el3mel
  • el3mel
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-04-13T00:12:54Z
Trying to build a dark magician / the eye of timaues just for fun .. dueling against the AI but uptill now I have lost a hundreds of time .. getting a bad start and dead draws often .. a dangerous indicate to me that the deck is not balanced or focused .. sometimes the deck works pretty well .. most of time it doesn't

UserPostedImage

any help ?

042564
2015-04-13T03:41:39Z
Just a suggestion you will have plenty of chances getting Dark Magician on board if you mill him from the deck . So i advise a Foolish Burial , and Rank4 Support to get Lavalval Chain Earlier , and you know with a R7 you can get Big-Eye instead of some random R7 , also you can make Dark Paladin instead of Amulet Dragon and its Dark Magician Girl counterpart ...

Also instead of Cat of Ill Omen i advise you to get some Dark World Dealing and some Allure of Darkness , to make the deck keep going ...
el3mel
  • el3mel
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-04-13T14:41:29Z
Originally Posted by: 042564 

Just a suggestion you will have plenty of chances getting Dark Magician on board if you mill him from the deck . So i advise a Foolish Burial , and Rank4 Support to get Lavalval Chain Earlier , and you know with a R7 you can get Big-Eye instead of some random R7 , also you can make Dark Paladin instead of Amulet Dragon and its Dark Magician Girl counterpart ...

Also instead of Cat of Ill Omen i advise you to get some Dark World Dealing and some Allure of Darkness , to make the deck keep going ...



thanks for suggestions , bro
I tried some changes with the deck , removing the 2 cat of ill omen and braker , adding tin goldfish and 2 kagetokage
removing dark magic curtain since it doesn't seem to work that good and the cost is too heavy , adding foolish burial and allure of darkness
Dark paladin is already present in the deck

UserPostedImage

your opinions , then ??
el3mel
  • el3mel
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-04-13T19:27:33Z
Decided to remove allure of darkness .. not really working good .. Also I need to send monsters to the grave , not to banish them

UserPostedImage

the deck becomes much faster but still dead draws and bad starts killing it often
too bad
OneHitKo
2015-04-13T21:25:47Z
To be honest I found this in a lot of decks but running 2 summoner monks kind of kills the point since you need spells to discard and I dont see them here tell me seriously how many times did you regret discarding a spell here. Also amulet dragon works better in a spell comsuption deck so thats something to think about here i think you will be better of if you shift the concentration of the deck ro dark magician girl. Ill rework it a little tommorow to try and keep your style but in mean time try another goblin instead of 1 summoner also take out the amulet dragon put in number 101 it is a lifesaver for a lvl 4 support deck
el3mel
  • el3mel
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-04-13T23:50:08Z
Originally Posted by: OneHitKo 

To be honest I found this in a lot of decks but running 2 summoner monks kind of kills the point since you need spells to discard and I dont see them here tell me seriously how many times did you regret discarding a spell here. Also amulet dragon works better in a spell comsuption deck so thats something to think about here i think you will be better of if you shift the concentration of the deck ro dark magician girl. Ill rework it a little tommorow to try and keep your style but in mean time try another goblin instead of 1 summoner also take out the amulet dragon put in number 101 it is a lifesaver for a lvl 4 support deck



thanks for your help , my friend
hmm .. I was actually starting to think about that .. the fact here is in most times I discard the eye of timaues itself to activates monk's effect .. I couldn't really use the eye timaues perfectly to get the fusion summons quickly .. except , most of the duels I won was by swarming the field with dark magicians using Eternal soul + Dark magician of illusions , not due to the fusions
I think shifting the deck to dark magician girl will be mush harder ? Dark magician being normal monster gives him thousand of ways to be special summoned to the field .. I think

waiting to see your deck [:smile:]
OneHitKo
2015-04-14T11:18:04Z
OK as far as I can see your deck goes for R4 support with the ability to spam your monsters asap and sending DM to the graveyard quickly. I decreased the number of your monsters and traps inserted more spells for more fuel for monk.
I run Prisma at 2 since he can be accessed with monk, reinforcements and warrior returns alive.
Resonance device can give you access to a rank 7 xyz with monk gagaga magician combo, gagaga girl is there for the same reason, can also lead to sorcerer.
Mallet will be your draw engine ( I just feel the most comfort with it since it can replace an entire dead draw hand and gives me the most space for a quick strategy )
Sages stone is a dead draw most of the times stuffed it to the side.
Swing of memories is more or less obvious since you will almost always have a dark magician in the grave it can give you a R7 xyz and is a solid monk fuel.
No buster and polymerization, Paladin is out since you can use amulet to throw your DM to the grave, instead I threw in exciton knight for a field nuke since this is a R4 support deck.
BLS (well prisma is light and you will be using him so you can summon him most of the time).
The rest is more or less obvious.

Cards you might want to check out:
-Blizzard princess-Can be tribute summoned rather easy with this deck configuration and blocks your opponents spells and traps for the rest of the turn.
-Gagaga wind- i think i don't need to explain this
-magical exemplar with citadel of endymion(also endymion the master magician)-this combo should be able to summon your DM from graveyard rather easy with your spell consumption.
File Attachment(s):
dark-magician.ydk (1kb) downloaded 61 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
el3mel
  • el3mel
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-04-14T13:57:11Z
hmm .. good deck , but I think it's somehow exposed to opponent's cards ? there's no cards to defend you from incoming attacks or to negate cards activation .. only 2 dark magic attack to destroy spell cards , which depends on dark magician itself
also I believe it's better to drop magician's circle to one card .. it never worked with me that good.. eternal soul seems to be much easier to get dark magician quickly from hand or grave and also supplies you with dark magic attack to destroy opponent's backrow , still its disadvantage to destroy all monsters you control if it's destroyed needs some protection for it , or it can lead to a certain loss with just one mystical space typhoon .. so I prefer to have some cards to protect it as dark bribe , may be dropping magician's circle by one and adding another eternal soul so that so that if one is destroyed it's not the end of the world
gagaga girl is good , but I think gagaga child will be much better ? since it can be special summoned from your hand and has the same effect as gagaga girl .. just seems gagaga child is much faster , can brings quickly sorcerer of dark magic or dark magician of illusion just in one turn alongside with gagaga magician , and the disadvantage of not attacking this turn is not really a big problem
also I think about dropping reinforcement of the army to one or may even remove it , it has only 4 targets in the entire deck : ( the 2 prismas and the 2 goblins )
magical mallet is good .. I have always loved using pot of avarice as my main drawing card .. too bad it is now banned
the eye of timaues can summon dark paladin as well , so it can be good to have it in extra deck , sometimes it is much better than amulet dragon , as it can frustrate your opponent by negating his spell cards
el3mel
  • el3mel
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-04-14T14:42:53Z
UserPostedImage

becomes much faster with this construction .. not the best deck but at least now it's not crashed easily by other fast decks 😃
OneHitKo
2015-04-14T15:28:08Z
Originally Posted by: el3mel 

hmm .. good deck , but I think it's somehow exposed to opponent's cards ? there's no cards to defend you from incoming attacks or to negate cards activation .. only 2 dark magic attack to destroy spell cards , which depends on dark magician itself
also I believe it's better to drop magician's circle to one card .. it never worked with me that good.. eternal soul seems to be much easier to get dark magician quickly from hand or grave and also supplies you with dark magic attack to destroy opponent's backrow , still its disadvantage to destroy all monsters you control if it's destroyed needs some protection for it , or it can lead to a certain loss with just one mystical space typhoon .. so I prefer to have some cards to protect it as dark bribe , may be dropping magician's circle by one and adding another eternal soul so that so that if one is destroyed it's not the end of the world
gagaga girl is good , but I think gagaga child will be much better ? since it can be special summoned from your hand and has the same effect as gagaga girl .. just seems gagaga child is much faster , can brings quickly sorcerer of dark magic or dark magician of illusion just in one turn alongside with gagaga magician , and the disadvantage of not attacking this turn is not really a big problem
also I think about dropping reinforcement of the army to one or may even remove it , it has only 4 targets in the entire deck : ( the 2 prismas and the 2 goblins )
magical mallet is good .. I have always loved using pot of avarice as my main drawing card .. too bad it is now banned
the eye of timaues can summon dark paladin as well , so it can be good to have it in extra deck , sometimes it is much better than amulet dragon , as it can frustrate your opponent by negating his spell cards



I see what you mean but instead of protecting eternal soul wouldn't it be easier to protect your monsters from souls eff for example tyrant's temper should be nice you only need to summon dark magician from grave it does not negate that eff but soul wont protect DM from other card effects so that is something to think about. And I know about gagaga child but I like to run girl much more. Also I was not aware of Eye being able to summon Paladin.

el3mel
  • el3mel
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2015-04-14T18:18:50Z
Originally Posted by: OneHitKo 


I see what you mean but instead of protecting eternal soul wouldn't it be easier to protect your monsters from souls eff for example tyrant's temper should be nice you only need to summon dark magician from grave it does not negate that eff but soul wont protect DM from other card effects so that is something to think about. And I know about gagaga child but I like to run girl much more. Also I was not aware of Eye being able to summon Paladin.



actually the eye of timaeus can summon any fusion listing dark magician or dark magician girl .. even dark flare knight .. so you see paladin can be pretty useful

also for eternal soul , while its on the field dark magician can't be affected at all by any card effects .. the card says :

"All "Dark Magicians" in your Monster Zone are unaffected by your opponent's card effects. If this face-up card leaves the field: Destroy all monsters you control. You can only use 1 of the following effects of "Eternal Soul" per turn, and only once that turn. You can activate 1 of these effects;
● Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician" from your hand or Graveyard.
● Add 1 "Dark Magic Attack" or "Thousand Knives" from your Deck to your hand."

this is why this card is awesome : excellent way to always summon dark magician from hand or grave during your and your opponent's turns , can search deck for dark magic attack , and also full protection from effects to dark magician .. Its only disadvantage is when it's destroyed .. but yeah seems tyrant temper can be a good counter to protect my monsters when soul is destroyed .. think I will try it

thanks for your help
OneHitKo
2015-04-14T21:17:22Z
It says your opponents card effects witch means you will stop protecting DM with etenral soul so it becomes more of a summoning tool than a peace keeper
Users browsing this topic