YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steeldarkeagel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 1:54:55 PM(UTC)
Steeldarkeagel

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 7,974

Thanks: 72 times
Was thanked: 1645 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
If you have been on our Twitter or Discord recently you may have noticed a change. YgoPro Percy has run its course and we will be taking EDOPro into the future.

Percival18 has retired and passed on the game to his team. Many of us have been working with him for years and you will see the staff on the Discord is still the same. Just a shiny new name.

To download this new game head to our discord: https://discord.gg/ygopro-percy

For more information in full: https://www.reddit.com/r...s_edopro_the_opensource/

We wish Percival18 the best in his new endeavours and we hope you will join us in saying Thank You to him for bringing this community together for so long.

Edited by user Sunday, April 05, 2020 1:58:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

neftalimich  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 3:06:38 PM(UTC)
neftalimich

Rank: Member

Joined: 2/21/2015(UTC)
Posts: 79

Thanks: 25 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
With this new version, will we have AI back?
cybercatman  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 7:51:57 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,379

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 217 post(s)
It took me some time to get free enough to post on the forum, but i want to thank Percy for starting this amazing adventure that lasted 7-8 Years and wish him luck for the future


Originally Posted by: neftalimich Go to Quoted Post
With this new version, will we have AI back?


it is different from the Percy AI, but there is an offline AI and even other interessing features (check the reddit post or the discord for more details)
LolsterXD97  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2020 4:28:44 AM(UTC)
LolsterXD97

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 125

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 137 post(s)
A few questions:

1)What will happen to card bugs reported here and still not solved? Were they noted and will be eventually resolved for EDOPro or do we have to repost them on Discord? Will this forum be ever checked again or do we all have to migrate there?

2)Same as above but regarding anime/manga cards requests.

3)A few times when I erased card images from old cards, I noticed better versions of them reloaded for some of them while others were kept the same (say, Capacitor Stalker who just in February finally got changed from Condenser Death Stalker). Will EDOPro update images automatically or do we have to erase them as always without knowing exactly WHEN were they updated? I normally knew via the image-less anime cards finally getting ones. Also, sorry for a shameless plug regarding this topic, but Cynet Storm still shows the Japanese YGO symbol on a corner.

And finally: Goodbye, Percy.

Edited by user Monday, April 06, 2020 4:30:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybercatman  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2020 1:44:42 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,379

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LolsterXD97 Go to Quoted Post
A few questions:

1)What will happen to card bugs reported here and still not solved? Were they noted and will be eventually resolved for EDOPro or do we have to repost them on Discord? Will this forum be ever checked again or do we all have to migrate there?

2)Same as above but regarding anime/manga cards requests.

3)A few times when I erased card images from old cards, I noticed better versions of them reloaded for some of them while others were kept the same (say, Capacitor Stalker who just in February finally got changed from Condenser Death Stalker). Will EDOPro update images automatically or do we have to erase them as always without knowing exactly WHEN were they updated? I normally knew via the image-less anime cards finally getting ones. Also, sorry for a shameless plug regarding this topic, but Cynet Storm still shows the Japanese YGO symbol on a corner.

And finally: Goodbye, Percy.


1) As long as the forum is still on, they will be checked and fixed for Edopro, the old ygopro percy being no longer supported
But if you can report them on discord, don't hesitate, there is more people able to check there

2) on Anime Request, I still check here regularly but you can contact me or Larry126 on Discord, we will answer when we can (larry can be blocked by the china great firewall sometime)
We are thinking of a way to improve stuff on that side (documentation being pinned for ex), but I need to finish the whole doc first (Vrains page is ready, but i need to finish working on the other series)

3) Normally, I redid the TCG/OCG proxies a few week ago but i could have missed some as i automaticaly generated them, if you notice a problem like Cynet Storm, don't hesitate to send me a tag me on discord, I'll deal with it ASAP
For anime proxies, i already redid the ones with an TCG/OCG version and I plan to update the rest when i find time
As for card pics being updated/replaced, we can't delete pics user side, for warning people about pic being updated, I'll see what is possible discord side
Marc  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2020 7:24:15 PM(UTC)
Marc

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/6/2013(UTC)
Posts: 175

Thanks: 8 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How do I load custom cards in the new version? I used to us Ygopro card packer but that doesn't seem to work as the setting are different now.

Has anyone successfully added theirs to the game?

Thanks!

Marc
cybercatman  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2020 7:28:28 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,379

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Marc Go to Quoted Post
How do I load custom cards in the new version? I used to us Ygopro card packer but that doesn't seem to work as the setting are different now.

Has anyone successfully added theirs to the game?

Thanks!

Marc


You can try Data Editor X, it should work better
Marc  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2020 8:30:36 PM(UTC)
Marc

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/6/2013(UTC)
Posts: 175

Thanks: 8 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How do I use Data Editor X to put the cards in the database?
LolsterXD97  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2020 11:17:20 PM(UTC)
LolsterXD97

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 125

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cybercatman Go to Quoted Post
1) As long as the forum is still on, they will be checked and fixed for Edopro, the old ygopro percy being no longer supported
But if you can report them on discord, don't hesitate, there is more people able to check there

2) on Anime Request, I still check here regularly but you can contact me or Larry126 on Discord, we will answer when we can (larry can be blocked by the china great firewall sometime)
We are thinking of a way to improve stuff on that side (documentation being pinned for ex), but I need to finish the whole doc first (Vrains page is ready, but i need to finish working on the other series)

3) Normally, I redid the TCG/OCG proxies a few week ago but i could have missed some as i automaticaly generated them, if you notice a problem like Cynet Storm, don't hesitate to send me a tag me on discord, I'll deal with it ASAP
For anime proxies, i already redid the ones with an TCG/OCG version and I plan to update the rest when i find time
As for card pics being updated/replaced, we can't delete pics user side, for warning people about pic being updated, I'll see what is possible discord side


Thanks for the answer.

VoidAzure  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2020 4:04:34 PM(UTC)
VoidAzure

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/25/2018(UTC)
Posts: 4

I have several questions.

1.Can I transfer my old decks from the previous YGOPro?

2.Is this new version locked into the Rush Duel format or can I still use the previous Master Rules?

3.How competent is the AI?

4.Can I customize the music, sounds and card sleeves like before?

5.How much does it lag?
cybercatman  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2020 8:22:54 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,379

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Originally Posted by: VoidAzure Go to Quoted Post
I have several questions.

1.Can I transfer my old decks from the previous YGOPro?

2.Is this new version locked into the Rush Duel format or can I still use the previous Master Rules?

3.How competent is the AI?

4.Can I customize the music, sounds and card sleeves like before?

5.How much does it lag?


1- yes, the deck format is the same
2- you can choose the format and rules you want, you can even create your own stuff, for exemple, if you want the MR2020 with the ArcV pendulum zones, you can
3- It depend on the deck you select
4- yes, and even more
5- from what i know, any lag problem should be solved
dvd03  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 4:06:47 PM(UTC)
dvd03

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/26/2017(UTC)
Posts: 20

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
why aren't your notes saved when you come back? Gotta keep retyping

Edited by user Friday, April 10, 2020 4:51:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

niteshadows  
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 3:03:50 PM(UTC)
niteshadows

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 4/1/2020(UTC)
Posts: 3

I have 2 concerns, could you guys allow the AI to use one of the decks of the player's choosing and about the Lumis and Umbra card
"Masquerade" (c511005596) --->unofficial folder, it does not activate while I have a "Mask" card equipped to my opponent... can you guys please consider the AI and fix the "Maquerade" card? Thank you
LoveLiveLuna  
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 5:08:07 PM(UTC)
LoveLiveLuna

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 9/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 3

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Steeldarkeagel Go to Quoted Post
If you have been on our Twitter or Discord recently you may have noticed a change. YgoPro Percy has run its course and we will be taking EDOPro into the future.

Percival18 has retired and passed on the game to his team. Many of us have been working with him for years and you will see the staff on the Discord is still the same. Just a shiny new name.

To download this new game head to our discord: https://discord.gg/ygopro-percy

For more information in full: https://www.reddit.com/r...s_edopro_the_opensource/

We wish Percival18 the best in his new endeavors and we hope you will join us in saying Thank You to him for bringing this community together for so long.


First I wanna thank all of the Devs for your Hard work over these years, I really liked playing the game and I'm sad hearing about this development, I really liked the PercyEdition and had lots of fun dueling with my friends. I wish you all the best for the plans you have for this new Project.

Edited by user Saturday, April 18, 2020 5:10:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

pujan  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 5:52:13 AM(UTC)
pujan

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 7/7/2014(UTC)
Posts: 3

Thanks: 2 times
Hey guys, one of the things that was so beautiful about Percy's version was the ranked server (where you can see your own points, etc.) Can we bring that back? If you guys cannot do it, I'll do it as I'm a programmer too. I just need it back because I believe a lot of people here enjoy that server so much before (the one where you start with 1000 score).
cybercatman  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 7:19:31 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,379

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pujan Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, one of the things that was so beautiful about Percy's version was the ranked server (where you can see your own points, etc.) Can we bring that back? If you guys cannot do it, I'll do it as I'm a programmer too. I just need it back because I believe a lot of people here enjoy that server so much before (the one where you start with 1000 score).


We never says no to people willing to help
Feel free to contact KODER in the discord about that possibility, he would be the best one to answer your questions
Dueler312  
#17 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2020 9:20:17 PM(UTC)
Dueler312

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 95

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
THey are not taking requests right now. Main thing is to just get things running smoothly right now.
yuseilight  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2020 2:52:58 PM(UTC)
yuseilight

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/21/2016(UTC)
Posts: 137

Thanks: 30 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Why are there many card/script problems in Edopro?Ygopro Percy was better

Edited by user Wednesday, May 06, 2020 2:53:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybercatman  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2020 5:00:26 PM(UTC)
cybercatman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,379

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Originally Posted by: yuseilight Go to Quoted Post
Why are there many card/script problems in Edopro?Ygopro Percy was better


You need to explain to me how ygopro Percy was better given that Edopro is the same simulator made by the same team just under a different name (and that percy had less features)...
:S

As for "card/script problem", we solve the stuff that get reported, if a problem is never reported, how can we guess that there is a problem?

Report it either report it in the discord or by making a post in the forum so it can be checked and if there is a real problem (and not a ruling/interaction missed by the player), so it can be fixed ASAP
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error