YGOPRO Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BananaPhone42  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 1:15:16 AM(UTC)
BananaPhone42

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey, hey, hey, ladies and gentlemen. It's old Banana, former reverse-engineering guy of the now defunct YGOPercy. Note the "former" in the sentence, because now it's time I step out of the shadows to tell you what's up.

I quit making new canon cards backwards compatible. Now, hold on, hold on... before you get too disappointed (or not, up to you and I'm cool, either way), let me give you a few words...

• Let's be honest, YGOPercy 1.033.D(a) is just not built with the core meant to make some of the newer cards function, that is if I can get them to function at all. Some cards are just flat-out impossible to make backwards compatible with this version of YGOPercy, and with my limited knowledge since I never was an official programmer in the YGOPercy team... sometimes, it would take me HOURS to reverse-engineer a card to get it running for an inferior version, as I'm sure you're aware of if you read my previous postings.

Remember my bitching about Madame Verre? ...Yeah, that was HELL to program, as I've said. Then, there was the newest "Assault Mode" monster released just last year; couldn't get the son of a bitch to work no matter what I tried. Then, there was that "Endymion, the Mighty Master of Magic. Guess what happened? Its' effects required things with the Spell Counter that the core for YGOPercy just couldn't deliver on, ergo it was impossible for me to reverse-engineer it.

• I've mostly lost my passion for reverse-engineering, anyway. It's tedious, and I have almost no help. I have to do this all on my own, and it can be very grueling, esp. when I think I've found just the right script to make it work, only to have the card not work properly or not work at all. However, maybe I'll pop in and continue to make custom cards for existing archetypes, if I find the inspiration.

• Whenever the above happens, it just makes the version of YGOPercy I have feel utterly incomplete. Furthermore, the bitter taste of failure is something I got tired of; kind of sucked the fun out of reverse-engineering those cards. Also, nobody seemed to really give a damn whether I did or didn't. Also, I'm not getting paid for doing that, either. All in all, it felt like work, not something I did for fun.

• The scripts for the newer cards are coded in a way that the core simply does not recognize, so a mere copy-and-paste will not work. If it DID work that way, I wouldn't have wasted so much damn time building it by hand, now would have I?

• This version of YGOPercy is pretty much rendered obsolete to me. Why, you ask? Well, that would be because of EDOPro having an A.I. and other cool stuff, too, like "Dimension Duel" which works just like it does in the movie, Dark Side of Dimensions. The A.I. even works offline, too. Also, I can just go to the EDOPro Discord Server, and not have to waste time searching for an installer that seems to have all but vanished from the web.

in conclusion, don't bother asking me to reverse-engineer a card for YGOPercy 1.033.D(a). Sorry if that disappoints some of you, but like I said, why bother when there's a new version that can do everything its' predecessor can't? It was fun, I got to learn some things about coding a Yu-Gi-Oh! card for a virtual duel, and it's been a good run. But, the show's over now. If I feel like it, expect to see some custom cards for existing archetypes in the future... of course, I'll have to learn how to do it with this new version from scratch. The coding, as I said, is entirely different from YGOPercy.

Thanks for listening. BananaPhone, out.
thanks 1 user thanked BananaPhone42 for this useful post.
kvanir  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 5:34:00 PM(UTC)
kvanir

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks for sharing another newer ygo program. Glad to see an AI is up and running offline. I'll try it out.

I had thought about switching too, but lack of an offline AI and porting all the custom cards over to the new program keeps me from doing so.

Edit: tried it out, looks good. Would card packer work to port cards over? or do I need to reprogram a lot of them? I also wonder about porting AI, as I had made tons of edits to it. Hopefully that windbot is better then percy AI.

Edited by user Monday, April 20, 2020 5:53:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BananaPhone42  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 5:52:57 PM(UTC)
BananaPhone42

Originally Posted by: kvanir Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for sharing another newer ygo program. Glad to see an AI is up and running offline. I'll try it out.

I had thought about switching too, but lack of an offline AI and porting all the custom cards over to the new program keeps me from doing so.

No problem. I can even make custom Link monsters if I want, now, and I don't think Link Summoning was possible with 1.033.D(a)... Oh yeah, and Percy's pretty much retired from the scene, I've heard, so his team's pretty much taken over. Anyway, here's how to access the A.I. (yes, it works offline, too).

>Click the "Lan+AI" button on the main menu
>Click "Host" at the very top.
>Set up your settings like you would in YGOPercy (You can change your style of duel by clicking "Extra Rules", choosing a style on the checklist, and clicking "OK").
>Click the "Local AI" button, choose a deck for the AI, add AI player, click the check mark in your box, then click "Ready".
kvanir  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 5:56:48 PM(UTC)
kvanir

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Woah a fast reply. I made edit to my post without refreshing.

Found AI no problem. Gonna try to port over my rules and cards from old percy.

I will let you know I suppose.

Edit: looks like AI isn't fully local. It's server side, so I can't make edits to it...

Edited by user Monday, April 20, 2020 6:00:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BananaPhone42  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 6:34:07 PM(UTC)
BananaPhone42

Originally Posted by: kvanir Go to Quoted Post
Woah a fast reply. I made edit to my post without refreshing.

Found AI no problem. Gonna try to port over my rules and cards from old percy.

I will let you know I suppose.

Edit: looks like AI isn't fully local. It's server side, so I can't make edits to it...

Well, I work quick, my good man. I just ported my "Mythical Danger!! Phoenix!!" card to EDOPro, and it seemed to work just fine. Also, yeah, it sucks you can't code the AI to give it or yourself advantages... doesn't matter; I can always use my OP cards and dance on his head till I decide I want a challenge~.