier... Please check them. What I can do is find and propose evidence of the problem if there is objection. because I can't modify anime card. That is why I am reporting these problems to you. I do not speak English well, so the meaning of the word may be confusing. Please understand(acknowledge).

Edited by user Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:06:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

udc  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:55:12 PM(UTC)
udc

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
the doom lord effect in anime is different from the ocg, as you can see, it can activate its effects in defense mode and only it does not attack.

Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; banish that target. this card. cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.
The banished monster returns to the opponent's side of the field, in the same battle position, during your 2nd Standby Phase after activation.- real effect(Correct effect)
cybercatman  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:06:19 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Originally Posted by: udc Go to Quoted Post
the doom lord effect in anime is different from the ocg, as you can see, it can activate its effects in defense mode and only it does not attack.

Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; banish that target. this card. cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.
The banished monster returns to the opponent's side of the field, in the same battle position, during your 2nd Standby Phase after activation.- real effect(Correct effect)

what part of "we checked the proxy text and we have the problem with it, it is why it was removed for now" that larry explained earlier in the topic did you not noticed?
udc  
#27 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 12:50:12 PM(UTC)
udc

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry, but I thought the mistake was just in the "can", the rest was ok.
HeroofJudgement  
#28 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 7:59:11 PM(UTC)
HeroofJudgement

Why Neo-spacian Dark Panther (Anime) was removed ?
cybercatman  
#29 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 8:26:43 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Originally Posted by: HeroofJudgement Go to Quoted Post
Why Neo-spacian Dark Panther (Anime) was removed ?

1- It have nothing to do with the current topic, don't hijack other topic, create your own
2- Both the anime and the OCG have the same effect, we have no reason to keep 2 version of the same card with the same effect
duelking011  
#30 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 8:05:32 AM(UTC)
duelking011

cybercatman  
#31 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 12:24:54 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Welcome to the world of "I'm busy IRL and I don't have the time to check everything"
it is Easter, meaning I have to go meet familly
duelking011  
#32 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 2:25:13 PM(UTC)
duelking011

Okay. then If so, please confirm this problem as soon as possible.