YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tharm  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 3:35:07 PM(UTC)
Tharm

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
According to the following ruling:

Quote:
Q: When Fusion Summoning a Red-Eyes Slash Dragon with the effect of Red-Eyes Fusion, can I use King of the Swamp and Gearfried the Red-Eyes Iron Knight as materials?
A: When performing a Fusion Summon with the effect of Red-Eyes Fusion, you must always include a “Red-Eyes” monster listed as a material on the Fusion Monster. Since the materials for Red-Eyes Slash Dragon are Red-Eyes B. Dragon and 1 Warrior monster, you cannot use Gearfried the Red-Eyes Iron Knight as the Warrior monster in combination with King of the Swamp that is applying its effect.

Alongside a VARIETY of other rulings around similar cards, when performing a fusion summon using a fusion spell that locks you into Fusion Monsters that list a certain material, you have to use said certain material, you cannot use substitutes.

In the attached replay, I use Red-eyes Fusion to fuse King of the Swamp (In my hand) with Summoned Skull, to summon Black Skull Dragon. This is an illegal play, as I did not use a "Red-Eyes" Monster as material. (Note, The problem isn't King of the Swamp, as Red-Eyes B. Dragon + King of the Swamp is legal).

This also has further implications on a certain controversial Beta card: Dragoon of Red-Eyes. Following this ruling, Red-Eyes Fusion cannot fuse Dark Magician and a Non-"Red-Eyes" Effect Dragon Monster.

Other cards such as Miracle Synchro Fusion and Buster Blader Fusion also use this ruling, so they should probably be fixed too, if they're not already.
File Attachment(s):
King of the Swamp Bug.yrp (1kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.