Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
YGOPRO DM - Play YGOPRO Using Old School Cards
YGOPRO DM - Play YGOPRO Using Old School Cards -
A modified version of YGOPRO containing only old school cards
Email this topic
Watch this topic
Print this topic
Sunday, November 10, 2019 8:09:04 AM(UTC)
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Note: This is intended only for old school Yu-Gi-Oh! players who prefer to play with cards pre 5D's era. Please don't turn this into a "which era is the best" thread.
I have edited YGOPRO for any Yu-Gi-Oh! players who would like to play with only the old cards by removing every card that was released since 5D's. The reason why I did this is because as an old school Yu-Gi-Oh! player myself, I found it quite difficult to create decks with YGOPRO due to the search engine including every card in the game. After spending some time compiling all the old cards, I now have a version of YGOPRO that only includes cards from the DM/GX era.
For obvious reasons, I cannot share the YGOPRO program file. I believe I can still share the database and deck files though (if this is against the rules, please let me know).
Before getting started, you
have both the YGOPRO Percy 1.033 and YGOPRO Percy 1.034 (Links Beta) programs. If you don't have v1.033 then you will not be able to play against the A.I. As for v1.034, this is required to download all of the card images because it won't work in v1.033.
1. First, you must download all of the card images from v1.034. In order to do this, you must install a program called
and copy & paste this into the script:
c:: ;Starting hotkeys
keywait, s, D T0.01 ;Exit out of loop
if errorlevel = 0
The reason for this is because YGOPRO only downloads card images as you search them in the database. So you have to search through every card to get the images. Using AutoHotKey, we can rapidly click the down arrow to achieve this.
2. Run AutoHotKey and open YGOPRO Percy 1.034. Click Edit and check the "Show anime cards" box. Search "All" then hover your mouse over the down arrow. Run the AutoHotKey script by pressing the "c" key and once it's finished stop the script by pressing the "s" key. This can take 10-15 minutes depending on how many cards there are so feel free to do something else while you wait.
You might have to do this a couple of times to download every card image. Check the "pics" folder and compare it to the number of cards in the search engine to make sure that you've gotten everything.
3. Copy & paste all of the card images in the v1.034 "pics" folder to the v1.033 "pics" folder.
4. Make a copy of your entire v1.033 "ygopro-percy" folder and rename it to something like "ygopro-percy DM". This is just so that you can keep your original ygopro folder in case you make a mistake or want to still play with the original YGOPRO and the newer cards. By the end of this you'll have two versions of YGOPRO: 1. The original YGOPRO and 2. YGOPRO DM which will only contain the old cards.
5. Replace your
file with the one in the link above.
6. Go to your "expansions/live2017" folder. Delete or move all of the .cdb files to a separate folder. By moving them, the game won't be able to read in the cards from those databases.
in Notepad and change the value in "ignore_instant_updates" and "ignore_instant_updates_anime" to 2. This will prevent YGOPRO from updating the database. If this doesn't work then you might need to change the value to 1.
That should be it. Now you can run YGOPRO and play with all of the old cards. To make sure that you've done it correctly, search for any Synchro/XYZ/Pendulum monster cards and see if they don't show up. When searching for a card, uncheck the "Show anime cards" option because anime-only cards will still show.
There might be some cards that don't show up as I'm not 100% sure that this includes every card from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! (I would have to manually check every card to ever be released from that era to be sure, which I cannot do obviously). But for the most part, I think this should have all of the old cards. Enjoy!
You may have noticed that the folder in the link above includes extra features. These features make YGOPRO play similarly to the games. You can duel against any character from the show, and a specific song will play depending on the character you duel against. It will also display an image of the character at the start of each duel. This is done by adding a custom character card to that character's deck, which will automatically be banished at the start of the duel. I customized my version of YGOPRO to include the following features:
- Ban List (September 2008 ban list that was in effect prior to 5D's)
- Themes (Duelist Kingdom, Forbidden Memories)
- Deck Music (Custom music that plays for specific character decks from previous Yu-Gi-Oh! games)
- Character Decks (Custom-made decks for almost every character in the DM anime)
1. Ban List
If you want to play using the old ban list, go to your "expansions/live2017" folder and replace it with the
file in the link above. Feel free to remove the "None" part, that is just so I don't have to always select N/A when I don't want to use a Ban List.
I have included links to the themes that I currently use. They are:
Egypt Theme by Rios
Pegasus Castle Theme by The Captain
If you want to use all of the themes in a randomized style, visit:
3. Deck Music
To add custom deck music, visit:
I cannot share the music files so you will have to find those yourself if you want specific music to play for each character.
4. Character Decks
To add the character decks, move the .ydk deck files to your "deck" folder.
I did not include the character images in the first link to prevent it from being taken down. Instead, I will provide a second link.
Download (Character Images):
If you want to add the character images, move the
files to your "expansions" folder.
To add your own customized characters, you will need to edit the database using SQLite Expert Personal or another program. I didn't create a tutorial for this, but if you follow the format in the characters.zip folder and edit the database, you should be able to do this without any problems.
Level 1 Duelists:
Beginner-level duelists who appear in the Duelist Kingdom arc.
Level 2 Duelists:
Secondary characters who use decks from the Battle City arc.
Level 3 Duelists:
Villain duelists who appear in the Battle City and Virtual World arcs.
Lumis and Umbra
The Big Five
Level 4 Duelists:
Primary characters who use decks from the Battle City arc.
Level 5 Duelists:
Enhanced decks of all the main characters, modified to only include their strongest cards as well as additionally new cards. Does not include anime-only cards. Also features boss characters from Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories.
How I Did It
If you want to know exactly how I was able to edit YGOPRO to only contain old cards, click the spoiler below (this can also be useful for anyone who wants to edit their YGOPRO to play in a different era, such as the 5D's era). This was somewhat of a long process, but I'm fairly satisfied with the result and glad to finally have a Yu-Gi-Oh! game that I can play using all of the old cards.
1. First, I had to compile a list of every single Yu-Gi-Oh! card to-date and get their Passcodes and Set Information. For the longest time I looked everywhere and couldn't find where I could get such a list. Then I found out that I could search the database from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia. I used this link for the database:
Additional Data to Display:
Unfortunately it can only show 50 results at a time. This didn't take too long as there were only about 20 pages. I exported each page as an Excel file, then merged them together using Google Sheets. This allowed me to create a complete Excel Sheet with every Yu-Gi-Oh! card up to 11/2/19. You can find this Excel Sheet in the link above.
2. Next, I had to compile a list of every set that came out up to 5D's. I then created a filter with Google Sheets to only show the cards that came from those sets.
3. Using the above filter, I took all of the Passcodes for those cards and put them into a text file. These Passcodes are the ones that I need to keep in the YGOPRO database. To edit the database, I had to install SQLite Expert Personal (you can use any database program, this was just the one that I used).
4. The "texts" table lists all of the cards and their Passcodes in the database. I had to use an SQLite Query to keep all of the cards where the Passcode matched the ones in my text file. I didn't want to delete the new cards, so what I did was add '99999' to the beginning of all the cards that I didn't want.
UPDATE texts SET rowid = 99999 || rowid WHERE rowid NOT IN(
[insert Passcodes to keep here]
) AND NOT (name LIKE '%(Anime)%')
AND NOT (name LIKE '%(DM)%')
This query looks in the "texts" table and adds '99999' to every card that isn't in my old card list. I also wanted to keep Anime and DM (Deck Master) cards. For more detailed instructions, you can view the "Instructions - Hide YGOPRO Cards.txt" file. I then executed this query in the database. After doing this, (almost) all of the new cards were now hidden from YGOPRO.
5. I came across another problem: Some old cards weren't showing up in my YGOPRO. This is because there were cards that weren't released until later, but were still included in the videogames. So I compiled another list of Passcodes for every card in the old videogames (From Forbidden Memories to GX Tag Force 3). Luckily, you could enter in Passcodes in the old games to unlock cards so finding a list for them was easy. I also had to add '99999' to my list of Passcodes so that I could remove them from the database (this can easily be done with Notepad++ using a regex in Find & Replace). I used another query to remove '99999' from every card that was in the videogames.
UPDATE texts SET rowid = LTRIM(rowid, 99999) WHERE rowid IN(
[insert Passcodes to keep here, make sure each Passcode here has 99999 in front]
This query looks in the "texts" table and removes '99999' from every card that was in the videogames. For more detailed instructions, you can view the "Instructions - Show YGOPRO Cards.txt" file. I then executed this query in the database.
6. Next were some cards that had multiple artworks (such as XYZ-Dragon Cannon) weren't showing up because they had an extra 9 at the beginning of their Passcodes (the above query removed that 9 for some reason, causing the Passcode for XYZ-Dragon Cannon to be 1998121 instead of 91998121). I had to use a query to show any duplicate cards, and then found ones with an extra 9 and manually removed '99999' from them (I don't remember the exact query that I used).
7. Another problem was that "Token" cards were not showing up, causing any cards to use tokens to not function properly. So I did a search on the database for any card with "Token" in its name and used the same query to remove '99999' from them.
8. There was one more problem that applied only because I had an outdated version of YGOPRO (1.033) and not the Links version. This prevented me from downloading card images. So I had to download the Links version of YGOPRO, then go through every card and download them (this seemed quite difficult since the images only download as you search for them in the database). I found a workaround to this by downloading AutoHotKey, which is a program that let me automatically click my mouse until I tell it to stop. I also replaced the Links version of YGOPRO with my old cards database and set it to not automatically update (because I don't need card images for the new cards). Using AutoHotKey, I launched the Links version of YGOPRO and searched "All" then auto-clicked the down arrow and went through every card. After downloading all the card images, I moved everything in the "pics" folder to the "pics" folder in my YGOPRO.
9. Finally I tested my YGOPRO and searched for any new cards to make sure they didn't show up. I also made sure all of my old decks were still the same and they were. I was able to successfully remove all of the new cards from YGOPRO.
Edited by user
Sunday, November 10, 2019 8:15:36 PM(UTC)
Reason: Not specified
View All Posts by User
Users browsing this topic
YGOPRO DM - Play YGOPRO Using Old School Cards
- News and Announcements
- Ygopro.co website discussion
- YGOPro Discussion
- Support and Feedback
- Card rulings and card bugs
--- Anime cards
--- Beta cards
--- Card scripts
- AI section
- Android Support and Feedback
- iOS Support and Feedback
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion
post new topics in this forum.
reply to topics in this forum.
delete your posts in this forum.
edit your posts in this forum.
create polls in this forum.
vote in polls in this forum.
Powered by YAF
YAF © 2003-2020, Yet Another Forum.NET
Copyright © Ygopro.co