042564
  • 042564
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-04-03T12:07:18Z
Hey guys , today i was encountering this star seraph hype from 12 out of 16 duels (i know it sounds weird they should be old cards) ...

then somehow , i encounter this salty lady who uses a star seraph or maybe shaddolls , idk , it should be their combination of 2 , i was using a made for fun synchron R5 deck which maybe sparks some hate from the lady ...

i was typing "another one ?" and then unfinished "what the heck is with the star seraph hype ..."

then i summon my infinity , then all hell break loose , she started to spew some words which unhealthy for a lady , at first she just curses me because my "another one" chat and my infinity plays , then when i called her bro she curses me non-stop i began to realized that i was dealing with a lady , she won't even listen to my chat . well she was the winner because she has a good hand , and i was playing some weak test material synchrons , she got raigeki , soul charge BLS , not to mention i waste too much resource to made the infinity play and also her star seraph free pluses , yet she mention that cyber dragon infinity is too op ... /swt

IMO Infinity isn't too OP because it is only once per turn and you can get around infinity by using a cheap card called breakthrough skill which is at minimum should be mained at 2 ... okay at least sided ...

sure it becomes a big beater with better absorbtion from 101 but i think it is pretty balanced and should force your opponent waste 1 or 2 turn until he get the right card or maybe if you have plenty of resources then infinity will just welcoming the turn in the graveyard ...

i don't remember her username , it should be something that means some for girls ...

what about you guys ? do you think cyber dragon infinity is OP ?

AntiMetaman
2015-04-03T13:04:41Z
Well, a similar card, Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En, can negate spells/traps once per turn, but it is semi-limited. Yet, Cyber Dragon Infinity, which can negate anything once per turn is unlimited. Shi En requires a non-tuner six samurai monster, but Infinity can be splashed into any deck almost due to Planetellarknight Ptolemaios.
mooyan curry
2015-04-03T13:37:00Z
Originally Posted by: 042564 

then i summon my infinity , then all hell break loose , she started to spew some words which unhealthy for a lady , at first she just curses me because my "another one" chat and my infinity plays , then when i called her bro she curses me non-stop i began to realized that i was dealing with a lady , she won't even listen to my chat . well she was the winner because she has a good hand , and i was playing some weak test material synchrons , she got raigeki , soul charge BLS , not to mention i waste too much resource to made the infinity play and also her star seraph free pluses , yet she mention that cyber dragon infinity is too op ... /swt



LOL I think I know who she is! She's the one usually using some random Anime name, and gets all butthurt over commonly used extra deck cards. I'm surprised she didn't surrender, as she usually does so at the slightest disadvantage.
TheExceeder
2015-04-03T13:44:22Z
I say yes, it is OP. At least, it's too OP for how easy it is to summon. If it required a Rank-Up-Magic card, it wouldn't be so bad. Trying to get rid of it is an incredible pain. I think Shi En was OP and I think the same of Infinity. A card that can keep ruining any chance of a comeback is simply terribad.
FTON
  • FTON
  • Advanced Member
2015-04-03T14:26:40Z
Originally Posted by: AntiMetaman 

Well, a similar card, Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En, can negate spells/traps once per turn, but it is semi-limited. Yet, Cyber Dragon Infinity, which can negate anything once per turn is unlimited. Shi En requires a non-tuner six samurai monster, but Infinity can be splashed into any deck almost due to Planetellarknight Ptolemaios.



And yet, both of them can still be negated! Konami Kept this one Unmimited since they think that it only can be Sp Summoned using Machine Decks, however, since they got Planetellarknight Ptolemaios, everyone abuses infinity.

042564, if you want to use Infinity, Go ahead, and don't take anything others say into account.

AntiMetaman
2015-04-03T14:33:11Z
Ironically, Cyber Dragon Infinity is more dangerous in non-machine decks than in machine decks. Against a machine deck, it's easy to side a Chimeratech fortress and get rid of it with virtually no minuses. However, in decks that have a formidable rank 4 engine such as Tellarknights, you can't use Chimeratech. This is why Lava Golem is becoming a popular side deck option which can get rid of almost anything.
hexanort
2015-04-03T14:46:11Z
Cyber Dragon Infinity is definitely strong, but not meta material or OP....

first it has relatively low stat (2300 after negate once), many generic rank 4/lv 5+ synch can beat it without needing to use effect

second its not very splashable, unless you made a dedicated deck for it, chances are it arent easy to summon, plus it cost 2 extra deck monster (3 if you use planetellar), i'd say absorb and opt negate is fine for a 3 mat xyz (or 2 level 5 if you're summoning through nova)

shi-en arent splashable either, but it is hit is because six sam was meta at that moment, and it work perfectly with the deck, while infinity arent part of meta, either in its own archetype or its own dedicated deck....also at six sam format is a S/T dependant format which one negated s/t hurts, while in this format meta has resource all over the place that even universal negation like quasar/infinity doesnt hurt....






042564
  • 042564
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-04-03T15:42:26Z
wow so much reply in short time , i am touched ...

Originally Posted by: AntiMetaman 

Well, a similar card, Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En, can negate spells/traps once per turn, but it is semi-limited. Yet, Cyber Dragon Infinity, which can negate anything once per turn is unlimited. Shi En requires a non-tuner six samurai monster, but Infinity can be splashed into any deck almost due to Planetellarknight Ptolemaios.



well what a ptolemaios do in a rank 5 synchrons ? also ptolemaios generic xyz change is maybe what makes infinity hated , well it should be come in consequences like eating up space or eating up resources like my synchron deck ...

Originally Posted by: mooyan curry 


LOL I think I know who she is! She's the one usually using some random Anime name, and gets all butthurt over commonly used extra deck cards. I'm surprised she didn't surrender, as she usually does so at the slightest disadvantage.



how can she surrender herself ? she got raigeki , soul charge , bls and shaddolls backup ... lol girls nowadays

Originally Posted by: TheExceeder 

I say yes, it is OP. At least, it's too OP for how easy it is to summon. If it required a Rank-Up-Magic card, it wouldn't be so bad. Trying to get rid of it is an incredible pain. I think Shi En was OP and I think the same of Infinity. A card that can keep ruining any chance of a comeback is simply terribad.



Well Shi En is both a Shi En and Six Samurai , and he fits absolutely great in the deck , SixSam was a part of meta that time and yeah you know , konami has a bad habit to innocent card like Shi En which has many ways to get around him , and infinity is no different ... IMHO

Originally Posted by: FTON 


And yet, both of them can still be negated! Konami Kept this one Unmimited since they think that it only can be Sp Summoned using Machine Decks, however, since they got Planetellarknight Ptolemaios, everyone abuses infinity.

042564, if you want to use Infinity, Go ahead, and don't take anything others say into account.



actually infinity is just released , in konami's eye it is still innocent and thank you , you are good man [:thumbu:] ...

Originally Posted by: AntiMetaman 

Ironically, Cyber Dragon Infinity is more dangerous in non-machine decks than in machine decks. Against a machine deck, it's easy to side a Chimeratech fortress and get rid of it with virtually no minuses. However, in decks that have a formidable rank 4 engine such as Tellarknights, you can't use Chimeratech. This is why Lava Golem is becoming a popular side deck option which can get rid of almost anything.



see even some side-decking can get rid infinity easily , i wonder how many times my infinity plays fall to victim in a lava golem / lava queen plays ... ?

Originally Posted by: hexanort 

Cyber Dragon Infinity is definitely strong, but not meta material or OP....

first it has relatively low stat (2300 after negate once), many generic rank 4/lv 5+ synch can beat it without needing to use effect

second its not very splashable, unless you made a dedicated deck for it, chances are it arent easy to summon, plus it cost 2 extra deck monster (3 if you use planetellar), i'd say absorb and opt negate is fine for a 3 mat xyz (or 2 level 5 if you're summoning through nova)

shi-en arent splashable either, but it is hit is because six sam was meta at that moment, and it work perfectly with the deck, while infinity arent part of meta, either in its own archetype or its own dedicated deck....also at six sam format is a S/T dependant format which one negated s/t hurts, while in this format meta has resource all over the place that even universal negation like quasar/infinity doesnt hurt....



Yeah , i wonder if tellar ptolemaios will got hit first or infinity will got hit first ? exciting right ? IMO i think Shi En should be innocent enough , player should gone through deep thinking process instead of relying on the meta abilities , isn't be successful player on your own is better than a prepared win by konami ?

i have used both the R5 access and R4 access to infinity , and it seems R4 are easier to get into infinity since R4 aren't required a sacrifice or prerequisite like R5 does ...
Loluthinks
2015-04-04T22:01:00Z
i am a Cyber Style user since 2002 and i never use other main deck than this, and right now i use my Cyber Dragon deck with infinity and i can win 9/10 times against almost any deck exept infernities and necroz wich i only gain 5/10 times, Cyber Dragon Infinity can be used with ptolemaios, but this card was created mainly for support the OTK of a cyber dragon deck, it help to negate cards in the field so you can summon Chimeratech Rampage dragon and inflict more than 12k of damage.
Actually this card is consider an anti-meta, able to Fu*k off most decks with the negation, and the absorbing, thats why some people call it "Cyber Dragon Majin-Boo" it can negate even further if you run gravity blasterx xyz reflect and forbidden dress is almost invincible, and your opponent only draw and end turn or surrender instantly.

PD: they dint include Cyber Dragon Infinity in the banlist of april, because even if you can summon it, is easy to get rid off it, divine wrath/breaktrough skill, running chimeratech fortress dragon in your extra deck, dont allowing your opponent special summon it.
042564
  • 042564
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-04-11T19:28:13Z
^yeah that pretty much kills anything , and thats the reason why Shi En now is at 2 ...
Justaplayer
2015-04-18T21:22:58Z
It's not OP, people should learn to play the game well. It's just an inferior version of Quasar that doesn't even replace itself.
Infinity's task is to help the OTK's by effect negation. A deck that builds on summoning 2-3 infinites is just weak.
mooyan curry
2015-04-18T22:53:55Z
To be fair, CyDra Infinity used to be overpowered, at least on the Checkmate server. There it used to be improperly flagged as a non-effect monster, so its effects couldn't be stopped or negated outside of Forbidden Chalice.

Back then that was a great way to get free ranking points though. "What's that? You're using meta-relevant effect negation cards? Too bad for you! GG!" [:laugh:]
goodknife
2015-04-19T22:37:55Z
c101 + starsalt in a card (and much easier to summoned). nope, not op at all >.>
EchoRed
2015-04-21T08:20:06Z
I think it's just that some archetypes don't have the outs or resources to deal with it and if they do get rid of it they're open to pretty much everything else the opponent can do. The meta can handle it but everyone else is on their own.